Senate Democrats again vote against advancing coronavirus package

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
March 23 (UPI) -- Senate Democrats on Monday voted against advancing a more-than $1 trillion coronavirus stimulus package for the second time, saying it failed to adequately protect American workers.

It was the second time Democrats declined to approve a procedural vote to begin debate on the package, which could total $1.6 trillion. The two parties were continuing negotiations on the legislation with hopes the chamber can pass it by the end of Monday.

Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer of New York met with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House legislative affairs director Eric Ueland on Monday. He's said he's confident the chamber will pass the legislation soon.

"Given more time, I believe we could reach a point where the legislation is close enough to what the nation needs for all senators, all senators to want to move forward," Schumer said. "We are not yet at that point." [more]

Arrest Capitol Hill Democrats NOW!
This soft coup that they've been pursuing for all these years is now out of hand. This latest is just too much. This, invisible enemy, as Corona is called makes the Democrats actions tantamount to treason.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
What is needed now.

Medical supplies. Healthcare coverage for everyone.

Unemployment Compensation funding increase to cover the loss of take home pay.

Low interest loans to those businesses that are negatively effected by corona virus shutdowns, and to those who keep all employees on the payroll during and after the crisis is over.

That's all!

Everyone to calm down. In a few weeks recovery will return on steroids.

We can look at the long term needs of citizens and businesses after the crisis is over.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Yes, all things that President Trump's speech to date included as he then noted,for all that to get done it would have to have Congressional approval. Which starts in the Democratic majority House.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
The Congress can accomplish more by total self isolation. Any of the proposed radical actions is detrimental to our country's future.

G

G2RBeliever

@Whispered did M.L. go into effect in your state today?

Reminds me of OUTBREAK & THE STAND movies!

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
@Whispered did M.L. go into effect in your state today?

Reminds me of OUTBREAK & THE STAND movies!
I have no doubt the paralegal in our governor's office was telling the truth.
Supposedly, it is going into effect tomorrow. People aren't allowed to leave their house starting at 8a.m. unless absolutely necessary.
We'll see.

Dec 15, 2016
I am so glad the democratic party if fighting for the common worker under the republican plan they would give big bailouts to the corporations and leave the rest of us fend for oursleves

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I have no doubt the paralegal in our governor's office was telling the truth.
Supposedly, it is going into effect tomorrow. People aren't allowed to leave their house starting at 8a.m. unless absolutely necessary.
We'll see.
I was curious to see what area was being locked down now so I did some IP creeping on you. You aren't too far from where I spent my early years.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I am so glad the democratic party if fighting for the common worker under the republican plan they would give big bailouts to the corporations and leave the rest of us fend for oursleves
Do you know what the Democrats attached to the latest bill that was intended to help fight Corona? Nonsense about jet airplane emissions!

S

SpoonJuly

Delusional!

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I was curious to see what area was being locked down now so I did some IP creeping on you. You aren't too far from where I spent my early years.
It should be an interesting few weeks ahead. Government could go crazy over this. I think what is happening now is we're being tested to see how scared all this makes us now. And how easily we comply with rules that are being put in place.
None of this makes sense as it is. No more than ten people can convene in one area? But retail stores are packed?
Restaurants aren't allowed to seat people? But more than ten people can come to work in their kitchen, touch and prepare foods, for take out and delivery?

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
It should be an interesting few weeks ahead. Government could go crazy over this. I think what is happening now is we're being tested to see how scared all this makes us now. And how easily we comply with rules that are being put in place.
None of this makes sense as it is. No more than ten people can convene in one area? But retail stores are packed?
Restaurants aren't allowed to seat people? But more than ten people can come to work in their kitchen, touch and prepare foods, for take out and delivery?
Hey - you are catching on! :):cool:

Keep paying attention. You will eventually discover that most things that happen in this world are deliberately done for reasons that have nothing [directly] to do with the thing itself.

The less sense it makes, the more of your liberties are being stripped away right under your nose.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Hey - you are catching on! :):cool:

Keep paying attention. You will eventually discover that most things that happen in this world are deliberately done for reasons that have nothing [directly] to do with the thing itself.

The less sense it makes, the more of your liberties are being stripped away right under your nose.
"In plain sight".
I remember when the idea of Fluoride was first introduced into certain water supplies in the state I lived in back in the day. It's good for your teeth! They said. And I was a kid so what did I know? My friend Kelly had perfect teeth, not a single filling. She loved the Dentist. She'd also consumed Fluoridated water all her young life.
Then when I got older I started watching these documentaries on WW2. Live footage of battles, some even in color. Fascinating. Then there's Hitler giving his speeches. At first it was just in German. A few years later there appeared subtitles in those kind of historic programs. Great, I finally get to know what he's actually saying. Well, according to that subtitle anyway.

Then I heard about Fluoride as part of his program for Germany. Fluoride? He cares about the peoples teeth? Nooooo! Turns out, one of the side effects of Fluoride consumption is passivity, docility.

Many years later in a different state there was a bill on the table in the local legislature that pertained to Fluoridating all municipal water supplies in the state.
Contrary to all the protests and contacts of representatives and even the then Governor asking the bill not be passed, it was.

Someone once quipped when I was saying that our country is changing in increments for the worst, "the Spanish inquisition didn't happen over night!"
Now I see what they meant.
You don't take over a country with millions of residents over night. First you make them afraid. Then you offer them a solution not to be afraid.

Or, as someone well versed in that kind of action once said:
“Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or fascist dictatorship, or a parliament or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peace makers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”
Hermann Göring Adolf Hitler's Reichsmarschall .

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Is anyone here TRULY surprised that the Politicians are playing POLITICS with this Pandemic? Anyone?

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Not surprised a bit. My brother is right. Not Democrats, Demoncrats Demoncrafts!

LOOK MOM!(points down) TRAITORS!

"Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer decide to take a bipartisan rescue bill as a political hostage."

‘The Pelosi-Schumer Coronavirus Contagion’
By Pamela Geller - on March 24, 2020
Nancy and Chuck prioritized these far-left issues over help for working families:

Audits of election results (yes, seriously)
Airline carbon emissions
Corporate diversity requirements
Collective bargaining for Federal workers
Expansion of wind/solar credits

— Pamela Geller (@PamelaGeller) March 24, 2020

‘THE PELOSI-SCHUMER CORONAVIRUS CONTAGION’
“What a spectacle. Much of America is quarantined at home, the public is so panicked there’s a run on toilet paper, the country desperately wants reassurance, and Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer decide to take a bipartisan rescue bill as a political hostage,” The Wall Street Journal editorial board writes.

“When America most needs bipartisan cooperation, Democrats add to the economic uncertainty by putting their partisan interests above the needs of the country.”

Click here to read more.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
American's are in need and these party people look to add pork to a Corona rescue bill so as to make themselves look good to their base?

Pelosi’s Coronavirus Plan: Up to $1,000,000,000 for Sanctuary Cities And Port, Pork, Pork
March 24, 2020
If the GOP held up a relief bill, the Democrat media complex would be hanging us high in Times Square. Thee should be NOTHING in the Coronavirus relief bll that is not Corona related.
– $300M for foreign refugees
– $800M for Endowment for the Humanities and Arts
– $100M for NASA
– $25M for cleaning supplies for the Capital Building.
– $25M for additional House of Reps salary.
–A nationwide mandate for ballot harvesting
–An automatic visa extension for all foreign workers
–An expansion of foreign-language ballots
–Same-day voter registration for the 2020 presidential election
–An amnesty for nearly 800,000 DACA illegal aliens

-----

Pelosi’s Coronavirus Plan: Up to $1,000,000,000 for Sanctuary Cities
By Joh Binder, Breitbart, March 24, 2020:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) latest coronavirus plan includes a provision that forces American taxpayers to provide up to $1 billion in Justice Department grant funding to sanctuary cities that shield criminal illegal aliens from arrest and deportation.
On Tuesday, Pelosi released a revised version of House Democrats’ plan in the midst of the coronavirus, which includes:
Pelosi’s plan also includes forcing American taxpayers to provide federal grant funding to sanctuary jurisdictions that refuse to turn over criminal illegal aliens to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents for arrest and deportation.
The provision states:
$1 billion [in Byrne Justice Assistance Grants] to help prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus, including for purchasing personal protective equipment. Funds are to be distributed under the same requirements, conditions, compliance, and certification as 2016, thus preventing DOJ from blocking any of these funds from going to sanctuary jurisdictions. [Emphasis added]​
Pelosi’s plan reverses former Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ implementation of Justice Department policy that cuts federal grant funding to sanctuary jurisdictions such as the sanctuary states of California, New York, Illinois, and New Jersey.
The reversal slipped into the coronavirus plan comes just a month after the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit ruled that the Trump administration has the authority to withhold federal grant money from sanctuary jurisdictions due to their failure to meet federal requirements that include abiding by federal immigration law.
The nation’s largest sanctuary jurisdictions – Los Angeles County, California and New York City, New York – release thousands of criminal illegal aliens every year. In 2018, New York City officials released close to 3,000 criminal illegal aliens back into communities. Meanwhile, Los Angeles County officials release up to 100 criminal illegal aliens every day . [Source/more reading]
The current Democrat stimulus proposal…
– $300M for Migrant and Refugee assistance
– $800M for Endowment for the Humanities and Arts
– $100M for NASA
– $25M for cleaning supplies for the Capital Building.
– $25M for additional House of Reps salary.
Are you kidding me!
— Ryan Fournier (@RyanAFournier) March 24, 2020