Separating the Clean from UnClean Food!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
I would think people would be concern more about the Lake of fire and Judgment day! If we make an honest mistake Jesus can help us, but if we sin willingly, look out! "...there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation..." (Hebrews 10:26-27). When Jesus died only the sacrificial law was done away with, alone with Leviticus priesthood.
What about the health laws?

Offerings?

Social laws?

Tithing?

Laws applying to bulls and the duties of land owners?

Criminal law?

Tabernacle or temple law?

If you believe in a partial fulfillment of the law. Then you have to grind through over 600 laws and decide which have been fulfilled.
Which no longer apply. Add to that, the law that was issued through the prophets, for example, drunkenness.

It is just not good enough to say the sacrificial law was annulled.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
What about the health laws?

Offerings?

Social laws?

Tithing?

Laws applying to bulls and the duties of land owners?

Criminal law?

Tabernacle or temple law?

If you believe in a partial fulfillment of the law. Then you have to grind through over 600 laws and decide which have been fulfilled.
Which no longer apply. Add to that, the law that was issued through the prophets, for example, drunkenness.

It is just not good enough to say the sacrificial law was annulled.
Just stick to what the Bible says and what you can prove out the word of God. A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19).

This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).

True saints realize that God's law must be obeyed to receive eternal life.

Why does the bible seem to teach that the law has been done away with, if we must still keep the commandments? When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws. These laws were a school master pointing us to the fact that Jesus would be sacrificed for our sins. Since Jesus died we are no longer under a school master, (required to offer up bulls and goats for our sins).

Now we must believe (have faith) Jesus died for us (Hebrews 10:4,9-10) 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 9 then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

This doesn't mean we don't have to obey God's moral laws of conduct. That would be like a man getting paroled from prison and then ignoring the same laws that sent him to prison in the first place. Jesus only died once, so if we willingly break God's law, after accepting Jesus, our reward will be eternal damnation (Hebrews 10:26-27) 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Let us avoid this at all costs, seeking a better reward. Jesus will return real soon And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (Revelation 22:12).

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
You are now switching from dietary laws to moral laws. The dietary laws are NULL AND VOID. Which means that you are actually opposing God and Christ by trying to reinstate them. That is called rebellion.

Oh ok, so you saying you can still sleep with a women on her minstrel. Let's go into Leviticus 15: 19 And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. 20 And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean.
24 And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean. 25 And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean.

This still exist to this days, learn what is on the table and what is not.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
I have never eaten camel and never will eat camel.
Leviticus 11: 44 For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 45 For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy. 46 This is the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth: 47 to make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
Just stick to what the Bible says and what you can prove out the word of God. A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19).
Now read the surrounding context of the text (Matthew 19:16-19)

Matthew 19:17-26
There is only One who is good; but if you want to enter life, keep the commandments. Then he *said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not commit murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not give false testimony; Honor your father and mother; and You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” The young man *said to Him, “All these I have kept; what am I still lacking?” Jesus said to him, “If you want to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieving; for he was one who owned much property. And Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I say to you, it will be hard for a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven. And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, “Then who can be saved?” And looking at them, Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

So the ten commandments on their own have no bearing on a person's salvation.

The rich young ruler kept the ten words but went away grieving!

May I suggest a different set of commandments?

1 John 3:23-24
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Are you following the true commandments or an interpretation of the scripture?[/QUOTE]

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
Leviticus 11: 44 For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 45 For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy. 46 This is the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth: 47 to make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten.
As I said, I have never eaten camel. Nor any creature that has been strangled (Acts 15). Me holy man.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Oh ok, so you saying you can still sleep with a women on her minstrel.
No that is definitely not what I am saying. Your thread is about clean and unclean foods, nothing else. And since God and Christ have declared all meats to be clean under the New Covenant, you are in fact OPPOSING them with this nonsense. If you wish to follow the dietary restrictions of the Israelites you are free to do so. But that does not make you any more holy or spiritual. In fact it makes yo a rebel. As a matter of fact the Bible says that "forbidding meats" to others is a DOCTRINE OF DEMONS.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
No that is definitely not what I am saying. Your thread is about clean and unclean foods, nothing else. And since God and Christ have declared all meats to be clean under the New Covenant, you are in fact OPPOSING them with this nonsense. If you wish to follow the dietary restrictions of the Israelites you are free to do so. But that does not make you any more holy or spiritual. In fact it makes yo a rebel. As a matter of fact the Bible says that "forbidding meats" to others is a DOCTRINE OF DEMONS.

That's you speaking and not the word of God, cause Paul says in Romans 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. You quoted no scripture or verses.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
Now read the surrounding context of the text (Matthew 19:16-19)

Matthew 19:17-26
There is only One who is good; but if you want to enter life, keep the commandments. Then he *said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not commit murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not give false testimony; Honor your father and mother; and You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” The young man *said to Him, “All these I have kept; what am I still lacking?” Jesus said to him, “If you want to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieving; for he was one who owned much property. And Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I say to you, it will be hard for a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven. And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, “Then who can be saved?” And looking at them, Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

So the ten commandments on their own have no bearing on a person's salvation.

The rich young ruler kept the ten words but went away grieving!

May I suggest a different set of commandments?

1 John 3:23-24
This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us. The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Are you following the true commandments or an interpretation of the scripture?
[/QUOTE]

Let's look at the whole situation again with understanding. Let's go back into Matthew 19: 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? Notice the young man says "All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?" The young man didn’t need to ask this question to Jesus, because he was already in a good place with the Lord. This is where the story gets interesting, because if you read the full story which we have to do, to get full understanding. We will see that the commandments Jesus mention wasn't the young man problem, it was something else.

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

So Jesus says if thou be perfect, that means the young was really close to being perfect, but the young had great riches that he couldn't let go, and that goes with what Jesus says in Matthew (22:37) Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. (38) This is the first and great commandment. This was very hard for the young man to do. So let's recap the story a little, the young man kept the commandments from his youth up, all most perfect, except one thing Jesus ask him to do, and that's sell all his possession and come follow him.

So let's continue in Matthew 19: 23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
Let's go into I Timothy chapter four and start at verse one. Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; (I Timothy 4:1-2)

In the last days the so-called people of God have departed from the true belief, and cannot be reasoned with. Yes, they truly have taken heed to doctrine of devils clinging to a dogma that cannot be defended. Worshipping a god that hangs on a Roman death symbol. When the true and living God, is sitting on the right hand of Power in the Third heaven, being very much alive. Now take note of the next verse.

Forbidding to marry and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. (I Timothy 4: 3)

First of all, note the first three words in the verse, "Forbidding to marry." Forbidding to marry has no part in the doctrine of the true and Living God. The first commandment given to Adam and Eve was be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth. This same commandment was give to Noah, his sons, and their wives. In addition, I Timothy chapter 3 in verse 2 states, "a bishop should be a husband of one wife." Forbidding to marry is truly a doctrine of devils. So, where did this nonsense come from? Take note!

Celibacy is particularly associated with Roman Catholic priests, who are forbidden by canon law to marry. This requirement is distinct from the vow of chastity taken by monks and nuns, who choose a life of consecrated chastity and ratify their choice, by vow. After the Second Vatican Council (1960-65), the issue of celibacy was again debated vigorously with the hope of making it optional for the clergy. Popes Paul VI and John Paul II, however, reconfirmed the traditional teaching that celibacy should remain mandatory for the clergy of the Latin Church. Reasons generally given for priestly celibacy are promotion of single-minded dedication to the ministry and the need for freedom for prayer. 1Copyright (c) 1999 Grolier Interactive Inc.

As we can see, in-order to be a minister in the above organizations, it is mandatory that you remain celibate. It is not decided by the individuals own free will. This organization also abstains from meats that were created to be received during a period they call lent.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
Let's look at the whole situation again with understanding.

So let's continue in Matthew 19: 23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
You did not explain the versus 25 and 26.

The ten commandments as far as salvation is concerned, counted for nothing, ultimately.

Throwing away your possessions and following Jesus is not even in the law?

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Who gave Moses "The Dietary Law"? We will do a strange work which is seldom done today. We will allow the scripture to be our guide to answer that question, along with a few others that need to be addressed. After finding out who gave this law to Moses, we should have no problem following it, if we call ourselves Christians. Remember brothers and sisters Jesus, states in Matthew 5 and verse 18, "For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." We still have the heavens and the earth, correct? Those things indicate that the Lord's law still remains in tact. Those that read the Bible know that all has not been fulfilled, so His laws and statutes must be kept. In addition, we must also look at verses that some individuals think the subject in that particular verse or chapter is dealing with the "Dietary Law" when in fact has nothing to do with it. Those individuals try to uses Paul's writings to come to that conclusion. (As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. II Peter 3:16) The unquestionable fact is that the law of sacrifice was nailed to the cross, which was our schoolmaster to bring us onto Christ. Now, let’s see who gave the "Dietary Law" to Moses and the rest of the Children of Israel.

And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them, “Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, these are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.” (Leviticus 11:1-2)

So, who spoke unto Moses and Aaron? The LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying, "These are the beasts which ye shall eat." Was this the Father? Well, let's allow the book show us. Take a Look at this verse in St. John chapter one. No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. (John 1:18)

Note the verse says, "No man hath seen God at any time." Therefore, that covers all time correct. If no man has seen God at anytime who is this?

And he said unto Moses, “Come up unto the LORD, thou, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel; and worship ye afar off.” (Exodus 24:1)

We see in the above verse, Moses, Aaron, Nadab, Abihu and seventy of the elders were told to come up unto the Lord and worship. Let's skip to the 9th verse and see what happen when these 74 Israelites arrive on top of the mount.

Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink. (Exodus 24:9-11)

Clearly the verse states, "They saw the God of Israel." The verse doesn't say it was a vision. But, St. John chapter one states, "No man has seen God at anytime.” Before we return to the Book of John and find out which God no man has seen at anytime, note what the next verse states.

And the LORD said unto Moses, “Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.” (Exodus 24:12)

So who wrote the Law that Moses was instructed to teach? The LORD! Now, let's find out which God is it that has not been seen. Take note!

And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. (John 5:37)

So who wrote the Law that Moses was instructed to teach? The LORD! Now, let us find out which God is it that has not been seen. Take note!

And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. (John 5:37)
So, who is the God that hasn't been seen? The Father himself, ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. Now, let's see who this God is that the seventy four elders saw in mount Horeb. Let us go to I Corinthians the tenth chapter and start at verse one.

Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. (I Corinthians 10:1-4)

So, who was the God in the Mountain that gave Moses the Law? That God was CHRIST! Let's return to the fifth chapter of John and see who's name Christ came in. I am come in my Father's name and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. (John 5:43)

So, you see brothers and sister “Jesus” in the Fathers name. I would be real careful when it comes to the name of Jesus. Now we see that Jesus Christ is the God that gave the commandments to Moses. We should have no problem doing what He says if we call ourselves followers of Christ.
We still must obey all of God's laws and statues of conduct, from the ten commandments to the least commandment. We cannot choose to obey one without obeying the others. For instance, if it's still good to pay tithes (as many preach), then it is still good to obey God's dietary law (not eating pork, catfish, etc...Leviticus 11:1-47). Similarly, you cannot purposely trip a blind person (Leviticus 19:14) and claim to love your neighbor as yourself. Neither can you break God's Sabbath days (Leviticus 19:30) and claim to love God with all your heart, soul and mind.
The same God who gave the law to Moses sent Jesus to introduce the principle of grace. The same God told Peter to eat what was "unclean", much to Peter's disgust. Jesus said not to worry about what you eat. It's words that defile, not food. Paul told us not to let anyone judge us in the matter of food and drink (Colossians 2:16). So I won't accept your judgement on me.

You are ignorant of the purpose of the Law. It's a shadow of what was to come through Christ. Feel free to live in the shadow. I'll live in the light.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
The same God who gave the law to Moses sent Jesus to introduce the principle of grace. The same God told Peter to eat what was "unclean", much to Peter's disgust. Jesus said not to worry about what you eat. It's words that defile, not food. Paul told us not to let anyone judge us in the matter of food and drink (Colossians 2:16). So I won't accept your judgement on me.

You are ignorant of the purpose of the Law. It's a shadow of what was to come through Christ. Feel free to live in the shadow. I'll live in the light.

very well said.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Most Christians I know do not believe they are subject to Mosaic law as per the New covenant of the New testament
I remember reading a book about the Jewish laws and they had like 600 of them so it's probably going to be next to impossible to follow them all

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Just stick to what the Bible says and what you can prove out the word of God.
I do...

Galatians 3:10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
You keep quoting this verse... Jesus was talking to a Jew that was still under the Old Law.
The new covenant had not yet come, so Jesus' advice to this man was spot on, for a person under the Old Law.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
You keep quoting this verse... Jesus was talking to a Jew that was still under the Old Law.
The new covenant had not yet come, so Jesus' advice to this man was spot on, for a person under the Old Law.

When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments. Paul says in (Rom. 7:7,12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET.

Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law. (v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Why in the world would a Christian want to do away with something that God said is holy.

Paul says in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin.

Which mean we can do as we please when we please! People we must realize everybody has laws by which we must operate by, the governments have laws, your job have laws, your card games have laws, even the boy scouts have laws. But now you are going to try and convince yourselves that the creator of the world has no laws by which we must live.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
I do...

Galatians 3:10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”
Let's read more of Paul in (Gal. 3:1, 13, 16-17, 19, 24) (v.1) O FOOLISH Ga-la’-tians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? (v.13) Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, CURSED IS EVERYONE THAT HANGETH ON A TREE: What law is this talking about? Let the bible speak for itself.

(v.16) Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, and to seeds, as of many; but as of One, AND TO THY SEED, which is Christ. (v.17) And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Now pay attention, the law that is being spoken of here came four hundred and thirty years after this covenant. But God’s holy commandments have been around forever even before man was created. Remember that Satan was kicked out of heaven because iniquity (sin) was found in him. And what is sin? The transgression of the law (commandments). Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts. (1John 3:4)

(v.19) Wherefore then serveth the law? A question is being asked here. Then why should we serve this law? It was added because of transgression, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; the law that we are talking about here was added because of sin. But we now know that sin is the transgression of the law.

How do you add a law if sin is the transgression of the law? Because there are two sets of laws, you have God’s holy commandments which abided forever, and you had the animal sacrificial law which was added because of sin, but it was only good until the seed should come to whom the promise was made, and that seed was Jesus.

(v.24) Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. This animal sacrificial law was only a schoolmaster.

And this schoolmaster taught you that when you sinned in ignorance blood had to be shed (an animal sacrificed). But Christ being the ultimate sacrifice shed his precious blood once and for all, and by doing this putting an end to the animal sacrificial law.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
You did not explain the versus 25 and 26.

The ten commandments as far as salvation is concerned, counted for nothing, ultimately.

Throwing away your possessions and following Jesus is not even in the law?
I'm not sure how you miss that or do not understand. Please go back and reread it again.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Let's read more of Paul in (Gal. 3:1, 13, 16-17, 19, 24) (v.1) O FOOLISH Ga-la’-tians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? (v.13) Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, CURSED IS EVERYONE THAT HANGETH ON A TREE: What law is this talking about? Let the bible speak for itself.

(v.16) Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, and to seeds, as of many; but as of One, AND TO THY SEED, which is Christ. (v.17) And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Now pay attention, the law that is being spoken of here came four hundred and thirty years after this covenant. But God’s holy commandments have been around forever even before man was created. Remember that Satan was kicked out of heaven because iniquity (sin) was found in him. And what is sin? The transgression of the law (commandments). Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts. (1John 3:4)

(v.19) Wherefore then serveth the law? A question is being asked here. Then why should we serve this law? It was added because of transgression, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; the law that we are talking about here was added because of sin. But we now know that sin is the transgression of the law.

How do you add a law if sin is the transgression of the law? Because there are two sets of laws, you have God’s holy commandments which abided forever, and you had the animal sacrificial law which was added because of sin, but it was only good until the seed should come to whom the promise was made, and that seed was Jesus.

(v.24) Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. This animal sacrificial law was only a schoolmaster.

And this schoolmaster taught you that when you sinned in ignorance blood had to be shed (an animal sacrificed). But Christ being the ultimate sacrifice shed his precious blood once and for all, and by doing this putting an end to the animal sacrificial law.
Wrong. Paul means the whole law.