Serious question.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009

ok. tell me something that I need to know about God which is not found in scripture.

back your words up VW. Your the one who said there are things we need to know that are not in scripture. So prove it. tell me one thing!

I said if I did not have the book (the Bible) I could not know God. You said it is not a book. That was your answer! So prove it. prove I can know somethign about God not found in scripture.

you keep going in circles. why? are you afraid to answer?
Since you are blind, I cannot tell you anything.

Know about is not knowing. You may know about God, but that does not mean that you know Him. Nor Him you.

E

eternally-gratefull

Since you are blind, I cannot tell you anything.

Know about is not knowing. You may know about God, but that does not mean that you know Him. Nor Him you.
lol. dude you just exposed yourself. You have not answered one thing and you have been asked how many times?

A word to the wise. when you make a claim be able to back it up. refusal to back up a claim you make makes your claim a lie. and you a hypocrite!

Like I told scott in another thread. No one will respect you if you make claims, then when questioned about those claims you run like a baby and refuse to give proof which support your claims!

Jun 24, 2010
We can know the love of God, and while we are told about His love, we cannot know His love unless we draw near to Him.

We can know the light of God, and while we are told about His light, in scripture, we cannot have His light unless we come to Him.

We can know His life, the resurrection life of Jesus Christ, as our own. And while we can know about His life, we cannot have His life without the Holy Spirit.

Never mind about the new thread, I can see that you ask questions not to know, but to show how you know more than others, and how they are wrong, if they do not agree with you.
I can sit right here in my home and close my eyes and begin to think about the love of God through (Jn 3:16). That God SO LOVED THE WORLD... then the Holy Spirit takes that word and begins to minister something fresh to my spirit about that love that SO LOVED THE WORLD... and He so loved the world that HE GAVE. God so loved that He gave... and what did He give... HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON who bore the sins of the whole world upon His precious body.

Then the Holy Spirit begins to shed that love in my heart and builds me up as a sinner saved by grace, Now I have this same love and when I see my brother in Christ, I edify him with that love. He may not be doing well by that love has been given to me unconditionally to give to others. Then I see someone who is lost in sin and that love begins to spill over with grace and mercy and I have compassion for that lost soul and I tell them about how God loves them and paid for their sin through His only begotten Son.

God SO LOVES this lost soul that is lost in the world of sin that He GAVE His Son and WHOSOEVER BELIEVES in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. The Love of God has been given to the world that those who are lost should not perish but have life. The church has been given that unconditional love to take into ALL THE WORLD to every creature. You see the Holy Spirit took the word and revealed the love of God through Christ in my spirit and in my heart and motivated me to give it to my brother and to those that are lost.

This is the simplicity that is in Christ and in His glorious gospel of grace that we are never to be corrupted or removed from (2Cor 11:3, Gal 1:6). God's love will always find a way to reach and to draw near to those that need to be edified in the church and save those in the world through grace.

N

NoahsMom

God's love will always find a way to reach and to draw near to those that need to be edified in the church and save those in the world through grace.This is a VERY important statement.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
God's love will always find a way to reach and to draw near to those that need to be edified in the church and save those in the world through grace.This is a VERY important statement.
Yes, God's love does this.

What is false is the belief that this is tied to the bible.

I am not saying that His love does not reach us when we read scripture, it does; but there are many other times as well, even more.