Serpent in the New Heaven and Earth.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 3, 2019
It's interesting to note that Isaiah says the serpent is still eating dust.

(Isa 65:17 For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be remembered or come to mind.)

(Isa 65:25 “The wolf and the lamb will graze together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox; and dust will be the serpent’s food. They will do no evil or harm in all My holy mountain,” says the LORD.)

(Gen 3:14 The LORD God said to the serpent. . . On your belly you will go, And dust you will eat all the days of your life)

U

UnderGrace

It's interesting to note that Isaiah says the serpent is still eating dust.

(Isa 65:17 For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be remembered or come to mind.)

(Isa 65:25 “The wolf and the lamb will graze together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox; and dust will be the serpent’s food. They will do no evil or harm in all My holy mountain,” says the LORD.)

(Gen 3:14 The LORD God said to the serpent. . . On your belly you will go, And dust you will eat all the days of your life)

Interesting indeed, the serpent feeds on death not life.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
also interesting to note that man is made of dust.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul
(Genesis 2:7)
for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return
(Genesis 3:19)
Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket,
and are counted as the small dust of the balance
(Isaiah 40:15)
All go unto one place; all are of the dust,
and all turn to dust again.
(Ecclesiastes 3:20)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Interesting indeed, the serpent feeds on death not life.
verily, verily, I say unto you,
except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His blood,
ye have no life in you!
(John 6:53)
am thinking this is not dust - the opposite of eating dust

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
verily, verily, I say unto you,
except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His blood,
ye have no life in you!
(John 6:53)
am thinking this is not dust - the opposite of eating dust
does this mean communion is needed for salvation? or is it symbolic of something.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
does this mean communion is needed for salvation? or is it symbolic of something.
no biggie just a simple question about transubstantiation :LOL:

IMO a person doesn't necessarily have to eat a little wafer and have a sip of wine to be saved. but clearly we do have to eat Jesus Christ's body and drink His blood, and we should avoid eating dust.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
no biggie just a simple question about transubstantiation :LOL:

IMO a person doesn't necessarily have to eat a little wafer and have a sip of wine to be saved. but clearly we do have to eat Jesus Christ's body and drink His blood, and we should avoid eating dust.
so you are saying its symbolic? how do we do it symbolically?

i dont believe in transubstantion its catholic belief

Apr 3, 2019
I what struck me earlier when reading chapter 65 is that Isaiah says the serpent is still alive and "kicking" in the new heavens and new earth.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
I what struck me earlier when reading chapter 65 is that Isaiah says the serpent is still alive and "kicking" in the new heavens and new earth.
i dont think it means the devil just the animal. the devil is destroyed and in the lake of fire

U

UnderGrace

Interesting..:unsure:

Apr 3, 2019
i dont think it means the devil just the animal. the devil is destroyed and in the lake of fire
But Isaiah made the connection with the serpent in Genesis using the "eat dust" figure.

Snakes don't eat dust, they eat a range of food insects, birds, fish, small mammals etc.

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
But Isaiah made the connection with the serpent in Genesis using the "eat dust" figure.

Snakes don't eat dust, they eat a range of food insects, birds, small mammals etc.
how i look at it is the snake is crawling on the ground, therefore eating dust.

Apr 3, 2019
how i look at it is the snake is crawling on the ground, therefore eating dust.
If there was no connection to the serpent and Genesis why would the prophet be inspired to bring the serpent up?

U

UnderGrace

Snakes don't eat dust, they eat a range of food insects, birds, fish, small mammals etc.
Well now I wondering about this, I am not a fan of snakes and know nothing about their diet, it does seem that they do eat dirt inadvertently though.

This would only appear as a contradiction to somebody that is unwilling to actually examine the claims made in the Word of God. Do snakes actually consume dust?
Yes! It's common knowledge that snakes dart their forked tongue out rapidly, and repeatedly. What are they doing when this is taking place?

Snakes have an organ on the inside of their mouth called the "Jacobson's Organ", which helps the snake to smell things, in additional to the functionality already provided by its nose. The entire process is done through sampling bits of dust and dirt on the snakes tongue.
Aside from this, snakes also attack, and consume, prey from the ground. In doing so, they would be consuming dust, too. You try eating a steak off the ground without getting some dust in your mouth.
Snakes literally do lick, and eat, dust.

https://www.thywordistrue.com/contradictions/12-do-snakes-eat-dirt

Perhaps we do not fully grasp what the new heaven and new earth are?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

The devil should just say he's sorry and God will forget the whole thing.

Feb 28, 2016
the serpent is man's greatest FEAR!!!
beware, lest it bite you!!!