Seventh-day Adventists

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

bibleonly

Dec 24, 2018
Is there anybody who would like to ask a question about SDAs or who would just like to ask any Bible question. I am a SDA and so I will try to give everybody a Bible based answer

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My wife is a life-long SDA and even though I was raised a Catholic I have attended many Sabbath day services with her. Each day as part of our daily devotion, besides our bible reading, study and prayer, we read the daily study guide the church publishes with a new topic every 3 months or so. I always compare what is written with scripture to discern whether it is scripturally sound and accurate. For the most part it is but at times it goes off in a tangent. All in all I find the SDA church to be biblically sound, especially regarding salvation and the Sabbath. The church made me feel genuinely welcome. They are a fine group of Christian brothers and sisters and have accepted me the way that I am.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Do all SDA's teach that the near the end of time the "mark of the best" of Revelation 14 will be placed upon those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday? I've heard more than a few SDA's promote that teaching. - http://www.nonsda.org/study8.shtml

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Do all SDA's teach that the near the end of time the "mark of the best" of Revelation 14 will be placed upon those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday? I've heard more than a few SDA's promote that teaching. - http://www.nonsda.org/study8.shtml
Yes, that is their take on the mark of the beast. Personally, I doubt that is going to play out that way as probably most people don't even go to church at all, even on the traditional day of Sunday worship. It would be best if the SDA would stop promoting that particular opinion on that aspect of end-time events and focus more on salvation and repentance. Their take on end-time events, along with other churches or groups is merely speculative and perhaps not spiritually edifying in trying to humbly love and serve the Lord on a day by day basis.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
You need to walk away from the SDA like pronto Tonto.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Is there anybody who would like to ask a question about SDAs or who would just like to ask any Bible question. I am a SDA and so I will try to give everybody a Bible based answer
What is your understanding about the Investigative Judgment, and how is it supported by Scripture?

As far as Christians are concerned, it is false doctrine, since it essentially denies the finished work of Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection, as well as salvation by grace through faith apart from works.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
A Christian is someone that believes 2 things - we are saved (made righteous) by faith in Jesus' grace. And that the Bible is the source of truth.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
I'm fairly sure that SDA believe these points and i'll even say more than other denominations.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
SDA's, JW's, Mormon's, RCC, Masons, Islam, ect., are not Christians but cults!
Why do you say this? Do you have a reason/ reasons to justify your comment or is it just hatred?
i don't like many things that some denominations practice but if God can love them, i should be able to as well.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
What is your understanding about the Investigative Judgment, and how is it supported by Scripture?

As far as Christians are concerned, it is false doctrine, since it essentially denies the finished work of Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection, as well as salvation by grace through faith apart from works.
When John the Baptist saw Jesus for the first time...."Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." John 1:29.
What did the prophet mean by those cryptic words? Why did he call Jesus a lamb, and how could He take away the sins of the world? To get the answers to those questions, we must leave the banks of the Jordan River and travel back hundreds of years in time to the banks of the Red Sea. If you study why the requirements for this temporary structure were so exacting, and why God command Moses to make it precisely after this pattern is important. The answer becomes self-evident as you understand the daily symbolic worship rites which were divinely ordained for every Israelite to carry out in that tabernacle.
Lambs were killed and sin offerings were given.
Heb 9:21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.
Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
The priest then placed some of the blood on the horns of the altar in the outer court and ate a small piece of the meat, thus taking upon himself the sins of the individual worshippers. Afterward, the priest killed a sin offering for himself, and carried the blood into the holy place where it was sprinkled before the veil. Thus all sin, either directly or indirectly, eventually found its way into the sanctuary where it was recorded through the sprinkled blood.. Day by day, for an entire year, the sins accumulated in the sanctuary by the daily ministry of the priests in the holy place.

Then came the annual Day of Atonement when a final disposition was made of their record of sin in the sanctuary. It always fell on the tenth day of the seventh month and was called the "cleansing of the sanctuary." To this day, that solemn observance (Yom Kippur) is regarded by every Jew as a day of judgment. Symbolically a blotting out of the blood-recorded sins took place as the high priest, alone, entered the holy of holies to sprinkle the blood of a goat.
The high priest alone passed through the veil to sprinkle blood on the mercy seat and to cleanse all the record of sin from the sanctuary. When he emerged from the holy of holies, the final atonement had been completed and a symbolic judgment had been made concerning sin and its penalty.

Time does not permit us to examine the wealth of symbolisms in the desert tabernacle which illuminates almost every aspect of the great plan of salvation. Christ, the sacrificial Lamb, was foreshadowed in the bread, the incense, the lamps, the mercy seat. But most of all, He was represented by the high priest who carried the blood into the Shekinah presence of God. When you look at the book of Hebrews, all the earthly types had to be fulfilled by the ministry of Jesus in the heavenly sanctuary. How and when Jesus entered that priestly work is the thrilling subject of Daniel's most impressive vision (Daniel 8 and 9).

The book of Hebrews assures us that all which was foreshadowed in the earthly sanctuary must be carried out in the heavenly sanctuary by the heavenly High Priest. "We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; a minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched and not man." Hebrews 8:1, 2.

Here is an important question: Did the prescribed services in the earthly sanctuary relate to the work Jesus would perform in the true temple in the heavens? Hebrews describes the Levite priests as those "who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God, when he was about to make the tabernacle: for see, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount." Hebrews 8:5.

Here the inspired writer explains why God required Moses to carefully copy the pattern revealed in the mountain. The earthly was to serve as an "example and shadow" of the ministry of Christ before the Father. By observing the work of the priest in the two apartments here on earth, men would understand the special intercessory work of Christ after He ascended back to heaven. In Hebrews 9:1-10 we read in much detail how the daily service and the once-a-year cleansing service was conducted in the earthly sanctuary, which was an example and shadow of the heavenly. Here, after describing the solemn entry of the high priest into the most holy place on the Day of Atonement, Paul wrote: "The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing." Hebrews 9:8.

Clearly, this verse is saying that Christ's ministry in the true heavenly sanctuary would only begin after the earthly had fulfilled its typical role as an example and pattern. When He ascended, Jesus entered the first apartment of the heavenly sanctuary as evidenced by John's description of Him walking among the candlesticks (Revelation 1:13). This fulfills the example of the holy place ministry on earth. When He entered into the heavenly holy place, He did not carry the blood of lambs or goats, "but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us." Hebrews 9:12.

But just as surely as He fulfilled the type of the daily ministry in the holy place, Christ also must fulfill the example of the most holy place mediation. Paul wrote: "Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others; For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation." Hebrews 9:25-28.
Do not overlook the connection of that word "judgment" with what Jesus does in the most holy place. He did not need to go in every year but only once "in the end of the world." His work of cleansing the heavenly sanctuary of the record of sin was absolutely necessary to fulfill the example and shadow of the earthly-type Day of Atonement. The biblical statement to this effect is unequivocal and undeniable. "And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us." Hebrews 9:22-24.

By understanding the day of atonement, you can understand what Jesus is doing in the most Holy place today.

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

i could have given many more texts and points but i tried to keep it short,,, sorry i failed.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
Hello, I have found all SDA's to be very open , friendly , knowledgable & devout individuals, and I hate it that others can be so condescending toward you all as members of the body of Christ.

Apr 15, 2017
The mark of the beast has nothing to do with whether you worship on Saturday or Sunday, for if you have the Spirit you can worship any day you want, and how can it be worship on only Saturday when God is God every day and deserves worship.

The mark of the beast has to do with the beast's agenda that there is no personal God to help mankind, but mankind can solve their own problems, and have peace, by their own efforts.

For the beast regards no god, but honors the God of forces, or the power of nature as his higher power, and is in to the occult, and evolution.

So the people that follow him believe in no god, does not believe Jesus is Lord and Savior, and believe the beast will cause them to evolve to be greater, and spiritual, so when they take the mark of the beast then repentance, and salvation, are no longer available to them, so they are lost.

That is why the beast's number is 666, because the occult believes in the power of numbers, and the adding, multiplying, and grouping of numbers, which they believe 6 is the number of a man, so the beast assigned himself the number 666, a triple 6, because he believes it will give him more power through nature, and more chance of him establishing his kingdom.

Isa 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
Isa 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
Isa 28:12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

When a person receives the Spirit then they have a spiritual rest, but some would not hear, but want to hold unto the physical sabbath.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Col 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Jesus took the physical ordinances of Israel out of the way including the physical sabbath day, for they were contrary to us, which means they had no bearing on spiritual salvation, but the body is of Christ by the Spirit, which is a spiritual rest.

Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Rom 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

So since it is a spiritual rest by the Spirit we can come together, and worship everyday, which when the Church started the saints were coming together everyday to praise God, not only on Saturday.

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Heb 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

When a person receives the Spirit the kingdom of God is within them, and they belong to the kingdom of God that is spiritual, and not of this physical earth.

God created all things in 6 days, and rested on the 7th day, and instituted the sabbath day as a day of physical rest for the nation of Israel.

But Jesus went away to prepare a place for the saints, which is their final destination to dwell forever, and they are strangers on earth, seeking a new home, and belong to that new earth, and heaven, so they celebrate that creation, which is spiritual, so it is a spiritual rest for them.

When we receive the Spirit we are obeying the sabbath, and it is a spiritual rest in the New Testament.

But God said some would not hear.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Regardless of which denomination, some like to obey the Lord because they Love Him. The Sabbath was made Holy before sin and before Israel was a nation, God gave it to mankind because He loved us.(All Mankind)
Why do you choose to not steal or not kill other people? Why do you choose to obey the command to not take the Lords name in vain. Can I choose to obey the Sabbath for the same reason?
Psa_119:97 MEM. O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.
Psa_119:113 SAMECH. I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.
Psa_119:163 I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.
Psa_119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Jas 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
Jas 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
Jas 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Jas 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Merry Christmas! Quite the task you took upon yourself.
What biblical proof do we have that supports that the SDAs are the remnant endtime church of GOD?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Who is ellen G white and what is the origin of the seventh day adventists? Where did it come from?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Why do you say this? Do you have a reason/ reasons to justify your comment or is it just hatred?
i don't like many things that some denominations practice but if God can love them, i should be able to as well.
Why accuse a person of hatred? Why shoot first and ask questions later? What if they have no hate for people but hate false religions that are leading people into the pits of hell..

One can Hate a religion but love the people in that religion.. And one of the ways to show love for the deceived is to declare to them that they are being deceived..

There is no love in sitting back and keeping quiet while you watch your fellow human beings heading for the eternal lake of fire..

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Why accuse a person of hatred? Why shoot first and ask questions later? What if they have no hate for people but hate false religions that are leading people into the pits of hell..

One can Hate a religion but love the people in that religion.. And one of the ways to show love for the deceived is to declare to them that they are being deceived..

There is no love in sitting back and keeping quiet while you watch your fellow human beings heading for the eternal lake of fire..
A little leaven leavens the whole. There is not one denomination that does not have a little leaven. Not one.

All are false to one degree or another. All promote a little leaven; lie.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
SDA's, JW's, Mormon's, RCC, Masons, Islam, ect., are not Christians but cults!
That don't leave much left for the assembling together as stated in the bible. I must not be a Christian because I am a Catholic that has attended Sabbath day SDA worship service with my wife. Thank you for pointing that out for me. I mind as well just light a candle and call it good. For the record, what church do you attend and do you believe that this church you attend is perfect in all of it's doctrine and practices? Some might say that the worship of the cross is idolatry. Perhaps there is a message in that.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
A little leaven leavens the whole. There is not one denomination that does not have a little leaven. Not one.

All are false to one degree or another. All promote a little leaven; lie.
Well then start going down the list of denominations and openly declare their ""leaven""

But don't say because all have faults then it is not right to reveal faults in the SDA, Mormon, JWs

Actually it can be argued that the religions mentioned are Not Denominations of Christianity..

Also there are central Core doctrines of Salvational importance and then there are a myriad of side doctrines which denominations can be wrong about but they do not have a detrimental effect on ones salvation..

For example.. The wearing of head covers for woman is not a doctrine that will cause someone to lose their salvation no matter what side of the debate their belief is.. But the physical resurrection of Jesus is a core doctrine of salvational importance where it does matter what side ones belief is..