Seventh-day Adventists

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
Well then start going down the list of denominations and openly declare their ""leaven""

But don't say because all have faults then it is not right to reveal faults in the SDA, Mormon, JWs

Actually it can be argued that the religions mentioned are Not Denominations of Christianity..

Also there are central Core doctrines of Salvational importance and then there are a myriad of side doctrines which denominations can be wrong about but they do not have a detrimental effect on ones salvation..

For example.. The wearing of head covers for woman is not a doctrine that will cause someone to lose their salvation no matter what side of the debate their belief is.. But the physical resurrection of Jesus is a core doctrine of salvational importance where it does matter what side ones belief is..
All have a little leaven; a lie that they promote. One lie maketh a liar; leavens the whole. Effects one's salvation in the promotion thereof.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Hello, I have found all SDA's to be very open , friendly , knowledgable & devout individuals, and I hate it that others can be so condescending toward you all as members of the body of Christ.
Seriously?

This is some fake unity right here. Stop it at once.

You do realize this open friendly and knowledgable group of individuals is teaching that if you continue the way you are, going to church on sunday that you will in the future receive the mark of the beast and be damned to helL? i.e you are not even saved according to them if you dont keep the sabbath.

Yeah. Nice brethren in the faith there.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
All have a little leaven; a lie that they promote. One lie maketh a liar; leavens the whole. Effects one's salvation in the promotion thereof.
Only if it denies a core doctrine of salvation..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Seriously?

This is some fake unity right here. Stop it at once.

You do realize this open friendly and knowledgable group of individuals is teaching that if you continue the way you are, going to church on sunday that you will in the future receive the mark of the beast and be damned to helL? i.e you are not even saved according to them if you dont keep the sabbath.

Yeah. Nice brethren in the faith there.
Yes the SDA is a works salvation religon that declares one must keep the correct sabbath to be saved..

Christian religon declares that we are saved by the Atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ.. Not by keeping the Sabbath..

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yes the SDA is a works salvation religon that declares one must keep the correct sabbath to be saved..

Christian religon declares that we are saved by the Atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ.. Not by keeping the Sabbath..
Based on the SDA members that I have interacted with I would say that the SDA believes that you are saved by confessing your sins, that Jesus paid the penalty for your sins, and that Holy Spirit guides you in the repentance process. They do believe in the Sabbath but it is not a salvation issue.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

people would rather trust in a religious systems than a risen Savior.

religion says look at me, I keep the Sabbath, I do this..... I don't do that.

Jesus says " come to me ".

big difference.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
One lie my friend. If one promotes one lie they are a liar and that affects one's salvation.
you mean a lie like one has to keep the Sabbath to be saved? you mean a lie like that?

Dec 28, 2016
Oh, the Watch Tower Society people are so open, friendly, welcoming too! So they pass the test of being true Christians as well. So, let's offer a prayer of unity, peace, acceptance, compromise our little doctrines, embrace and love one another. We should be edifying all of these and one another, not judging! Can't you feel the goosebumps? Oh! :rolleyes:

Wait, what is that in 2 Corinthians 11:12-15? Jude 1:4? Galatians 1:8-10?

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014

A previous member of Christian Chat (who is SDA) continuously pushed Sabbath keeping and started numerous threads about the Sabbath and he perverts the gospel by teaching salvation by "grace plus law, faith plus works" as demonstrated from one his statements below:

"There is another Gospel out there. What is the other Gospel? It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's Law (10 commandments) from the Cross. The counterfeit Gospel is out there. It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's 10 commandments from the plan of salvation. God’s Law has always been part of the true Gospel of Christ. The counterfeit Gospel does not have it. God's forever Law (the 10 commandments) is the foundation of both the Old and the New Covenant and the very foundation and basis of the true Gospel of Christ."

I deliver mail to an elderly man who is SDA and he is continuously talking about the Sabbath (and is continuously trying to hand me literature supporting SDA doctrine on the Sabbath) and he once told me that I need to tell my employer that I cannot work on Saturday because it's the Sabbath and implied that if I continue to do so, then my salvation will be in jeopardy. :rolleyes:

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
One lie my friend. If one promotes one lie they are a liar and that affects one's salvation.
So the sin of lieing is not covered by the Atoning blood of the LORD Jesus Christ ???

Now if a person believes that then they are not Christian...

And anyway.. If a person genuinly believes that a woman should wear a head covering then can it be said they are lieing ? To lie one must know they are telling an untruth..

I will ask you out of curiosity sake..

Who are condemned to the eternal lake of fire.

1) People who believe woman should wear head coverings?
or
2) People who believe woman do not need to wear head coverings?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Based on the SDA members that I have interacted with I would say that the SDA believes that you are saved by confessing your sins, that Jesus paid the penalty for your sins, and that Holy Spirit guides you in the repentance process. They do believe in the Sabbath but it is not a salvation issue.
We don't go on what individuel SDA people say.. We go one the official teachings of the SDA woman ""prophet"" who declared that the keeping the correct Sabbath day is essential to be saved..

So the SDA declares that you,, a catholic,, will not be saved because you keep the wrong sabbath day.. Ironic that you defend a religion that condemns you tourist..

Likewise we do not go on what individual catholics say.. The official teachings of the catholic religion include the place called purgatory where people suffer the process of having their sins purged.. This is clear denial of the Christian belief that all our sins are covered ( or if you like "purged" ) by the Atoning blood of our LORD Jesus Christ..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
people would rather trust in a religious systems than a risen Savior.

religion says look at me, I keep the Sabbath, I do this..... I don't do that.

Jesus says " come to me ".

big difference.
Yes the spirit of false religion is based on mans Works and thus is based on the pride of men who want to save themselves..

There are a lot of people under this deception..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
A previous member of Christian Chat (who is SDA) continuously pushed Sabbath keeping and started numerous threads about the Sabbath and he perverts the gospel by teaching salvation by "grace plus law, faith plus works" as demonstrated from one his statements below:

"There is another Gospel out there. What is the other Gospel? It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's Law (10 commandments) from the Cross. The counterfeit Gospel is out there. It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's 10 commandments from the plan of salvation. God’s Law has always been part of the true Gospel of Christ. The counterfeit Gospel does not have it. God's forever Law (the 10 commandments) is the foundation of both the Old and the New Covenant and the very foundation and basis of the true Gospel of Christ."

I deliver mail to an elderly man who is SDA and he is continuously talking about the Sabbath (and is continuously trying to hand me literature supporting SDA doctrine on the Sabbath) and he once told me that I need to tell my employer that I cannot work on Saturday because it's the Sabbath and implied that if I continue to do so, then my salvation will be in jeopardy. :rolleyes:
Yes exactly.. They believe you must do the Work of keeping the correct Sabbath day to be saved or else you will be damned to the eternal lake of fire.. They have a stumbling stone placed before them..

One either places their total dependancy on the Atonement gained by the Work of Jesus on the cross for their salvation or they don't have it..

It is 100% what Jesus did that saves us or we are not saved..

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Yes exactly.. They believe you must do the Work of keeping the correct Sabbath day to be saved or else you will be damned to the eternal lake of fire.. They have a stumbling stone placed before them..

One either places their total dependancy on the Atonement gained by the Work of Jesus on the cross for their salvation or they don't have it..

It is 100% what Jesus did that saves us or we are not saved..
that is the key- their is one way, one way only into the Kingdom- trust and faith in Jesus & accepting His Righteousness .

religions promise different ways, ways that appeal to the deadly sin of pride.

that is why many fall for them.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
They have lied to you then.

It definately is a salvation issue to them. here is how they do it if you ask them if sabbath keeping is a requirement to salvation:

"Oh no (smile) we are saved by grace through faith :) "
-"Oh ok, thats what I believe too"
-"But if you dont keep God's commandments, are you really, TRULY saved? And we know that the sabbath is one of God's commandments. And God's word is forever"

So it all comes down to keeping the sabbath, you wont make it into heaven if you dont keep the sabbath, you will lose your salvation if you keep doing it.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
We don't go on what individuel SDA people say.. We go one the official teachings of the SDA woman ""prophet"" who declared that the keeping the correct Sabbath day is essential to be saved..

So the SDA declares that you,, a catholic,, will not be saved because you keep the wrong sabbath day.. Ironic that you defend a religion that condemns you tourist..

Likewise we do not go on what individual catholics say.. The official teachings of the cathREolic religion include the place called purgatory where people suffer the process of having their sins purged.. This is clear denial of the Christian belief that all our sins are covered ( or if you like "purged" ) by the Atoning blood of our LORD Jesus Christ..
Based on a lifetime of experience in attending many denominations of Christian churches I have come to the conclusion that there is not a single one that is spiritually perfect in all doctrine and practices. I grew up in the Catholic faith. Yes, there are official teachings but in any given church a lot of the doctrine is simply ignored by the officiating priest and other more pertinent matters are addressed. Regarding the SDA and Ellen White even she told her own church not to go by what she has stated as far as beliefs but to follow scripture. Actually, I find the concept of purgatory comforting but don't believe that it is strictly spiritually sound. I believe that the purpose of purgatory, if such a state even exists is for the person to come to terms of who they are and what they are about in relation to their personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It is not about suffering at all. I don't believe that we will enter eternity with all of our memories simply blotted out but will reason together with God in the reconciliation process.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
They have lied to you then.

It definately is a salvation issue to them. here is how they do it if you ask them if sabbath keeping is a requirement to salvation:

"Oh no (smile) we are saved by grace through faith :) "
-"Oh ok, thats what I believe too"
-"But if you dont keep God's commandments, are you really, TRULY saved? And we know that the sabbath is one of God's commandments. And God's word is forever"

So it all comes down to keeping the sabbath, you wont make it into heaven if you dont keep the sabbath, you will lose your salvation if you keep doing it.
SDA's seem to play the same game in salvation as many other false movements of Christendom. They profess to teach that salvation is by grace through faith, but then redefine this in a way that is contrary to the gospel and even though they may try to deny this, they teach that salvation is by "grace plus law, faith plus works." :(

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Regarding the SDA and Ellen White even she told her own church not to go by what she has stated as far as beliefs but to follow scripture.
Brother Anderson was a member of the SDA Church for 33 years. He was taught that the SDA Church was the "remnant church" and was the one church entrusted with the "truth" for the last days. To his utter astonishment and amazement, when he began studying the Bible instead of Ellen White's books, he made the shocking discovery that SDA truth is different from Biblical truth. He found that some SDA teachings are not based upon Scripture at all but upon tradition, conjecture of the early pioneers, and statements made by the prophetess Ellen White. - http://www.nonsda.org

Seventh-day Adventists teach the following about the Ellen White - http://www.nonsda.org/study10.shtml