Seventh-day Adventists

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
No it means saved people keep the commandments of GOD and have the testimony; faith of Jesus.
They don't keep the Commandments to be saved, they keep them because they are saved.
Which is exactly what I said....

IF YOU ARE SAVED YOU KEEP THE SABBATH. THATS WHAT IT IS

SABBATH IS A COMMENDMENT OF GOD TO BE KEPT TODAY WHICH THE TRULY SAVED WOULD KEEP.

This is an SDA doctrine. I dont care what ANYONE says. I know the truth and I will stick by it. You can stick your fingers to your ears and say "NANAANAANA im not hearing it no they dont teach thaT".

But yes they do.

And you are saying the same thing, AGAIN you said it, but it escapes you SOMEHOW, some stronghold is at play here....
"They keep them because they are saved". OKAY. No argument. But is SABBATH a commandment to be kept, YES OR NO? Yes it is. So if you dont keep it, THAT IS EVIDENCE you are NOT truly saved according to SDA doctrine. Now that is a fact, accept it or not.

I got nothing else to say.... Have you studied SDA doctrine for even an hour? This is such basic stuff. Unbelievable. How much more plain can I say it? English isnt my native-language but good grief, whats understood should not have to be explained...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Which means you got to keep the sabbath to be saved. LOL

Didnt you read what you typed? "They teach that people who are saved keep the Commandments of GOD...." and according to the SDAs the Sabbath is a binding commandment on Christians today. Therefore if you dont keep it, YOU ARE NOT SAVED. If you dont see this, Oh well I tried.

Its simple. Its true. Dont be deceived by their swelling words of emptiness.
That's not what the member is saying at all but rather those that are saved keep the commandments of God or at least make a sincere attempt to do so. The 4th commandment is the only commandment that said to "Remember". Words in the bible have meaning and this commandment, along with the other nine are still valid and apply today. The SDA is correct in stating this.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
That's not what the member is saying at all but rather those that are saved keep the commandments of God or at least make a sincere attempt to do so. The 4th commandment is the only commandment that said to "Remember". Words in the bible have meaning and this commandment, along with the other nine are still valid and apply today. The SDA is correct in stating this.
Ah so I've only wasted my time here.

You guys are out here on a "mission" and therefore spread the SDA propaganda and double-talk.

Well atleast I didnt waste TOO much time. Maybe its of help to some who are reading the thread but not responding. If thats YOU (yes you reading this now) DONT BE DECEIVED by these fake preachers and teachers disguising themselves as servants of righteousness. Got to look out for these "fake nice" people like the JWs, mormons, SDAs, etc. Use your street smarts. Be not deceived.

Aand im out. Carry on the "conversation"

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

SABBATH IS A COMMENDMENT OF GOD TO BE KEPT TODAY WHICH THE TRULY SAVED WOULD KEEP.

This is an SDA doctrine. I dont care what ANYONE says. I know the truth and I will stick by it. You can stick your fingers to your ears and say "NANAANAANA im not hearing it no they dont teach thaT".

But yes they do.

And you are saying the same thing, AGAIN you said it, but it escapes you SOMEHOW, some stronghold is at play here....
"They keep them because they are saved". OKAY. No argument. But is SABBATH a commandment to be kept, YES OR NO? Yes it is. So if you dont keep it, THAT IS EVIDENCE you are NOT truly saved according to SDA doctrine. Now that is a fact, accept it or not.

I got nothing else to say.... Have you studied SDA doctrine for even an hour? This is such basic stuff. Unbelievable. How much more plain can I say it? English isnt my native-language but good grief, whats understood should not have to be explained...
Not keeping the 4th commandment at all times and in all respects does not mean that a person was not saved to begin with. That is the same as saying that all that are saved never sin anymore. Surely you must know that even born-again Christians still stumble. That certainly does not mean that they were never truly saved to begin with. If you don't care what anyone says then why should anyone care what you say? God gives discernment to those that ask and when you brush everyone off without even considering what is said or implied than you may lose the opportunity to learn a spiritual truth that may prove to be beneficial in your spiritual walk.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA

Saved people don't worship other gods, don't commit adultery, steal and so forth. They Keep the Commandments of GOD and have the Testimony; Faith of Jesus.
If they sin; they confess their sin and are cleansed from all unrighteousness. They are saved.

No confession no cleansing; no salvation. For we would still be in our sin. Assenting to it rather than the Faith that has been made available to us in Christ Jesus through HIS Spirit.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Ah so I've only wasted my time here.

You guys are out here on a "mission" and therefore spread the SDA propaganda and double-talk.

Well atleast I didnt waste TOO much time. Maybe its of help to some who are reading the thread but not responding. If thats YOU (yes you reading this now) DONT BE DECEIVED by these fake preachers and teachers disguising themselves as servants of righteousness. Got to look out for these "fake nice" people like the JWs, mormons, SDAs, etc. Use your street smarts. Be not deceived.

Aand im out. Carry on the "conversation"
I have already stated what I disclaim about SDA in a previous post and my mission is not to spread SDA propaganda but rather to humbly serve the Lord with love in my heart. For the times that I have failed to do this I apologize again as I have already done so in a previous post. Most people, if not all I have met, have at one time or another been 'fake nice', I probably have been 'fake nice' too at one time or another as I am no better than anyone else.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Is there anybody who would like to ask a question about SDAs or who would just like to ask any Bible question. I am a SDA and so I will try to give everybody a Bible based answer
I hear SDA do not believe eternal hell

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
They believe that the dead are eventually extinguished in fire and do not have eternal consciousness. The repercussions of neglecting salvation of eternal but the actual scope of punishment is limited. I don't believe that you will find the word 'hell' connected with the word 'eternal' in the bible but I might be wrong.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Hmm ok the OP didnt come back to answer my question maybe they didnt have time to explain who is ellen g white and what the origins of sda is.

I dont think they will answer it, as nobody else has either.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Yup they believe in annihilationism.

Atheist's dream come true.

So lucky for all of us who dont join the SDA cult or obey their teachings, there is no hell to pay :)

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
They believe that the dead are eventually extinguished in fire and do not have eternal consciousness. The repercussions of neglecting salvation of eternal but the actual scope of punishment is limited. I don't believe that you will find the word 'hell' connected with the word 'eternal' in the bible but I might be wrong.
I believe they got this one right. Roman 6:23 says the wages of sin is death, not everlasting life in fire.

green-yes-text-smiley-emoticon.gif

Dec 28, 2016
I believe they got this one right. Roman 6:23 says the wages of sin is death, not everlasting life in fire.

View attachment 192321
That verse doesn't prove annihilationism just because it shows the sum or the wages for sin being death. Thus your conclusion from the passage "not everlasting life in fire" is a misnomer on your part, and shows it to be no proof text. ;)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yup they believe in annihilationism.

Atheist's dream come true.

So lucky for all of us who dont join the SDA cult or obey their teachings, there is no hell to pay :)
I do hope that you are not now implying that those that are SDA are now atheists? Seems to me that eternal separation from God is hell in itself. The bible does not state explicitly that the lost will burn in eternal fire forever, in fact, does not even mention the word hell as the place of eternal punishment.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
I do hope that you are not now implying that those that are SDA are now atheists? Seems to me that eternal separation from God is hell in itself. The bible does not state explicitly that the lost will burn in eternal fire forever, in fact, does not even mention the word hell as the place of eternal punishment.
Nah im not claiming they are atheists. Im claiming atheist's wouldn't mind being "annihilated" after death.

How surprised am I that you support annihilationism? Not very. Nothing really matters. Lets just love and stuff.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Based on the SDA members that I have interacted with I would say that the SDA believes that you are saved by confessing your sins, that Jesus paid the penalty for your sins, and that Holy Spirit guides you in the repentance process. They do believe in the Sabbath but it is not a salvation issue.
For those that disagreed with this post is it your position that Jesus did not pay the penalty for our confessed sins, that the Holy Spirit does not lead us in the repentance process and the keeping of the Sabbath is indeed a salvation issue? I find that a very odd position for a Christian to have. I am not at all sure exactly what there was to disagree with in this post as confession of sin, Jesus dying on the cross as a penalty for those sins and the Holy Spirit providing guidance from that point on in one's spiritual journey are basic fundamental salvation principals. Go figure.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Nah im not claiming they are atheists. Im claiming atheist's wouldn't mind being "annihilated" after death.

How surprised am I that you support annihilationism? Not very. Nothing really matters. Lets just love and stuff.
I have never said at all in this thread about what I believe or support in regards as eternal punishment for those that are lost, only that nowhere in the bible does it state that explicitly that the lost suffer eternal torment in fire in a place called hell.

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Can one seriously believe that anyone is even capable of confessing every sin they have sinned? That phrase seems to be sneakily inserted regularly, about confessing “every” sin to be saved. I thought acknowledging that we are sinners, very simple, and in need of a Savior, was the basis for a thing called Grace. Something that no one can boast about. Lots of double talk. I would hope it’s done in ignorance, for there’s hope there.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
That verse doesn't prove annihilationism just because it shows the sum or the wages for sin being death. Thus your conclusion from the passage "not everlasting life in fire" is a misnomer on your part, and shows it to be no proof text. ;)
Or rather, I depends on what one calls death. People want to make hell a permanent place, but it is thrown into the lake of fire at the end. o_O

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Can one seriously believe that anyone is even capable of confessing every sin they have sinned? That phrase seems to be sneakily inserted regularly, about confessing “every” sin to be saved. I thought acknowledging that we are sinners, very simple, and in need of a Savior, was the basis for a thing called Grace. Something that no one can boast about. Lots of double talk. I would hope it’s done in ignorance, for there’s hope there.
Interesting point you brought up. Some people seem to argue that John is focusing on confessing every single sin that we commit as we commit them (keep a specific inventory) as an additional requirement to remain cleansed (1John 1:9) and if we forget a sin, we're toast!

Others would argue that John instead has in mind here a settled recognition and ongoing acknowledgment that one is a sinner in need of cleansing and forgiveness.

*Notice that verse 8 says, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." Verse 10 says, "If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us" and this is in CONTRAST TO - “if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”