Sex before marriage: a poll

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What are your opinions on sex before marriage?

• It is a sin and we should abstain

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • It is okay, God will forgive us. Besides, a man/woman has needs you know!

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • It's a normal part of modern dating, everybody does it

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I highly recommend Mark Gungor videos on the marriage relationship. I learned about Mark Gungor from @BillG a while back and am so grateful I did!

U

UnderGrace

Trying to get a snapshot of the modern Church view on sex before marriage. Please feel free to elaborate!
There really is no such thing as sex before marriage. Sex is marriage according to the bible.

Oct 13, 2018
USA
Of course those two groups are in direct conflict with God and obviously have never read Song of Solomon with understanding. From what I understand the original language is quite racy and our modern translations keep it a "G" rated.
The only thing that makes the Song of Solomon racy is the carnal imagination of fallen human beings. It is a picture of Yeshua and His Bride. If the church is His bride, He's the head, we're the body, where is there any room for erotic interpretation?

That absolutely does not fit with the rest of scripture. Let everything be established with two or three witnesses, and where else in the Bible does God promote a sort of sacred eroticism between us?

Song of Solomon is Jesus coming back for His bride. I think everyone who views it as a purely erotic book is missing out on what God truly intended to portray; His love for us.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
The problem is not sex but marriage. What is marriage? Marriage is not what many think.

Marriage as per God is on the basis of "..when two or three agree, God is in their midst (as a witness)..." And specifically when a man is bound to a woman through love, when the two agree to be together. Marriage is not a wedding- weddings are traditions of men that is mostly applied in place of God's law and are generally evil in this end times.

A boyfriend and a girlfriend are already married as long as they agree to be together and consummate their marriage with sex. This makes your poll null and void because your idea of marriage is different from what God has said. Garden of Eden is a perfect example of marriage and was overseen by God. So, a marriage is overseen by God only; the reason God says "...let no man separate what God has joined..."

Therefore:
1. Breaking up with a girlfriend or boyfriend is divorce
2. Weddings and marriage certificates or divorce certificates do not mean anything positive spiritually but only serve to fulfill the law of the land (statutory). But let's be careful even as we give Caesar what belongs to him lest we forget God because weddings have become an oath taking/promise making ceremonies yet we have no control of the future. Jesus said it is evil.
Exacly

U

UnderGrace

The only thing that makes the Song of Solomon racy is the carnal imagination of fallen human beings. It is a picture of Yeshua and His Bride. If the church is His bride, He's the head, we're the body, where is there any room for erotic interpretation?

That absolutely does not fit with the rest of scripture. Let everything be established with two or three witnesses, and where else in the Bible does God promote a sort of sacred eroticism between us?

Song of Solomon is Jesus coming back for His bride. I think everyone who views it as a purely erotic book is missing out on what God truly intended to portray; His love for us.

Thank you for setting the record straight. :)

U

UnderGrace

I highly recommend Mark Gungor videos on the marriage relationship. I learned about Mark Gungor from @BillG a while back and am so grateful I did!

Too bad he has no formal training to speak about men's and women's brains.

Entertaining fiction.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
This is the wrong forum. Discussing whether Song of Solomon is erotic fiction or anointed scripture belongs in BDF.

But it sure is effective at clearing a church out to announce you're taking your sermon text from Song of Solomon. Even the deacons bail out. =^.^=

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
This is the wrong forum. Discussing whether Song of Solomon is erotic fiction or anointed scripture belongs in BDF.

But it sure is effective at clearing a church out to announce you're taking your sermon text from Song of Solomon. Even the deacons bail out. =^.^=
I'm not scared.

U

UnderGrace

Too bad he has no formal training to speak about men's and women's brains.

Entertaining fiction.
Taken right from his presentation at a church.

Draws a diagram of a heart with smiley face below it that is supposed to represent the genitals. He goes on to explain that women need to learn that you get to the man's heart through the smiley. Men needs to understand that if they want the smiley, they need to get to the heart.

This is also what he teaches...

- Women give in relationships and men take. The solution is for women to learn how to take rather than give.

- If you want your husband to do something, make sure you tell him many times. Men won't hear the first time, you need to tell them lots of times.

- The way to get your husband to do something, is to withhold sex until he does it. You need to put conditions on love.

- God did not love unconditionally. If you don't love him, you don't go to heaven, that's a condition. (False Gospel)

Just want the information to be available and honest.

He is not trained as a a psychologist, therapist or neuroscientist, I will admit though he is a comedian.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Taken right from his presentation at a church.

Draws a diagram of a heart with smiley face below it that is supposed to represent the genitals. He goes on to explain that women need to learn that you get to the man's heart through the smiley. Men needs to understand that if they want the smiley, they need to get to the heart.

This is also what he teaches...

- Women give in relationships and men take. The solution is for women to learn how to take rather than give.

- If you want your husband to do something, make sure you tell him many times. Men won't hear the first time, you need to tell them lots of times.

- The way to get your husband to do something, is to withhold sex until he does it. You need to put conditions on love.

- God did not love unconditionally. If you don't love him, you don't go to heaven, that's a condition. (False Gospel)

Just want the information to be available and honest.

He is not trained as a a psychologist, therapist or neuroscientist, I will admit though he is a comedian.
Haha

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
the modern church view? You’ll have your “it’s ok” crowd. You’ll have the “sex is bad!!!” crowd. You’ll have the crowd that talks about it too much. You’ll have the crowd that has it as a taboo subject.

What does God say though?
Hello Melita,

Scripture states that if we willfully continue to live a sexually immoral life style, or willfully continue to live according to the sinful nature, we will not inherit the kingdom of God:

Paul to the Corinthians and therefore, all believers:

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to or perform homosexual acts, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God."

U

UnderGrace

the modern church view? You’ll have your “it’s ok” crowd. You’ll have the “sex is bad!!!” crowd. You’ll have the crowd that talks about it too much. You’ll have the crowd that has it as a taboo subject.

What does God say though?
I have yet to meet any church person who has stated that "sex is bad" within matrimony ever, have you?

In this day and age, sex if also far from taboo....Mark Gungor popularity being an example...do you have an example?

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Ok now to really stir the pot (or show my ignorance)....

Where in Song of Solomon does it say that the couple is married? Or have we just assumed that they were married because we all know the Bible teaches that sex outside of marriage is a sin?

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Ok now to really stir the pot (or show my ignorance)....

Where in Song of Solomon does it say that the couple is married? Or have we just assumed that they were married because we all know the Bible teaches that sex outside of marriage is a sin?
Bible also teaches that not obeying the law, like speeding 5 over, is a sin too.

S

selfdissolving

i see this conversation has gone to some interesting places the last few days