Sex before marriage: a poll

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What are your opinions on sex before marriage?

• It is a sin and we should abstain

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • It is okay, God will forgive us. Besides, a man/woman has needs you know!

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • It's a normal part of modern dating, everybody does it

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
... if God were real I am sure he'd have many more important things he'd like you to actually be concerned with and I am sure he'd have many more things he'd like to be concerned with.
Child of the serpent (I speak in love, merely defining), you have the serpents hiss of "iffff..."

Marriage, between man and woman, united by God:

Mat_19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Mar_10:9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Actually represents, is like a model picture of, Godhead. Father, Son and Holy Ghost united in purpose towards a goal, like as a music chord. The Man represents the Father, the Woman, represents the Son, and God which unites (as united by the Holy Spirit).

'sex' before marriage is theft (Exodus 20:12), not only of physical, but also robbery of the matters of heart and affection. The persons belong unto God first and foremost, and to the parrents secondly. All who take without such consent, break God's commandment, and are thieves, climbing up some other way than allowed, not going in at the door, by knocking and asking permission to enter.

It (sex before marriage, and not in conformity to God's law) destroys society, for the marriage, is the first foundation of true society (amongst men), and safeguards its corruption, and is the foundation of the church/home (which is the cell of the greater church/society).

A cell which is selfish, cannot live in healthy body which is self-sacrificial. It (a selfish cell) becomes cancerous (2 Timothy 2:17).

Also, such stolen union, creates within the child (if should come of it) further sinful propensities, since the child comes of the nature of the two that came together, even in the hormones of the two, and the child would suffer even further, not merely from nature, but from the dis-union of the unmarried, and suffer emotionally, spiritually, etc. It is cruelty.

7seasrekeyed

sounds like 'be fruitful and multiply' may actually have been God saying make an apple orchard :rolleyes::whistle:

the over spiritualization of scripture does no good to anyone

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
sounds like 'be fruitful and multiply' may actually have been God saying make an apple orchard :rolleyes::whistle:

the over spiritualization of scripture does no good to anyone
Men are as "trees" in God's garden, so yea ... Jesus expects when coming into the Garden, to be able to pluck the fruit of the Spirit from each tree ... that we may also be trees of life (whose Seed is in itself) ...

7seasrekeyed

Men are as "trees" in God's garden, so yea ... Jesus expects when coming into the Garden, to be able to pluck the fruit of the Spirit from each tree ... that we may als be trees of life (whose Seed is in itself) ...
the Bible is both a spiritual book and a practical book

people need showers and bathrooms and there is nothing spiritual about that

don't go beyond what the Bible says

nowhere does the Bible say that Jesus is plucking fruit

if you have a verse that says that, please go ahead and let us know about it

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
don't go beyond what the Bible says

nowhere does the Bible say that Jesus is plucking fruit
Right. (y)

This is what I see, instead:

"for your proving the things that differ, that ye may be pure and offenceless -- to [unto] a day of Christ," Phil1:10ylt [article "a" not present in the Greek]

"having been filled with the fruit of righteousness which comes through [which is by means of] Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God." Phil1:11nasb

U

UnderGrace

I am referring to "marriage" and it's defintion as given in scripture, which includes all aspects, not merely a single location.

Rev_21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
okay.....but Eph 5:31 yet again makes it clear the sex is marriage in the physical practical world

Yama

Feb 19, 2017
Child of the serpent (I speak in love, merely defining), you have the serpents hiss of "iffff..."

Marriage, between man and woman, united by God:

Mat_19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Mar_10:9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Actually represents, is like a model picture of, Godhead. Father, Son and Holy Ghost united in purpose towards a goal, like as a music chord. The Man represents the Father, the Woman, represents the Son, and God which unites (as united by the Holy Spirit).

'sex' before marriage is theft (Exodus 20:12), not only of physical, but also robbery of the matters of heart and affection. The persons belong unto God first and foremost, and to the parrents secondly. All who take without such consent, break God's commandment, and are thieves, climbing up some other way than allowed, not going in at the door, by knocking and asking permission to enter.

It (sex before marriage, and not in conformity to God's law) destroys society, for the marriage, is the first foundation of true society (amongst men), and safeguards its corruption, and is the foundation of the church/home (which is the cell of the greater church/society).

A cell which is selfish, cannot live in healthy body which is self-sacrificial. It (a selfish cell) becomes cancerous (2 Timothy 2:17).

Also, such stolen union, creates within the child (if should come of it) further sinful propensities, since the child comes of the nature of the two that came together, even in the hormones of the two, and the child would suffer even further, not merely from nature, but from the dis-union of the unmarried, and suffer emotionally, spiritually, etc. It is cruelty.
I almost spat out my coffee.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Oh yay. This is just what we need, a little BDF in the Singles forum. Arguments always make everything better.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The only thing that makes the Song of Solomon racy is the carnal imagination of fallen human beings. It is a picture of Yeshua and His Bride. If the church is His bride, He's the head, we're the body, where is there any room for erotic interpretation?

That absolutely does not fit with the rest of scripture. Let everything be established with two or three witnesses, and where else in the Bible does God promote a sort of sacred eroticism between us?

Song of Solomon is Jesus coming back for His bride. I think everyone who views it as a purely erotic book is missing out on what God truly intended to portray; His love for us.
It is obvious to me that this book has nothing to do whatsoever about Jesus coming back for his bride but rather is a love story between a man and a woman.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
This is the wrong forum. Discussing whether Song of Solomon is erotic fiction or anointed scripture belongs in BDF.

But it sure is effective at clearing a church out to announce you're taking your sermon text from Song of Solomon. Even the deacons bail out. =^.^=
Seems like such a sermon would have standing room only.

U

UnderGrace

Jay walking will get you a one way ticket to hell also.
Maybe it depends which road you are on, there is always time to change the road you are on.

VincentG

Prodigal son
Aug 25, 2018
Men are as "trees" in God's garden, so yea ... Jesus expects when coming into the Garden, to be able to pluck the fruit of the Spirit from each tree ... that we may also be trees of life (whose Seed is in itself) ...
just because most fruits come off trees ..when talking about "The fruit of the spirit" does not mean fruits from a tree ..but the fruits of the Holy Spirit...almost saying...almost saying that the Holy Spirit is the tree...and that is ---->
Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

SweetStars

Oct 6, 2018
Arizona
I though The Bible was very clear on this one, sex is reverse for marriage only, we have to be careful and not fall into our own understanding and always remember that God give us His word for a reason, so that we would not be tricked or fall into the lies of this world.

7seasrekeyed

It is obvious to me that this book has nothing to do whatsoever about Jesus coming back for his bride but rather is a love story between a man and a woman.
there are some creepy posts in this thread IMO

outer limits type stuff :eek:

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
The problem is not sex but marriage. What is marriage? Marriage is not what many think.

Marriage as per God is on the basis of "..when two or three agree, God is in their midst (as a witness)..." And specifically when a man is bound to a woman through love, when the two agree to be together. Marriage is not a wedding- weddings are traditions of men that is mostly applied in place of God's law and are generally evil in this end times.

A boyfriend and a girlfriend are already married as long as they agree to be together and consummate their marriage with sex. This makes your poll null and void because your idea of marriage is different from what God has said. Garden of Eden is a perfect example of marriage and was overseen by God. So, a marriage is overseen by God only; the reason God says "...let no man separate what God has joined..."

Therefore:
1. Breaking up with a girlfriend or boyfriend is divorce
2. Weddings and marriage certificates or divorce certificates do not mean anything positive spiritually but only serve to fulfill the law of the land (statutory). But let's be careful even as we give Caesar what belongs to him lest we forget God because weddings have become an oath taking/promise making ceremonies yet we have no control of the future. Jesus said it is evil.
Maybe normaly but we follow the laws of the land so it's a sin unless you have a certificate for marriage or whatever, that's like saying you can drink because Jesus didn't put an age on liquor when the law obviously says to wait until 21 and we are supposed to obey the government unless it diametrically opposes God. Also, weddings are fine because God attended one.

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
It wouldn't matter to me. I'm sure God has some concern.

I'm 39, divorced, and have two offspring.

It just doesn't seem like a big deal anymore.
Sir i care about you, but Jesus makes his commands very clear. Blatantly going against those rules without any real care could be evidence you're not saved i would definitely be careful. Even if you are saved there are consequences to sin and calling yourself a Christian and doing the exact opposite of what a Christian should be doing makes people think that all Christians are faking. Don't be someone who causes God's name to be blasphemed among pagans. I only say this because i care God bless.