Share a healthy habit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tintin

I've only started doing this recently.

Pour peppermint tea into a tea strainer. Add a few generous shreds of fresh ginger and a teaspoon of honey. Pour in the boiling water and stir. Leave it for 3 minutes and remove the tea strainer. Drink when ready.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
I drink carrot juice or sometimes a power drink made up of a glass of purified water with 2 tbsps of apple cider vinegar and honey in the morning on an empty stomach.

M

Miri

I no longer pick my nose.

As a child I was told it would make my brain fall out.
Now many many years later I'm glad I heeded that advice as my
brain is still in situ.

4343.gif

H

Hellooo

brain is still in situ.

View attachment 146321

Along that same vein
i stopped swallowing chewing gum and crossing my eyes.
as a child, i was told that it took 7 years for gum to be digested
and that my eyes would get stuck crossed.

thankfully it's been way over 7 years
and my eyes have remained in their rightful place.

Feb 28, 2016

brain is still in situ.

View attachment 146321
--------------------------------------------------Miri,
just think about how many future people you have kept from keeping their brains from falling-out,,,,
thank you for sharing such precious wisdom of 'not picking our noses', whew, what a bugger
that could have turned out to be!!!!:rolleyes::confused:;):mad:

M

Miri

--------------------------------------------------Miri,
just think about how many future people you have kept from keeping their brains from falling-out,,,,
thank you for sharing such precious wisdom of 'not picking our noses', whew, what a bugger
that could have turned out to be!!!!:rolleyes::confused:;):mad:

Haha,

Sorry folks I seem to have lowered the tone of the thread.
I just have to let my funny bone out for exercise every now and
again.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I try to drink at least 2Liters of water :p and try to remind meself of my vitamin supply..lol

M

Mitspa

The mind is designed by God to heal the body...toxic thoughts such as fear and bitterness actually release toxic chemicals from the brain into the body... The confidence and peace with love and joy In Christ are the VERY best health remedies.

I have never been in the hospital and have not been sick in many years, by Gods good grace and because I dare to put all my trust in Him and live without fear and bitterness..

M

Mitspa

I try to drink at least 2Liters of water :p and try to remind meself of my vitamin supply..lol
Good one..i for got I try to drink two bottles of water a day..and take communion several times a week... Old guy in great health ..by God Grace :)

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Good one..i for got I try to drink two bottles of water a day..and take communion several times a week... Old guy in great health ..by God Grace :)
lol and eat a lot of veggies like paprika and unions!!

Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
My roomies do this! I've always thought of trying it but I'd have to let go of my morning coffee time (replace it with mornig lemon time, sounds sour). Caffeine has been great for my digestion. I tried to replace it with tea but it resulted to constipation xD I might try this just to see the difference.
Abigail I'm glad you are thinking of trying this. I know the sour can be off putting but honestly it's real delicious and gives the water such a fresh taste. There are many healthy substitutes, like detox waters. They provide some of the same benefits. You can use strawberries, mint leaves, cucumber, orange slices, whatever you desire. Look it up on YouTube many delicious recipes!!!
I'm trying this tomorrow! I bought lemons today and organic honey. Imma give it a try and see if I can replace my caffeine intake.

M

missy2014

Went to like abigails comment i really appreciate your courageous honesty about the coke stuff and : Acess denied
I was scared I was like what? is she the president of the Phillipines? just figured why it says that

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I think consistent exercise has helped me the most. I was riding my bicycle outdoors 30-35 km every other day for 10 years. Having to stop last year for RA med failures really showed me how much it helps my body and mind. Plus I used to listen to Christisn music while riding, so a great time of prayer and praise to occupy my mind.

Since January, I have been trying to be more consistent about stretches and indoor biking, plus weights in opposite days, and despite the pain and swelling, I feel a lot better. Even the muscles are returning.

Of course, you have to eat well, but I've always been an
organic vegetarian, so that is not an issue for me!

I drink a lot is water. Probably a lot more than 2 litres. I have Sjogren's Stndrome, which is dry eyes and mouth and sometimes organs, so I sip water all day long and never go anywhere without a water bottle.

Getting enough good quality sleep is important. Plus not living in a negative or hostile environment. For women with RA, childhood abuse had been correlated to a high rate of RA among women who have the RA gene. Not that we have control of our childhood environment!

More than one thing, but all essential, IMHO.

As for pharmaceuticals, I am grateful every day I have access to them. My life would not be worth living if I didn't have the biologics, DMARDS, asthma drugs, Synthroid, pain killers, and even prednisone, which had kept my head above water this year! No one pushed them on me- I begged for them, and I cannot regret taking them, especially the RA meds.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Just passing by health forums and articles sometimes. Like this.

Top 100 High ORAC Value Antioxidant Foods
Top 100 High ORAC Value Antioxidant Foods

March 17, 2015, by Ken Jorgustin

The ORAC values of the following spices-herbs-foods are rated very high (apparently healthier) and are worth considering in your diet for your overall health and well-being.
ORAC is an abbreviation for Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity and was developed by the National Institutes of Health in Baltimore.
In short, ORAC units measure the antioxidant capacity of foods. The higher, the better.
It is widely believed that high antioxidant foods help greatly to lower the risks of cancer, degeneration, and disease.
The following list consists of high ORAC value food and spices. Consider making an effort to obtain and consume more of them in your normal diet. Ones health is paramount to survival!
Here’s the list:

Note: The ORAC values in this list are normalized to 100 grams of weight (about 3.5 ounces) because that is the way in which the original database of information was presented. The intent is to ‘normalize’ the various items to simply compare ‘raw value’, NOT ‘amount per serving’.

Note: The list does not factor or attempt to suggest the quantities that a person would normally eat in one serving (for example – who is going to eat 3.5 ounces of cloves in one serving??). I simply wanted to point out which ‘foods’ were literally the highest (that I could find information about).
Note: The ORAC value of a given food will vary due to growing conditions, processing conditions, specific variety and others.
Note: Data sourced from the US Department of Agriculture during 2010. The USDA recommends an ORAC unit ingestion of about 3000 to 5000 units daily.
Note: ORAC values listed here are in units of µmol TE/100g (micromol Trolox Equivalent per 100 grams). Trolox equivalency is used as a benchmark for the antioxidant capacity.
Note: The list I’ve put together here is not all-inclusive (no list ever is
)

Note: Update: Sometime during 2012, the USDA apparently removed their ORAC listings. If someone finds a new USDA link for ORAC foods, please comment below.

This is not medical advice.

ORAC Value Top 20 list

Dec 16, 2012
Like the title says, what do you consistently do, or at least try to, or want to do that contributes to living a healthy life? What's yours?

Every day: Detoxified or nascent iodine. Glutathione. Exercise as much as I can. Journalling. Time in the word/with God every day. Fruit, fruit, fruit. Being a minimalist. Just a few basics for a tried, tested and true way for the best life.

Dec 16, 2012
The mind is designed by God to heal the body...toxic thoughts such as fear and bitterness actually release toxic chemicals from the brain into the body... The confidence and peace with love and joy In Christ are the VERY best health remedies.

I have never been in the hospital and have not been sick in many years, by Gods good grace and because I dare to put all my trust in Him and live without fear and bitterness..

This is fantastic. This is what's known as slamming the door in the face of the enemy. Big, big win.