Share a healthy habit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Esp. at Christmas, lechon, roasted pig, is quite popular here. Here's some health tip, if u care for this:

There are reasons that the meat of the pig becomes more saturated with toxins than many of its counterpart farm animals. The first reason has to do with the digestive system of a pig.
A pig digests whatever it eats rather quickly, in up to about four hours. On the other hand a cow takes a good twenty-four hours to digest what it’s eaten. During the digestive process, animals (including humans) get rid of excess toxins as well as other components of the food eaten that could be dangerous to health.
Since the pig’s digestive system operates rather basically, many of these toxins remain in their system to be stored in their more than adequate fatty tissues ready for our consumption.
Another issue with the pig is that it doesn’t have any sweat glands. Sweat glands are a tool the body uses to be rid of toxins. This leaves more toxins in the pig’s body.
I don’t have to tell you that when you consume pork meat, you too are getting all these toxins that weren’t eliminated from the pig. None of us need more toxins in our systems. In fact we should all be doing what we can to eliminate and cut down on toxin exposure. One vital way to do this is by choosing what you eat carefully...
Why You Should Avoid Eating Pork | Biblical Health - God's Bible way to Diet Fitness Health and Nutrition

Feb 28, 2016
we're not really 'chocolate' eaters, but have gone through bouts of had to have in the past -
one thing hubby always said to look for is that 'chocolate' must be the #1 ingredient listed on the
label as far as a 'real chocolate' goes, plus NO sugars added is a great-big-plus...
another words, 'if chocolate is not listed first', then it isn't really real chocolate...

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
A healthy habit is having healthy snacks. I am reminded of some we had as kids, not much now, but i should try to get more often.

Jicama or singkamas, peeled and sliced thinly, with a little salt, or plain. I see it can also be cut like french fries and eaten raw, altho others use it in cooked dishes as spring rolls, etc. Jicamas are said to have abt 35-40% vit. C per cup serving.

Slightly ripe (often still green outside but slightly orange inside) papayas. I remember being served cubed papayas that werent very ripe yet. They are still crunchy, as unripe green ones are, but slightly sweet. Sometimes served w/ some salt and/or vinegar=). Something like this:

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
vinegar=). Something like this:

Really unripe, white fruit also made into salads, a Lao original i think.

danja

Nov 28, 2014
I drink 5 liters of water everyday.It helps stay hydrated ,be more energetic and lose weight :)

W

wwjd_kilden

I drink 5 liters of water everyday.It helps stay hydrated ,be more energetic and lose weight :)

Actually, you pee most of it out, and it isn't necessary... so unless you have a large bladder you just end up running to the toilet

The recommendation is about 3 l pr day and included what you get from food :)
(More if it is very hot or you exercise of course)

danja

Nov 28, 2014
i know you need a toilet close to you ,but water is a miracle for good health .

W

wwjd_kilden

Just make sure you also get minerals/salt, if you loose a lot of fluid (heat or exercise) and drink extreme amounts of water it can, believe it or not, "poison" you

danja

Nov 28, 2014
thanks for the advice sister.I am careful and do not drink 5 liters in a few minutes ,but spread it along the 24 hour :)

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
The best water to drink, without a doubt, is ionized and alkalized water. You generally need a water "purifier" type of machine like the Athena for that. Not cheap, but over the long term it is, and can boost your health using this type of water. After that, distilled and a good mineral waters are all right, but still not nearly as beneficial as the first one I mentioned. Fiji water is decent. Do not use Poland Spring. Ever. One of the worst waters you can buy

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Also, getting water from organic fruits and veggies is a great way to hydrate. Last, try using Mega Hydrate. it is available on Amazon. it hydrates at a cellular level and is very alkaline. And the Biocean company has a great type of "water."
Anyone one over around 40/45 should be ingesting treace minerals. Our bodies become depleted. It may be that minerals are more important then vitamins. Angstrom sells a good trace mineral formula.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
It's just here, the long-long lost thread i wanted to return to. I am bumping this for easier access=)

R

renewed_hope

It's just here, the long-long lost thread i wanted to return to. I am bumping this for easier access=)
Haha I second that with a few healthy habits:

1) Tell the people you care about how important they are to you
2) Be honest and show integrity even when it means it puts you in a negative light
3) Remove toxic people in your life and surround yourself with positive ones
4) Speak with authority all of Gods promises over our life
5) If you love someone tell them just that

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Healthy habit? Get plenty of sleep! Try and keep your body on a schedule so your body gets the rest it needs!

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
2 tsp of apple cider vinigar helps regulate blood sugars for diabetcs..etc..google the list of other benefits...you can put it in tea etc but NEVER take it plain! Also great one..tumeric is great for imflamation etc..but make sure the tumeric is the legit stuff n not overly processed..:)

Jul 1, 2018
yourtopbest.com
The first thing that I start my day with is thanking GOD, for my current life and for another day to live in this beautiful world.
Then I drink 1 bottle of water.
I go for a swift walk to keep myself healthy and also to feel closer to the nature.
Then once I am back I try to eat healthy and organic fruits.
This is how I start my day.
Hope this helps.
:)

Spiral2

Jul 25, 2018
England
Every morning I try to drink a glass of water with a lemon slice in it. There are a ton of benefits from doing this simple thing. 1. Gives your immune system a boost. 2. Excellent source of potassium. 3. Aids in digestion. 4. Cleanses your system. 5. Helps to decrease blemishes and wrinkles. 6. Helps you lose weight. 7. Reduces inflammation. 8. Gives you an energy boost. 9. Helps to cut out caffeine. 10. Helps fight viral infections. 11. Helps to relive toothaches and gingivitis. This is definitely enough benefits to keep me doing this every morning!!! :) enjoy!!!
I heard our bodies just need cool boiled water in the morning. Now going to try this every morning lemon water . I usually have that during meal times . Need all the help in the mornings.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
@Godgivesmestrenth....i havent heard a glass of water with lemon is does all THAT..where did you get your info? Im in the healthcare field so am always interested in factual data not just opinion..if you could post..that would e great :)

danja

Nov 28, 2014
I dob't consume fast food ,only on special occasions .Only home made foods

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
I dob't consume fast food ,only on special occasions .Only home made foods
Yeah ..im trying to do more fresh stuff other than stuff in a box or frozen but fresh stuff only lasts bout 3 days so youre constantly going to the market and i HATE grocery shopping..only like doing it 1-2 times per month instead of 3 times a WEEK..lol..im a work in progress..lol