Share a healthy habit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

danja

Nov 28, 2014
Yeah ..im trying to do more fresh stuff other than stuff in a box or frozen but fresh stuff only lasts bout 3 days so youre constantly going to the market and i HATE grocery shopping..only like doing it 1-2 times per month instead of 3 times a WEEK..lol..im a work in progress..lol
We have everything close by where i live and love grocery shopping .But yeah ,eating healthy foods really is key for a healthy mind and body

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
Eat at least one big salad every day. Eat less protein (your kidneys can handle only so much). Avoid eating anything with refined sugar like it was poison. And if you want to lose weight, stop eating all forms of grain - bread, crackers, oatmeal, rice. When you get the munchies eat carrots, celery and radish. Plan to do physical and mental exercise everyday.

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
Yeah ..im trying to do more fresh stuff other than stuff in a box or frozen but fresh stuff only lasts bout 3 days so youre constantly going to the market and i HATE grocery shopping..only like doing it 1-2 times per month instead of 3 times a WEEK..lol..im a work in progress..lol
There is something to be said for frozen food. Frozen food may be fresher than store bought "fresh". Why? Because it is harvested and frozen all on the same day, whereas "fresh" veg has been trucked to the store and left on display for a long time before you finally buy it, take it home, refrigerate it, and eventually eat it. Which is actually fresher? I vote for the frozen!

Spiral2

Jul 25, 2018
England
i like lettuce with a little olive oil in it .it's so good :) How do you eat it?
I use it to layer. I have hams, lettuce, spinage and carrot steamed to just slightly cooked, fried onion and celery, an egg,(either fried , boiled or scrambled) salt and pepper, gouda cheese melted into the egg all piled up .. What ever I can find in the fridge really. It doesn't really fill you up but all good. You could put rice, pasta or a jacket potato with it

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
There is something to be said for frozen food. Frozen food may be fresher than store bought "fresh". Why? Because it is harvested and frozen all on the same day, whereas "fresh" veg has been trucked to the store and left on display for a long time before you finally buy it, take it home, refrigerate it, and eventually eat it. Which is actually fresher? I vote for the frozen!
I like the "spring mix" greens for salads but it tends to get slimy in 4 days..especially the spinach never seems to keep very long..i DO get fozen peas..corn etc..

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Don't eat bread that doesn't contain a good amount of fiber. White bread and breads low in fiber are high-glycemic and will spike up your blood sugar and be stored quickly as fat (unless you are about to run several miles or something).

Love this...

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
WATER LOTS OF WATER!
Vegetables! Stuff that grows in dirt, not squirted out of a machine in a factory!
Watermelon season here, I love it.(y);)