Share some useful quotes for your/everyone's life!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LostSoul01

Hello everyone,

Please use this thread to post some quotes that you think could be useful for anyone's daily life!
(General quotes not Bible verses)
Well, I think I'll go first with the one I already use in my profile.

“I have often regretted my speech, but never my silence.”

and will add one more

"It's pride that changed angels into devils, it's humility that makes men as angels."

... your turn,,, thanks!

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
A few of my favorite quotes " We may not have it all together, but together we have it all."

"Living a full life is not determined by how long you live, but my how (well) you live."

"I asked God for all things, that I might enjoy life, He gave me life, that I might enjoy all things"

" Never look down on a person, unless you are picking them up"

L

LostSoul01

..adding more..

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less."
"Learn from the mistakes of others, You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself."

"Never look down on a person, unless you are picking them up"
I wish everyone can always remember this one! Thank you for sharing it!

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
i have this one on a post-it on my computer monitor:

"In times of affliction, we commonly meet with the sweetest experiences of the love of God." -John Bunyan

another fave:

“Although my memory's fading, I remember two things very clearly: I am a great sinner and Christ is a great Savior.” -John Newton

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
i have this one on a post-it on my computer monitor:

"In times of affliction, we commonly meet with the sweetest experiences of the love of God." -John Bunyan

another fave:

“Although my memory's fading, I remember two things very clearly: I am a great sinner and Christ is a great Savior.” -John Newton
Hmm, I've seen the "post-it" on your computer, and I'm pretty sure it says:

JOE'S PIZZA...................FOR DELIVERY CALL............

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
You try you fail you try you fail but the only true failure is when you stop trying

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
if you fall off a horse, get right back on or you'll be scared of horses the rest of your life.

kodiak

Mar 8, 2015
I have a picture above my desk of Babe Ruth, with a quote of his that says: "Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."
I personally like Einstein quotes like:
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
"A person who never mad a mistake never tried anything new."
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Be leery of anyone asking for you to give a quote ............ but, if you must, always over quote the true cost

G

gymnerd

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow...what a ride!"

"The things you own, end up owning you."

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell

"The person who will not be defeated cannot be defeated."

"Most people get ahead during the time that others waste." -Henry Ford

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." -T.S. Eliot

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." -Thomas Jefferson

"Attacking is the only secret, dare and the world yields, or if it beats you sometimes, dare it again and you will succeed."

"An optimist is one who sees opportunity in every difficulty, A pessimist is one who sees difficulty in every opportunity."

J

jjtj22

"God's power is infinite and love is His greatest weapon." Charles Stanley

"If you look at the world, you will be distressed
If you look within, you will be depressed
If you look at God, you will be at rest." Corie ten Boom

L

LostSoul01

“The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause.”
"
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Life is a test

L

LostSoul01

"The difference between school and life?
In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test.
In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson."

student

Jul 20, 2010

When asked by a reporter how he felt with 10,000 failed efforts.

L

LostSoul01

"When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
"Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you."

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
Heard this in church this morning:

"Too often we worship our work, work at our play and play at our worship." --Chuck Swindoll

Very true!

V

Viligant_Warrior

"When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging."