Share Your Health Tips

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
We all know how mom's chicken soup and tender loving care could help cure any illness. So let's share our own experiences for health tips. I will share three with you.

About 5 years ago I read an article about twice a day, morning and evening, gargling with 3% Hydrogen Peroxide could kill germs better than regular mouthwash like Listerine. Before I started doing this I consulted both my doctor and dentist. They both gave me the okay, in fact my dentist told me that she recommended it. And here's the surprising results, almost unbelievable, I haven't had a cold since I've began doing this. I HAVEN'T HAD A COLD IN 5 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Furthermore, over time, the teeth naturally whiten and I've received a number of compliments on the whiteness of my teeth. There has been absolutely no side effects and my gums are very healthy.

About 20 years ago I gave up cigarette smoking. For the first time in 30 years I was free of the habit. But something happened. My weight blew up. Over the next year and a half I gained 32 pounds, all of it in the waist. For 10 years I ate lightly and exercised but I couldn't lose the weight. I am a veteran of the US Army and saw that the VA offered a program called 'THE MOVE PROGRAM' and that this program was designed to help one lose weight and keep it off. The program is still current and free for Veterans. It is a year long program, meetings twice a month, which helps you with your diet, exercise, and weight losing advice. Ten years ago I completed this program and in fact, after a year, I lost my excess weight with no pain and little effort and I've kept it off for the last 10 years. I definitely recommend this program to any veteran who is struggling with a weight problem. Read more about the Move Program: MOVE! Weight Management Program Home (va.gov)

Finally, I want to recommend the VA as a primary health care provider for any veterans. It is basically a free program of health care for anyone who served in the US military and received an honorable discharge. We're not talking about a life time of service, even if you only served a few years you are eligible for lifetime VA health care, you can apply for it on line, takes 5 minutes. I have both medicare and VA healthcare, but the VA health care is so good that I never use my medicare at all. Prescriptions are dirt cheap, I pay $9 a month for a $360 heart medicine. Three months ago I had hernia surgery, a $10k procedure with an entire staff of nurses/anesthesioalogists/doctors who took me through the procedure step by step. Everything went very well. And you know what, it cost me nothing, no charge. Also, if the VA can't offer help they will let you go to a nearby civilian hospital/doctor under the program. So, if you are a veteran with an honorable discharge, I'd recommend that you investigate the VA health care system and see if it's right for you. Learn how to sign up for VA health care benefits here: How To Apply For VA Health Care | Veterans Affairs

So, if anyone else on this board has any health tips, please share them with the rest of us. Thanks

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Ive noticed that since ive been managing my colds and stuff solely plant based with things like thyme tea my overall health has been improved. Started getting into herbs over a year now and i rarely need to take some sort of over the counter meds.
Getting vitamins and minerals through a diet with thistle seeds for example has been helping a lot. I havent had any bad flu since. Just some smaller colds.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Sorry Arthur,

I'm glad you had your hernia taken care of, but I won't participate in a thread promoting the evil Veterans Administration Hospitals.
They've earned a reputation as the worse of the worse hospitals in American history for many reasons. I understand that you know nothing about the bad and your personal experiences positive. I don't judge you for your views. Just keep in mind that there are a lot of VAs that employed doctors and nurses that have done criminal evils that can't be described on a public forum.

The VA can put another notch on their stethoscopes for an award of being the biggest story of the biggest news paper in my state of an entire year. They hired murderers who killed many patients. My heart goes out to the victims and their families who are without father's now......thanks to the "free care" of the VA.

On the other topic, yes there are awesome things that one can do for themselves like you have with your oral care. A famous physician has used food grade H2O2 nebulized in proper concentration to destroy Covid virus. That cheap use saved a lot of lives as your gargling ones oral and heart disease.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
I am deficient in certain vitamins if I don't take supplementals, so taking these vitamins really help me. I have noticed a difference.

I make sugar-free jello frequently. It is healthy (fed in hospitals), tasty, refreshing and cheap, and a better alternative to other desserts.

I also drink zero sugar soda. I know they add artificial sweeteners but I think it is better than regular sugar and in moderation. I do try to watch my sugar.

Basmati rice is healthier than other rice forms so basmati rice is my main rice source.

My mom uses almond flour for all of her baking (at least for cookies and brownies); she says it is the healthier option.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I am deficient in certain vitamins if I don't take supplementals, so taking these vitamins really help me. I have noticed a difference.

I make sugar-free jello frequently. It is healthy (fed in hospitals), tasty, refreshing and cheap, and a better alternative to other desserts.

I also drink zero sugar soda. I know they add artificial sweeteners but I think it is better than regular sugar and in moderation. I do try to watch my sugar.

Basmati rice is healthier than other rice forms so basmati rice is my main rice source.

My mom uses almond flour for all of her baking (at least for cookies and brownies); she says it is the healthier option.
That's good that you are making decisions to try to improve your health. I wish others had that attitude.

Pop/soda for many years has had high fructose corn syrup as the "sugar" sweetener.
That product is extremely high in Mercury.
Most people would have a problem drinking a beverage that a fluorescent mercury light bulb broke into during production, even if the glass were filtered out. These drinks can and do cause brain and other neurological damage. Guess what else causes brain and other neurological damage?

Here's a full documentary on the subject that is definitely worth your time. Keep in mind that hospitals serve food that is plenty harmful to patients' health. They are in the business to make money, not see recovery through nutrition leading to healing. Hospitals are very unhealthy institutions. VAs are the worst.

https://archive.org/details/SweetMiseryAPoisonedWorld

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
That almond flour is a lot better for avoiding gluten problems. Good for your Mom. That must be where you got your healthy mindset from. 🙂👍

If you ever want other options to zero pop that tastes even better, feel free to PM for a free mini consultation.

P

persistent

That's good that you are making decisions to try to improve your health. I wish others had that attitude.

Pop/soda for many years has had high fructose corn syrup as the "sugar" sweetener.
That product is extremely high in Mercury.
Most people would have a problem drinking a beverage that a fluorescent mercury light bulb broke into during production, even if the glass were filtered out. These drinks can and do cause brain and other neurological damage. Guess what else causes brain and other neurological damage?

Here's a full documentary on the subject that is definitely worth your time. Keep in mind that hospitals serve food that is plenty harmful to patients' health. They are in the business to make money, not see recovery through nutrition leading to healing. Hospitals are very unhealthy institutions. VAs are the worst.

https://archive.org/details/SweetMiseryAPoisonedWorld

P

persistent

Just yesterday talking to my 75 year old acquaintance about health that I tell the medicare folks that call me I just had a check-up in 1989. Of course I have and have had some problems that would have been better treated had I sought medical advice and treatment. However, I told my "friend" that I feel because for a good part of may life I have eaten a lot of nuts and legumes. I say I'm a nut nut. He got a kick when I told him how I eat nuts with quick rice straight from the box. I even mentioned to a Wal-Mart vendor of nuts in Minnesota, suggesting they develop a snack bar that would use rice and nuts. Since quick rice out of the box takes a little time to soften when you put it in your mouth that may be a part of what I feel contributes to better health benefits. Years ago there were public service announcements (PSA"s) that would talk about chewing your food well before swallowing. I think there is something to that and my eating nuts, particularly with the rice, almost forces me to chew longer than what I see a lot of people doing. Go figure.

P

persistent

G

I used to have a friend from Iran, Persia as he would call it, that would cook the basmati rice and the take at least a stick of butter and melt it into the pot and cover it with a towel and the pot lid and let it caramelize. Really tasty if you get right. I am a honey fan and recently was looking about sugars and honey on Wikipedia. Somewhere it mentioned that cane sugar is inflammatory to our system where honey is not. Also found that a newer sweetener, Allulose I think, is possibly suspect as to being healthy. Personally, I think there is a lot wrong with our food supply and many of the items we consume as humans are not eaten by any other organism on the planet. True story. I had a dog, Frederic, and stopped at a Sears store in Arcadia, Ca., to pick something up. Frederic was in the car and I did a quick stop at the cafeteria in Sears to get a hamburger to go. When I took a bite I was REPULSED to say the least and I offered it to Frederic and he was also REPULSED. That was sometime in the 70's and I'll bet that hamburger is still somewhere around. Probably see it in Zuckerberg's meta-verse some day. Back to sugar. Around 1980 I came across a book called Sugar Blues. The author claimed that the big problem with sugar is lack of B vitamins and the consequences are that the covering of our brain, meninges I think, is compromised by sugar without the B vitamins. Can't prove it by me but go figure. Now how about this regarding the inflammatory aspect. My teeth are really bad but I still eat nuts and quick rice and use honey and cane sugar. If I use too much cane sugar I get some inflammation in my jaw and treat it with acetaminophen. I also eat a lot of peanut butter, which has cane sugar in it, but add a lot of honey and never get any inflammation in my jaw even though the peanut butter has sugar already mixed in it from Walmart Great Value brand. go figure. I'm a coffee and water drinker and sometime artificial lemon or lime flavor drink with tap water and sugar. Lots less sugar than soda. Maybe none of this made any sense to you and just don't pay any attention if so.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
I don't have any magic pills or anything but i am a firm believer in changing thoughts and inward actions and letting God work it from the inside out from the mind to the body based on biblical principals.

I used to get really bad allergies with grass and lawn clippings especially when i would mow my lawn. What i began to practice doing imaginal mind exercises before i'd cut the grass to where i would imagine and simulate in my mind cutting the grass and not having allergic reactions to the grass blowing around. After a while my allergies just stopped to both grass and lawn clippings but also to my surprise dust, lint and various other things that caused me allergic reactions stopped.

I also practiced something similar on my stomach and intestine and bowel issues that are all resolved now.

P

persistent

I don't have any magic pills or anything but i am a firm believer in changing thoughts and inward actions and letting God work it from the inside out from the mind to the body based on biblical principals.

I used to get really bad allergies with grass and lawn clippings especially when i would mow my lawn. What i began to practice doing imaginal mind exercises before i'd cut the grass to where i would imagine and simulate in my mind cutting the grass and not having allergic reactions to the grass blowing around. After a while my allergies just stopped to both grass and lawn clippings but also to my surprise dust, lint and various other things that caused me allergic reactions stopped.

I also practiced something similar on my stomach and intestine and bowel issues that are all resolved now.
Could that possibly be considered a healing act of God?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
We all know how mom's chicken soup and tender loving care could help cure any illness. So let's share our own experiences for health tips. I will share three with you.

About 5 years ago I read an article about twice a day, morning and evening, gargling with 3% Hydrogen Peroxide could kill germs better than regular mouthwash like Listerine. Before I started doing this I consulted both my doctor and dentist. They both gave me the okay, in fact my dentist told me that she recommended it. And here's the surprising results, almost unbelievable, I haven't had a cold since I've began doing this. I HAVEN'T HAD A COLD IN 5 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Furthermore, over time, the teeth naturally whiten and I've received a number of compliments on the whiteness of my teeth. There has been absolutely no side effects and my gums are very healthy.

About 20 years ago I gave up cigarette smoking. For the first time in 30 years I was free of the habit. But something happened. My weight blew up. Over the next year and a half I gained 32 pounds, all of it in the waist. For 10 years I ate lightly and exercised but I couldn't lose the weight. I am a veteran of the US Army and saw that the VA offered a program called 'THE MOVE PROGRAM' and that this program was designed to help one lose weight and keep it off. The program is still current and free for Veterans. It is a year long program, meetings twice a month, which helps you with your diet, exercise, and weight losing advice. Ten years ago I completed this program and in fact, after a year, I lost my excess weight with no pain and little effort and I've kept it off for the last 10 years. I definitely recommend this program to any veteran who is struggling with a weight problem. Read more about the Move Program: MOVE! Weight Management Program Home (va.gov)

Finally, I want to recommend the VA as a primary health care provider for any veterans. It is basically a free program of health care for anyone who served in the US military and received an honorable discharge. We're not talking about a life time of service, even if you only served a few years you are eligible for lifetime VA health care, you can apply for it on line, takes 5 minutes. I have both medicare and VA healthcare, but the VA health care is so good that I never use my medicare at all. Prescriptions are dirt cheap, I pay $9 a month for a $360 heart medicine. Three months ago I had hernia surgery, a $10k procedure with an entire staff of nurses/anesthesioalogists/doctors who took me through the procedure step by step. Everything went very well. And you know what, it cost me nothing, no charge. Also, if the VA can't offer help they will let you go to a nearby civilian hospital/doctor under the program. So, if you are a veteran with an honorable discharge, I'd recommend that you investigate the VA health care system and see if it's right for you. Learn how to sign up for VA health care benefits here: How To Apply For VA Health Care | Veterans Affairs

So, if anyone else on this board has any health tips, please share them with the rest of us. Thanks
Very good counsel, especially about the VA. I am an Army vet too and enrolled in the program a few years ago. I haven't used their services yet but will definitely do so if the need arises. Yes, it is open for those who served even a short time and were honorably discharged.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I am deficient in certain vitamins if I don't take supplementals, so
taking these vitamins really help me. I have noticed a difference.

I make sugar-free jello frequently. It is healthy (fed in hospitals), tasty,
refreshing and cheap, and a better alternative to other desserts.

I also drink zero sugar soda. I know they add artificial sweeteners but I think
it is better than regular sugar and in moderation. I do try to watch my sugar.

My mom uses almond flour for all of her baking (at least for
cookies and brownies); she says it is the healthier option.
I found I cannot drink any sodas with aspartame in them because they are toxic to me.
This may sound strange but I know this because of how they make my feet feel. (My
body detoxifies through the soles of my feet.) I am not much of a pop drinker any ways,
but once in a while, especially during very prolonged heat spells in summer, I have
indulged. I discovered a carbonated soft drink sweetened with Stevia. I have used
stevia as a sweetener in different forms for many, many years. The pop is called Zevia :)

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
Could that possibly be considered a healing act of God?

Yes, they all are but i was doing it while standing on 1 Peter 2:24, Romans 7:25, jeremiah 17:10 and Proverbs 4:23. I have some understanding on what im supposed to be doing and where i should be operating but it's just a matter of being diligent with it. The healing wasn't instantanious but came in time as i started to work on my mind, same with the healing of the arthritis in my finger.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
I found I cannot drink any sodas with aspartame in them because they are toxic to me.
This may sound strange but I know this because of how they make my feet feel. (My
body detoxifies through the soles of my feet.) I am not much of a pop drinker any ways,
but once in a while, especially during very prolonged heat spells in summer, I have
indulged. I discovered a carbonated soft drink sweetened with Stevia. I have used
stevia as a sweetener in different forms for many, many years. The pop is called Zevia :)

Wow I would probably love this, love both ginger beer and root beer.

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
Very good counsel, especially about the VA. I am an Army vet too and enrolled in the program a few years ago. I haven't used their services yet but will definitely do so if the need arises. Yes, it is open for those who served even a short time and were honorably discharged.

The VA used to have a bad rep. But they've done much to clean up their act. I have Medicare Advantage through United Health Care, for the past 10 years. But I never use it. For the last 15 years I've used the VA exclusively as my primary health care and have been very happy with the system. My primary VA health care clinic is only 15 minutes away and I live within 30 miles of a new $billion dollar VA hospital. Everything is easy. I can make appointments or order prescriptions on line. And the prescriptions are much cheaper than you can get them anywhere else.

So, if you served on active duty in the US military and received an honorable discharge, it would behoove you to check out the system even if you have Medicare or private insurance. It's free to join up and it's a great healthcare system.

If you have some kind of medical specialty illness and they don't have the ability to treat you, they will refer you to a civilian specialist, at the VA's expense.

I'm not trying to sell anything, just letting all the vets know how I feel about the program and that it's there for them for the asking.

Just as an example of one perk I use, they give each vet an annual allowance of $300 for eye glasses.

Last edited:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The VA used to have a bad rep. But they've done much to clean up their act. I have Medicare Advantage through United Health Care, for the past 10 years. But I never use it. For the last 15 years I've used the VA exclusively as my primary health care and have been very happy with the system. My primary VA health care clinic is only 15 minutes away and I live within 30 miles of a new $billion dollar VA hospital. Everything is easy. I can make appointments or order prescriptions on line. And the prescriptions are much cheaper than you can get them anywhere else.

So, if you served on active duty in the US military and received an honorable discharge, it would behoove you to check out the system even if you have Medicare or private insurance. It's free to join up and it's a great healthcare system.

If you have some kind of medical specialty illness and they don't have the ability to treat you, they will refer you to a civilian specialist, at the VA's expense.

I'm not trying to sell anything, just letting all the vets know how I feel about the program and that it's there for them for the asking.

Just as an example of one perk I use, they give each vet an annual allowance of $300 for eye glasses.
You are performing a useful service for our military vets in advising those who may not be aware, that even if they only served a couple or three years, that they are entitled to VA health care. I believe that the minimum requirement is something like 180 days.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
That almond flour is a lot better for avoiding gluten problems. Good for your Mom. That must be where you got your healthy mindset from. 🙂👍

If you ever want other options to zero pop that tastes even better, feel free to PM for a free mini consultation.
That is the only kind of pop that my wife drinks, zero sugar.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Ive noticed that since ive been managing my colds and stuff solely plant based with things like thyme tea my overall health has been improved. Started getting into herbs over a year now and i rarely need to take some sort of over the counter meds.
Getting vitamins and minerals through a diet with thistle seeds for example has been helping a lot. I havent had any bad flu since. Just some smaller colds.
I started a regimen of drinking pomegranate juice a few months ago for fighting inflammation. Works wonders, for sure. Highly recommend.