shewed unto Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 21, 2021
I wonder if Satan had any idea of what Jesus had just done. He probably thought he had just won the battle. I wonder at what point he figured out that he didn't have a claim on everyone anymore. Is that what caused him to go to war in Heaven?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
"made Him to be sin" means something. Open your eyes.
How do you forgive sin with death without being involved with it?
Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things just as we are, yet without sin.

Jesus did not sin... ever. Logically, there is absolutely no necessity for God to be "involved in" sin to forgive it. Further, He did not "forgive sin with death"; he atoned for sin with His own death. There's a difference.

Saying things like, "Open your eyes" indicates either frustration or arrogance on your part. Neither is appropriate for someone who intends to speak to atheists. Neither is the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I wonder if Satan had any idea of what Jesus had just done. He probably thought he had just won the battle. I wonder at what point he figured out that he didn't have a claim on everyone anymore.
At the resurrection.

Is that what caused him to go to war in Heaven?[/QUOTE]
It's more likely that God's intention to fulfill His purposes through "lowly" earthly beings made the being (that became the devil) disgusted and envious.

Jan 21, 2021
Atonement and Forgiveness are the same thing ..nice try.

Losing quantum information to the environment ..is losing quantum information to this fallen reality. Decoherence is using the information to make it physical ..local ..fallen

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Sorry p_rehbein, I'm having a hard time typing from my eyes rolling so hard.
I imagine they are doing all that rolling searching for a way that a person can be born saved. In ALL of History, there is ONLY ONE man who was born full of the Holy Spirit from birth: John the Baptist.

All other men ever born have been born with a sin nature and in dire need of being reconciled to God and washed in the blood of Jesus the Christ in order to be BORN AGAIN and worthy of being called a child of God. NO man can be born saved. Jesus was very clear on this. So, either you know better than Jesus, or you better rethink your Spiritual Condition. I say this because I do not want anyone to be lost because of flawed teaching they grew up under. IF you have not (since reaching the age of consent) become convicted by the Holy Spirit of your sin filled life, repented, and asked Jesus to come into your life as Lord and Savior.........you ARE NOT saved. Jesus said this.

Please search your heart and the Scriptures and set aside the teachings of men that must be responsible for leading you astray, and get right with God!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Decoherence is using the information to make it physical .
no, it's not.

decoherence is not physicality and coherence is not spirituality. decoherence is variable phase difference over a time interval.
photosynthesis in plants involves both coherent & decoherent energy transfer.
a laser is coherent light. a light bulb is decoherent light.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Luke 4:5
And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

Wait, what? Can Satan play around with time? Physical History?

Could anything that sounds borrowed in the Bible be from Satan knowing it would happen and tried to discredit it?
satan can do only what the LORD allows Him to do.. WHEN the LORD allows him to do it.. The LORD can and does retrain satan from doing anything satan wants to do..

Also satan could have shown Jesus the kingdoms of the world in a vision.. Not necessary to stop time and take Jesus all over the earth to show Him all the Kingdoms of the earth..