Should a Christian tithe, what does the Bible say

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Danny1988

Jun 24, 2018
here:

which, actually you said if you weren't making "lots more" money you are a loser, and implied doom.
so you were kind of saying not just poverty, but middle class too.
'
lots more $$$' really kind implies you're position is that only the materially rich are not losers; only the rich are approved by God.
Please go and read the parable of the talents, then come back and tell me what God does to those who don't bare fruit and use the money God gives them to make more so they can be a blessing to the poor.

You haven't understood what the parable means, it's not talking about being greedy and saving your money to buy a Ferrari Dino like some here are trying to push. It's about baring fruit (making money) to use to help the poor. Guys please find yourself a good shepherd to guide you. You're all a bunch of lost sheep

N

NoNameMcgee

danny... your vision is so clouded right now

first of all you do not understand

we are saved by Jesus

we are not saved by our own walk

His righteousness imputed to me <- is why im justified

works of righteousness im used to do (His works in me producing fruit) <- i will be rewarded for

works of the flesh <- will burn with my flesh

you are so wrapped up in your false doctrine

you have actually lied about members here (brothers and sisters in Christ.... Gods adopted children) while pushing false beliefs

and youre vision is so clouded youre refusing reproof

-
lay all this ridiculous works salvation nonsense at Gods feet

pray for Him to allow you to see what He wishes for you to see

ask for truth

even if it hurts or embarrasses you

leave this awful decieved pastors teachings

go back to the word without additional outside influence

you are indeed in error

J

jaybird88

Dear Sir, please don't be deceived. God doesn't need hippies who can't even feed themselves to build His Kingdom, He needs laborers for the harvest is great but the laborers are few.
He want's people who have earned some serious money to feed the poor and pay for missionaries, a person living in poverty is useless to God. He can't use them for anything, they just place an even greater burden on His people. They represent more mouths to feed.
explain what you need this money for? how does it work?
the Lord provides what we need. you want food gro a garden, raise livestock, go fishing. yes you need someothing to get started but you dont need lots and lots of it.
you need missionaries? why not share the word with those in your community, let the Christian churches in the other communities worry about their own people.
you still havent addressed the life of poverty John. that example leads to Satan? how exactly?

N

NoNameMcgee

1 cor

6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

N

NoNameMcgee

we are saved by Jesus

works of righteousness im used to do (His works in me producing fruit) <- i will be rewarded for

you have actually lied about members here (brothers and sisters in Christ.... Gods adopted children) while pushing false beliefs

-

ask for truth

you are indeed in error
whoops

your* not youre

goodness ... this phone

Danny1988

Jun 24, 2018
Your ridiculous and insulting tirades have been reported to the moderators.
So it's OK for you to inslut me as much as you like and when I call you out on it you run off and complain. That's just great, I wish you the best in life

Danny1988

Jun 24, 2018

we are saved by Jesus

-

ask for truth

you are indeed in error
What about "faith without works is dead" do we just ignore that scripture?

N

NoNameMcgee

good works are a product of genuine faith<- result of

not requirement for

james is written admonishing men for choosing favorites <- the rich
and giving an example of what we as (saved already) members of the body ought to walk like

wether we have 1 fruit
10 fruit
50 fruit
500 fruit

doesnt make us more or less saved

it makes us a more or less effective witness before men... not God

He doesnt need proof to see who He has and has not made new

MEN do

J

jaybird88

was that the same James that said:

James 2:5
Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him?

poor of this world would mean what exactly?

Danny1988

Jun 24, 2018
was that the same James that said:

James 2:5
Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him?

poor of this world would mean what exactly?
You didn't acknowledge the meaning of the scripture I sited, you just went and quoted an entirely unrelated one. I'm not sure what comparison you are trying to draw between the two

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
So it's OK for you to inslut me as much as you like and when I call you out on it you run off and complain. That's just great, I wish you the best in life
Adult: takes responsibility for one's own actions.

N

NoNameMcgee

mark 4

3 Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow:

4 And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.

5 And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:

6 But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.

7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.

8 And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.

14 The sower soweth the word.

15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

called but not chosen <- no saving faith
not born again.... no root

their hearts were not transformed but rejected the seed
they would reject Him the moment they hear of the truth

16 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;

17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

again no root... not born again
no enduring faith

trials and tribulations were enough to prove they did not have a saving faith

18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,

19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

no saving faith... they turn from the knowledge of God to jump back into a life of living in and justifying sin and worldly pleasures instead of accepting they are wicked and need Him

(like the reprobate)

never born again

Romans 1
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

theeeese are born again sons/daughters of God

and unlike demons who know of Him but have no faith IN Him

there is fruit due to being rooted IN Him

(born again by grace through faith.... not works)

1 peter

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

we are of those who no doubt continue in the faith

1 john 2
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

not those who fall away into unbelief

hebrews 10
39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

(... we are saved by grace through faith not of works.... when we are born again we are rooted IN Christ... and we are those who were called AND chosen.... not the reprobate... not those who dont believe... not those who believe in a false gospel.... we are saved already and we are those who He will in no wise cast out)

we arent saved after we produce fruit

or works

fruit is a result of being rooted in Christ (saved already and kept by His power)

now men can see good works and be decieved not knowing the heart
"oh this man seems to be saved"

he may have "believed" <- false faith
for awhile
done good works
and had brothers and sisters believe him to be part of us

a tare mixed in the wheat

this same mans faith may eventually manifest as unbelief <- rejects the gospel

to God

this man was never born again
never saved

to man
this man looked to have been with us for a time
then left us

the same way God doesnt need works to prove faith
God isnt decieved by good works

He already knows who is and is not His

and who He begins in
He continues in

He does not fail even one of His children danny

N

NoNameMcgee

forgive me for the repost danny
but i dont believe you read this

Danny1988

Jun 24, 2018
good works are a product of genuine faith<- result of

not requirement for

james is written admonishing men for choosing favorites <- the rich
and giving an example of what we as (saved already) members of the body ought to walk like

wether we have 1 fruit
10 fruit
50 fruit
500 fruit

doesnt make us more or less saved

it makes us a more or less effective witness before men... not God

He doesnt need proof to see who He has and has not made new

MEN do
Please don't misquote me, I never said we are saved by our works. All I said was that our works are an evidence that we have faith and if we are saved we will want to do good works in appreciation of receiving the greatest gift on earth

J

jaybird88

You didn't acknowledge the meaning of the scripture I sited, you just went and quoted an entirely unrelated one. I'm not sure what comparison you are trying to draw between the two
this one:
we need works, i believe in works. are there elderly people in your community? why not go spend a few hours with them, clean their gutters, mow their yard, or if nothing else just visit with them. how much money does that cost? you dont need money for works.

Danny1988

Jun 24, 2018
Adult: takes responsibility for one's own actions.
A part of being responsible as a Christian is to encourage each other to search the scriptures to see if what we are saying is Biblical. Nobody has bothered to demonstrate where I preached a false Gospel. Everyone's accusing me of preaching a works Gospel, only because I said I believe the parable of the talents refers to our stewardship of what god has given us. And that He expects us to give back to Him generously, and for that I have been put down by most people here.

N

NoNameMcgee

Please don't misquote me, I never said we are saved by our works. All I said was that our works are an evidence that we have faith and if we are saved we will want to do good works in appreciation of receiving the greatest gift on earth
im not here to point my finger

im here for fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ danny

i also do not believe works are required for salvation
the bible is crystal clear about this

but we are walking on dangerous ground to try and elevate one above another on account of their works

we have all fallen short

and it is God who provides the increase

i agree out of LOVE we are to examine our walk and give when we can

not only money

but time
energy
and what ever it is God has provided us that we can share
even information or wisdom

if i have offended you with my posts i am sorry

that was never my intention

Danny1988

Jun 24, 2018
this one:

we need works, i believe in works. are there elderly people in your community? why not go spend a few hours with them, clean their gutters, mow their yard, or if nothing else just visit with them. how much money does that cost? you dont need money for works.
I wish you would have put it so nicely the first time around, I was confused by the scriptures. That's a good thing to do, but we all have different gifts and means of helping others and contributing to the extension of the Kingdom of God