Should a Christian tithe, what does the Bible say

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
He won't tell you what he says, He is like a pharisee, who goes to scripture thinking it supports him, when in reality, (and I wonder) deep inside, he knows its not true. but he has hidden that truth,
I wonder if all the ones who just lecture and chastise constantly, then will not even answer simple questions, if they know how hollow and empty that makes their words.........

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
"I wonder if all the ones who just lecture and chastise constantly, then will not even answer simple questions, if they know how hollow and empty that makes their words.........

Hollow words to speak of ourselves, or hollow words to not speak of ourselves, the word decided this already..

Luke 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Proverbs 27:27 Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.
2 Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.

E

eternally-gratefull

I wonder if all the ones who just lecture and chastise constantly, then will not even answer simple questions, if they know how hollow and empty that makes their words.........
I think everyone see it but them

then again, when you think you so holy and righteous, and lower the demands of the law to fit your own righteousness, Those things tend to happen.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
"If you do, or do not keep the law you are under the curse
Not sure if you're confused or just ignorant.

Galatians 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law"

Information is straight forward, Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, but if we do not believe in Him we are not redeemed and still in our sins, and when we do sins, we show we do not believe in Him..

1 Corinthians 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
I share the scriptures, you resist them, and back in context, tithing was a tenth, now the law is not destroyed, but fulfilled, magnified, in the heart, and bearing that in mind, it makes sense to know how all examples of the entire new testament show the believers giving everything away.

Sep 4, 2012
If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest. Proverbs 29:9

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Everyone one seems to have their own opinion on what the scriptures mean, let every man be a liar and let God be true.

God didn't lead me to my Church by accident, it was an answer to prayer. I've been to so many Churches that I couldn't count them, it took a long time to find a faithful Bible believing Church.

My pastor told me that my knowledge of scripture is irrelevant to my salvation, all I need to be save is the gift of salvation which God freely gives to His elect. Jesus didn't say those who know the Bible best will be saved, that's just foolish pride and God is no respecter of smart people.
Hi Danny...We are told to read the Scriptures , it is food for our spirit , we grow on the word , how foolish it is to believe that the Scriptures are not necessary ...

2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth...

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
Isaiah 62:6 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the Lord, keep not silence,

Acts 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I share the scriptures, you resist them, and back in context, tithing was a tenth, now the law is not destroyed, but fulfilled, magnified, in the heart, and bearing that in mind, it makes sense to know how all examples of the entire new testament show the believers giving everything away.
you share Scripture about tithing and giving, then when simply asked if you do so, you refuse to answer.

this is a discussion forum, not a lecture and refuse to answer a question forum.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
Just preaching the words as supposed to do, it doesn't mean I am anything, holy righteous, nothing, and to not speak of myself, means I show I think I am nothing, because unless God said I did well, I consider I did not do well. Because, most who think they are saved, just will not be, and will be shocked to know they were not what they considewred themselves to be.

More on not doing sin, and how in the end times, people think it strange you do not run with them to the same excess of riot and speak evil of you, which is a good sign though as it fulfils what was told..

1 Peter 4:4 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
3 For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:
4 Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:
5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

2 Timothy 3:3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
"you share Scripture about tithing and giving, then when simply asked if you do so, you refuse to answer.

this is a discussion forum, not a lecture and refuse to answer a question forum."

I was asked by somebody who showed they disobey scripture to talk about themselves, and that shows it was not from a simple type of person, which I knew.

This is a forum about Christianity, which shows to be the last to be first, to sit lowest to be told go higher, and to be the least to be the greatest, speaking of yourself shows we want to be first, letting God speak for us, shows we believe His opinion and not mans or our own.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
Tithing is not a tenth, tithing is all great matters of the law..

"That is a complete corruption of Scripture."

Tithing was a tenth, tithing became the great matters of the law, that the tithers omitted

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
"Quote me where I have said that I give nothing. Quote me where I have advocated giving nothing."

You are quoted. Trying to make the commandment of God of no effect by your own tradition, is advocating giving nothing.
Twisted illogic crafted with the intent to attack the person. That's called an ad hominem attack and is logically unsound.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Tithing is not a tenth, tithing is all great matters of the law..

"That is a complete corruption of Scripture."

Tithing was a tenth, tithing became the great matters of the law, that the tithers omitted
Hogwash and codswollop.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
Hogwash and codswollop.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.