Should a Christian tithe, what does the Bible say

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
"A pharisee could quote the OT verbatim, I think they were proven to not know the OT pretty much at all..

I E one can have bible knowledge (know the words) yet not have bible knowledge (understand what they mean)"

Understanding is in one thing only, it is not in what you kmnow, it i in what you do, if you teach and do the commandments you have great understanding, and if you denyt them and then don't do them, you understand your own way only..

Psalm 111:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a goodunderstanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Job 28:28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

To reject the right ways of the Lord, is not very wise, to agree and do them is far better. The people show they do not know the judgement of the Lord, as evil men understand not judgement, but they that seek the Lord thirsting for righteousness understand all things..

Jeremiah 8:7 Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but my people know not the judgment of the Lord.
8 How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain.
9 The wise men are ashamed, they are dismayed and taken: lo, they have rejected the word of the Lord; and what wisdom is in them?

Proverbs 28:5 Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the Lord understand all things.

Matthew 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Philippians 1:11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Matthew 13:51 Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.
52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

Also, the ones who claim the one giving scriptures is wrong, and they themselves quote no scriptures, are only right in their own eyes, but it is still wise to give all you have to the poor t be the disciple of Christ and get far away from trying to be rich..

Proverbs 23:4 Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
"We also constantly help the poor, as I remember to do every day, with all we have as even reminded to do.."

"Are you still forsaking all that you have?"

Maybe read again.

Sep 4, 2012
"We also constantly help the poor, as I remember to do every day, with all we have as even reminded to do.."

"Are you still forsaking all that you have?"

Maybe read again.
That's not what I asked. Do you have a place to lay your head? You haven' forsaken all if you do. Right? Isn't that how you think?

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
I have no certain dwelling place, and that is how it was for Apostle Paul and all other Apostles, so it must be right, isn't that how you think?

1 Corinthians 4:11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I share the scriptures, you resist them, and back in context, tithing was a tenth, now the law is not destroyed, but fulfilled, magnified, in the heart, and bearing that in mind, it makes sense to know how all examples of the entire new testament show the believers giving everything away.
So explain how the purity law for a woman who has given birth is "fulfilled, magnified, in the heart"?
Explain how the law to stone an adulterer is "fulfilled, magnified, in the heart"?
Explain why you are promoting a false gospel as described by Paul who explained to the Galatians that both salvation and sanctification are by faith, not by the works of the Law?

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
Purity law fulfilled..

John 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

1 Corinthians 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

Law on adultery fulfilled by feeding those who do evil with good..

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

it is false to you, because you believe in doing nothing, giving nothing, and pretend you give anyway. The coveteousness as Christ testified about, those who receive their good now receive evil afterwards, and those who received evil receive good after..

Luke 16:14 And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.
15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.
17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
How are you going to achieve santification and salvation when you dont agree to save all poor from being poor, it's not called holiness, that example of Christ is to lay your life down, the devils way is to steal our life off of us, and to keep us elfish and greedy like him and lie that we will be fine when we disobey God, as seen in the garden of Eden, we did die for disobeying God, and nothing has changed, the devil still disputed through his ministers, and they obey nothing righteous of Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Sep 4, 2012
How are you going to achieve santification and salvation when you dont agree to save all poor from being poor, it's not called holiness, that example of Christ is to lay your life down, the devils way is to steal our life off of us, and to keep us elfish and greedy like him and lie that we will be fine when we disobey God, as seen in the garden of Eden, we did die for disobeying God, and nothing has changed, the devil still disputed through his ministers, and they obey nothing righteous of Christ.
The gospel is not trying to save all poor from being poor. That sounds like a works gospel.

Sep 4, 2012
I have no certain dwelling place, and that is how it was for Apostle Paul and all other Apostles, so it must be right, isn't that how you think?
No, I don't think there's any righteousness in not having a certain dwelling place.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
There is no such thing as a works gospel, there are just people who don't believe in doing a single thing like Jesus or all the Apostles. Slim excuse to label something as a works gospel, and freely show they just don't believe in any of those same works that the Apostles and Christ did..

John 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

Philippians 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
The entire scriptures are God, love, which is sharing, caring, preferring others before yourself, being focused like Christ, to do all through what we have in life, to give for another, this is God, and the opposite way of anti Christ, is a prosperity gospel, which is preached by the modern deceivers, and listened to by all the self seekers.

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Sep 4, 2012
There is no such thing as a works gospel, there are just people who don't believe in doing a single thing like Jesus or all the Apostles. Slim excuse to label something as a works gospel, and freely show they just don't believe in any of those same works that the Apostles and Christ did..
A works gospel is going through motions that a person thinks works righteousness that are not what the spirit is saying to do. It's idolatry.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
Idolatry is your reasoning, which is to not give away all to the poor, saying we dont need to do works, and then being coveteous..

Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

2 Peter 2:2 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
Many follow your pernicious ways, that's why everybody supported you today and yesterday, but you do not realise what has been testified and done. All of these many scriptures being shown are not for nothing, they needed to be resisted and made relevant, and fulfilled..

2 Peter 2:10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.
17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
All the warnings and prophecies for the ending times, show the very loud message if we should be as this whole selfish world, or escape that corruption if we sense even in the slightest, that we are about to lose our soul because the devil is in power now tempting all to hell with him before he is gone forever.

Here is the counsel to you, believe in the heart to the righteousness of Christ, all the word is Christ, all the examples, and His way is to call His poor, maybe it makes sense to love them too, instead of loving ourselves..

Daniel 4:27 Wherefore, O king, let my counsel be acceptable unto thee, and break off thy sins by righteousness, and thine iniquities by shewing mercy to the poor; if it may be a lengthening of thy tranquillity.

1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
it is false to you, because you believe in doing nothing, giving nothing, and pretend you give anyway.
You are making false accusations based on information you do not have. Further, you have been challenged to provide support for your assertions, and you have failed miserably.

It only remains to be seen whether you will repent of your sin or will own it and repent of it. I see no reason to continue responding to a liar.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
"You are making false accusations based on information you do not have. Further, you have been challenged to provide support for your assertions, and you have failed miserably.

It only remains to be seen whether you will repent of your sin or will own it and repent of it. I see no reason to continue responding to a liar."

You resist giving all away, and do not support all scriptures that have been shared showing giving all away. It is a fact.

You try to show we are not under a magnified fulfilled law, it is fact. You were answered and it is fact and fulfilled.

I am pleased you will finally be quiet now, and show your wisdom.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
I would also like to say, if I am wrong that you agree to forsake all we have and distribute to the poor, as seen in the entire bible, I will be happily wrong, and you do the right thing.

Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.