Should a Christian tithe, what does the Bible say

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
It is not taught to call people fools, it is taught love, patience, kindness, meekness, but people prefer none of that, and because they see words written that suit their way of thinking more, they choose that instead.
I would not call you or anyone a fool.

I will say it is foolish to be lecturing others on tithing and giving, but ( unless I missed it ) refusing to simply say that you practice what you preach,

that is foolishness.

Oct 6, 2017
Tithing is not required of Christians, it was OT law. What is required of the lukewarm Christians is to do much less. What is required of the hot Christians, is to lose their life to find it again. Definately not as the Jews would say, to tithe, or to disobey God and be cast away, and not as the modern seducers especially, who say to do even less than the ones who were cast away. But, do as Jesus says, Luke 14:16-33 Mark 10:18-30, unless you forsake all you have you cannot even be His disciple. Should hear God or man, let all decide..

Matthew 10:39
He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 19:29
And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Mark 8:35
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Luke 9:24
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
Why do you assume that those of us who rightly divide the word of God and see a clear distinction between the Old Testament and the New Testament are somehow not giving? What makes you think that we are not giving our lives for the cause of Christ? What leads you to believe that we haven't forsaken the things of this world in obedience to scripture? Furthermore, how is being obedient to the Old Testament Law of tithing which was for the nation of Israel, have any thing whatsoever to do with the church, which is in a different dispensation. Are you just going to completely ignore the overwhelming evidence presented in this thread by numerous contributors concerning the tithe and its purpose and to whom and what it was given? Are you even going to explore the possibility that your traditional teaching my be outdated, or are you just going to continue to post cherry-picked verses trying to justify your position? You have this misconceived notion that those of us who understand the difference between tithing and giving are some how out of touch with God. Nothing could further from the truth! As a Christian following New Testament principles and giving to my church, I find that I am giving far more that I did while under the false pretense of a 10% tithe, and guess what, I'm doing it CHEERFULY!!!
At least study the subject and try not to go into your study with a preconceived idea, rather, seek the truth. Remember, "Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him GIVE; not grudgingly, or of NECESSITY: for God loveth a cheerful giver." (2 Cor. 9:7)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Why do you assume that those of us who rightly divide the word of God and see a clear distinction between the Old Testament and the New Testament are somehow not giving? What makes you think that we are not giving our lives for the cause of Christ? What leads you to believe that we haven't forsaken the things of this world in obedience to scripture? Furthermore, how is being obedient to the Old Testament Law of tithing which was for the nation of Israel, have any thing whatsoever to do with the church, which is in a different dispensation. Are you just going to completely ignore the overwhelming evidence presented in this thread by numerous contributors concerning the tithe and its purpose and to whom and what it was given? Are you even going to explore the possibility that your traditional teaching my be outdated, or are you just going to continue to post cherry-picked verses trying to justify your position? You have this misconceived notion that those of us who understand the difference between tithing and giving are some how out of touch with God. Nothing could further from the truth! As a Christian following New Testament principles and giving to my church, I find that I am giving far more that I did while under the false pretense of a 10% tithe, and guess what, I'm doing it CHEERFULY!!!
At least study the subject and try not to go into your study with a preconceived idea, rather, seek the truth. Remember, "Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him GIVE; not grudgingly, or of NECESSITY: for God loveth a cheerful giver." (2 Cor. 9:7)
Well said. :)

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
God added great riches on earth to Solomon specifically because he did not ask for it. See 1 Kings 3:10-13

So one would be a fool to accuse him of greed without cause. Simply being rich is not cause to accuse.
Did other rich men ask for a heart to judge their people? Solomon is the son of David, and Christ came from that lineage of David, and Solomon had a thousand wives and concubines, having all those riches and palaces, and they were the ruin of him, for he turned to their devils at his ending, so we see what riches beget.

1 Kings 11:3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away hisheart.
4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that hiswives turned away his heart after other gods: and hisheart was not perfect with the Lord his God, as was the heart of David his father.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Did other rich men ask for a heart to judge their people? Solomon is the son of David, and Christ came from that lineage of David, and Solomon had a thousand wives and concubines, having all those riches and palaces, and they were the ruin of him, for he turned to their devils at his ending, so we see what riches beget.

1 Kings 11:3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away hisheart.
4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that hiswives turned away his heart after other gods: and hisheart was not perfect with the Lord his God, as was the heart of David his father.
That doesn't say his heart was after riches, or the earthly power of his kingdom. Those two things were specifically things God blessed Solomon with because his heart had been for wisdom instead of those things.
Of course he is not Christ and only a man, who, like all other men, fall short of the glory of God. I was only saying that I think you were critical of Him for things in which God did not find fault. If you look for evil in man you will always find it. Someone we know said just as much....

Proverbs 11:27
Whoever diligently seeks good seeks favor, but evil comes to him who searches for it.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
The answers are, you give the same excuses as all others here on this posting, as giving cheerfully. Was it cheerful for the young rich man to actually obey Christ, in deed, not in word, and give ALL he possessed away? No it was sorrowful to him, but cheerful if he didn't need to do it, as you use for an excuse, and just be like muslim belief of giving 2 percent, or even better still, give nothing if you so wish.

Tithing and all the laws of the covenant, are not only for Israel, they stand for the entire world, otherwise why would God give a righteous law to follow, and then make it only for certain people, and afterwards to also abolish its existence and use altogether, that is non sense.

Yes I ignore the evidence of self opinion, if you can give scriptures to show how Gods laws were disappeared, as if they were never there, try to do it. Or just talk like everyone else has, they gave nothing more than you are giving.

God loves a cheerful giver,. who gives like the examples we have, nobody is an example of giving tiny amounts and being cheerful, all are examples of giving all and counting it dung, spoiling of their goods as better reward in heaven, no certain dwelling place as Christ to have nowhere to lay His head, and you confirm why this is of no interest to yourselves, because it is too long ago, and in your times, those examples mean nothing to you any more, but they are here and alive and you cannot ever ignore them, nor would be given chance to look away, and if you do not give to every man as have need, there is no cheerfulness in you, only mercilessness

Luke 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.
29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
That doesn't say his heart was after riches, or the earthly power of his kingdom. Those two things were specifically things God blessed Solomon with because his heart had been for wisdom instead of those things.
Of course he is not Christ and only a man, who, like all other men, fall short of the glory of God. I was only saying that I think you were critical of Him for things in which God did not find fault. If you look for evil in man you will always find it. Someone we know said just as much....

Whoever diligently seeks good seeks favor, but evil comes to him who searches for it.
His heart was like all on earth that are not perfected by Christ, taken away by other gods, and the god of this world lures us through these things. the purpose of Christ telling us to forsake all we have was told, read again, it is so we can finish what we started, because as seen in Solomon, he could not finish what was started due to the things he had of riches, palaces and 1000 wives and concubines, the rich mans life and wishes and his excuses in his own conceit these days..

Luke 14:16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:
17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.
18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.
19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.
20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.
21 So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.
22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.
23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
24 For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper.
25 And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,
26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
The scriptures speak better than me, unlike you, preferring your own "good" words, yes well said indeed, all prophesied about for this corrupted ending, you only fulfil the lot..

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

Highly esteemed with each other, only equals to one thing, then be it, because if you are unjust in the least, yes you are unjust in much, I hope you love the many scriptures, I do..

Luke 16:9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.
10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.
11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
12 And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?
13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
14 And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.
15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017

Are you saying I was critical of God, Him, or you are quoting Solomon Him, as God. Just to clarify?

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
To live with Christ, is to not live for yourself. Unless you forsake all you have, lands houses etc, we cant even begin to be the disciple of Christ, this was not able to be done by the rich men. After we have done as examples, (all believers did the same in scripture) and as commanded, as it is a commandment, then we work specifically so we have to give to those in need. Then, there is no set amount, but to give as we have, not small amounts, so we are cheerful and can be covetous, but give as every man has need, and still be cheerful even when defrauded..

Ephesians 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

1 Corinthians 10:33
Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Acts 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.

Acts 4:35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

Luke 18:18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.
21 And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.
22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.
23 And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich.
24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

1 Peter 2:19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Just a minor correction for you too. God was in Christ. It is not a lie. Christ is God. All are fine.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
It's sad when someone doesn't correctly interpret the grammatical structure of a sentence and instead argues for its most elementary understanding.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
It's sad when someone doesn't correctly interpret the grammatical structure of a sentence and instead argues for its most elementary understanding.
You are making false accusations based on information you do not have. Further, you have been challenged to provide support for your assertions, and you have failed miserably.

It only remains to be seen whether you will repent of your sin or will own it and repent of it. I see no reason to continue responding to a liar.
Is it sad when you cant even keep to your own words, how much more you show you cant keep to any word that Christ says, very sad...

Psalm 35:16 With hypocritical mockers in feasts, they gnashed upon me with their teeth.

2 Peter 2:13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

Jude 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

Unless you repented of your own words, and now found reason to respond :)

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
still waiting on you to say if you tithe and give or not. you speak of giving up all you have, but have yet to say if you personally do what you tell others to do.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Tithing and all the laws of the covenant, are not only for Israel, they stand for the entire world, otherwise why would God give a righteous law to follow, and then make it only for certain people, and afterwards to also abolish its existence and use altogether, that is non sense.

Physical circumcision.
It's indisputably part of the Law of the Sinai covenant, and you've already been shown Galatians 5. It's indisputably not part of the new covenant.

So.

And this is no new thing for God: consider food. Before the flood, He gave all seed bearing plants. To Noah He said He gives all flesh that moves on the earth. Then to the children of Israel in the covenant He made with them at Horeb He gave distinctions to them for meat, clean and unclean. Then, Christ took away the enmity and we know all foods to be clean. And in the future?
Already tour premise is destroyed.

The kingdom is not food and drink. And it isn't a righteousness of works, but of faith. If you say you tithe but don't tithe according to the commandments of the Law, you're not tithing. You're doing something else. If you say the Law of Moses is still your law, and you don't keep it, and you change the definition of it, and you neglect parts of it, what are you doing? You're not keeping that Law, you're doing something different.

So don't call it what it isn't. Call it what it is, so what you say will not be false, but true.

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
"Physical circumcision.
It's indisputably part of the Law of the Sinai covenant, and you've already been shown Galatians 5. It's indisputably not part of the new covenant. "

Galatians 5 shows to love our neighbour as ourselves. It shows they that are Christs, have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. We live and walk in the spirit.

Colossians 2 shows, we are circumcised, with the circumcision made without hands, and buried with Him in baptism. It transforms into this way physically, as told, it is in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ.

Romans 2 shows, if we break the law, that same law, nothing else to remind us of, our circumcision is made uncircumcision, but if we keep the righteousness of that same law to Israel(in it's entirety) we are counted as circumcised, fulfilling the law, even as Christ said, this is what it means for all to be until fulfilled.. Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Those who transgress the law, are judged by those who keep it, as the Jew is inwardly, circumcision of the heart, in the spirit, so we have praise of God not men, which was the wrongness about the first circumcision. So we are circumcised away from the flesh, even though you consider it is not physical circumcision, it is even more physical than that first method.

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Galatians 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Romans 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.
26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Cleanliness laws continue, to all who consider it unclean, it is unclean.Nothing ceased at all, you only confirm everything more and more.

Romans 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

The law of Moses can hardly be my law, when it is weak through the flesh, but the law of Christ has no such weakness in it. Therefore tithing must be seen through that law of Christ, as it was, when we see they gave all away, but those who are self seeking gainers cant see that can they :)

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
"The kingdom is not food and drink. And it isn't a righteousness of works, but of faith. If you say you tithe but don't tithe according to the commandments of the Law, you're not tithing. You're doing something else."

Not very good teaching by not giving more accurate details of what Christ testified for us what His Kingdom of Heaven is.

The devil comes to take out of the heart, those who do not have an honest and good heart. They don't understand it, because understanding is in keeping the righteousness of Christ. Their faith is not thirsting for righteousness, it is small, any persecutions and they are done. The thorns that came about when this world was cursed through the devil, are the riches and cares of this life, all the things you are defending for three days so far, but in that good ground, they have no care for any of those things, they thirst for righteousness, they do only righteousness, they have no care for riches and this life, they forsook all, and their existence we see is bearing fruits.

Matthew 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

This word of the Lord, is heard by the Lords sheep and the devils goats, who all do iniquity, and the righteous doers shine forth in their Fathers Kingdom, as again, you must go and sell all you have to buy the field where you found that treasure(yes your heart really is where your treasure is) and you must sell all you have to buy that one goodly pearl.

Matthew 13:7 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Jul 10, 2018
Yes Christians are expected to tithe, but I don't believe that it's a mandatory requirement for salvation but your rewards in Heaven will be far less if you don't tithe. The Bible says that when you sow your seed into the Kingdom of God then a blessing will be given to you in return, it also says that not tithing is robbing God.

Malachi 3:6-12 (MEV)

"For I am the Lord, I do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed. From the days of your fathers you have gone away from My ordinances and have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you, says the Lord of Hosts. But you say, “How shall we return?”
Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me.
But you say, “How have we robbed You?”
In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with a curse, your whole nation, for you are robbing Me. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this, says the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing, that there will not be room enough to receive it. I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, so that it will not destroy the fruit of your ground, and the vines in your field will not fail to bear fruit, says the Lord of Hosts."

Malachi 3:17-18 (MEV)

"They shall be Mine, says the Lord of Hosts, on the day when I make up My jewels. And I will spare them as a man spares his son who serves him. Then you will again discern between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him."

prophecyuk

Dec 20, 2017
Great, expected to tithe, and the rewards in Heaven will be far less , and just maybe, also the entrance to heaven would be far less easy, for being less willing to tithe/give.

1 Timothy 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Yes Christians are expected to tithe, but I don't believe that it's a mandatory requirement for salvation but your rewards in Heaven will be far less if you don't tithe. The Bible says that when you sow your seed into the Kingdom of God then a blessing will be given to you in return, it also says that not tithing is robbing God.

Malachi 3:6-12 (MEV)

"For I am the Lord, I do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed. From the days of your fathers you have gone away from My ordinances and have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you, says the Lord of Hosts. But you say, “How shall we return?”
Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me.
But you say, “How have we robbed You?”
In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with a curse, your whole nation, for you are robbing Me. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this, says the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing, that there will not be room enough to receive it. I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, so that it will not destroy the fruit of your ground, and the vines in your field will not fail to bear fruit, says the Lord of Hosts."

Malachi 3:17-18 (MEV)

"They shall be Mine, says the Lord of Hosts, on the day when I make up My jewels. And I will spare them as a man spares his son who serves him. Then you will again discern between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him."
Malachi was written under the old covenant of Sinai, not the new covenant in Christ's blood. It is relevant to Israel, not to Christians. There are no Levites to receive the tithe, and no storehouse to store it.

In the New Testament, generous giving is encouraged; tithing is not.