Should Christians be allowed to own a gun legally?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Praise the Lord He spared your life through providing you such a skill set!
"The arms of the wicked shall be broken, but the LORD upholdeth the righteous."

It's never a good thing for evil scum to take innocent life like that murderer did to your uncle. Thank God you put a stop to any further crimes and were able to save the other family members' lives.

For many years I have encouraged men, women and children to get training. There's more chance that unarmed combat will be necessary than firearms. I'm not against any proper moral use of weapons. However, sometimes all you have is what you've got. At contact distances, where these things usually happen, you have hands, feet, elbows and knees as blunt trauma weapons to start with.

Did you happen to write a book on the event?
No

MichaelR

Jan 28, 2018
I think most of us. Have very limited perspectives. We can only see an hear so much. And from what we do take in. Only can recall a fraction of that. God has given us all are own uniqueness. Each with there own gifts. I think it is wise to allow freedom of choice. For only God can and does know all. And every man and women should have the choice to have or not have guns.

Feb 17, 2022
Admirable just wanting to stop the threat.

For your consideration, I use Tranqulizer guns to knock out intrurders. I do not have to kill someone attacking my family just put them to sleep for the Police.
Are those available in reliable semiautos now?[/QUOTE]
Wow, thanks for that idea. That is a kind thing to do and saves you from blood guilt.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Are those available in reliable semiautos now?
Wow, thanks for that idea. That is a kind thing to do and saves you from blood guilt.[/QUOTE]
That's not my choice friend. That was the choice of the fella that I was asking. I don't particularly think a tranquillizer is a choice I would recommend, but we all make our own decisions as to what weapons to use. Granted, not every violent encounter requires lethal force.

Feb 17, 2022
It doesn't bother me that others in the forum use different versions/ paraphrases.
However, God's Word tells us in numerous places that He will preserve His Word forever, Psalm 12:6,7.
He wasn't talking about the "original autographs" as many claim to refer back to.
They have turned to dust with age. However, it must still exist in some copy. Since the Bible versions are different so as not to violate copyright infringement law and to make the publishers money ( Revelation 22 ending); I had to decide which Bible is the correct one?
After studying the subject, I am convinced that we haven't been without one for 400 years. The N.T. is based upon over 500 copies and portions. I'm posting a video just for you, unless someone else is interested too. I have more advanced teaching available upon request.
Quality can be set up to 1080p or lower if your computer buffers. Enjoy it and pass it along my Canadian friend.

Thank you for that, because it is very relevant. These are the type of techniques that can be used on people WHO DO NOT READ THE BIBLE. As the days grow more wicked, this is how people will be deceived into following the New World Order agenda. They will be people who have never been spiritual or practiced Bible reading to the point where they cannot be tricked. 2 Corinthians 11:14 I listen very closely to someone who profess to be "of God/god" because there are many gods. 1 Corinthians 8:5 The great deception is coming!

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Thank you for that, because it is very relevant. These are the type of techniques that can be used on people WHO DO NOT READ THE BIBLE. As the days grow more wicked, this is how people will be deceived into following the New World Order agenda. They will be people who have never been spiritual or practiced Bible reading to the point where they cannot be tricked. 2 Corinthians 11:14 I listen very closely to someone who profess to be "of God/god" because there are many gods. 1 Corinthians 8:5 The great deception is coming!
Yes, I hope you were blessed. I think they did a good job of explaining and proving our Bible is true.

I used to listen to a pastor for a while and as time went on, he would claim to correct the translation and add a paragraph to define a couple words. I am not a Greek speaker and neither was he. However, I have the same tools on hand as he and know that language translation doesn't work like he was portraying. God correctly preserved His words in spite of the Devil's attempts to cast shade on Him since he deceived Eve. Isn't it good to know that we can trust God's Word? 📖🙂👍

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
I think most of us. Have very limited perspectives. We can only see an hear so much. And from what we do take in. Only can recall a fraction of that. God has given us all are own uniqueness. Each with there own gifts. I think it is wise to allow freedom of choice. For only God can and does know all. And every man and women should have the choice to have or not have guns.
That is true. Just because one has a right to own a gun, does not mean one is obligated to own one. At the end of the day it is a personal choice. But as a canadian who has been shot at twice. I support Americans second amendment right to bear arms.