should Christians be racists?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Locoponydirtman

But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and strife and disputes about the Law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. Reject a factious man after a first and second warning,
Titus 3:9‭-‬10 NASB
https://bible.com/bible/100/tit.3.9-10.NASB
Notice the word factious, which means a person given to separation of factions, and cliques. Race, heritages, and geneologies are factions to the fleshly. Have nothing to do with such things. Means don't get involved in such things at all. These things are the antithesis of what we are called to in Christ which is unity.
There are no factions in Christ Jesus.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise.
Galatians 3:28‭-‬29 NASB
https://bible.com/bible/100/gal.3.28-29.NASB

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Jews are not a race, though.
Much confusion about this here.

In Esther, people are "becoming" jews. a.k.a converting to the religion.
But then again, some people are "born" jews, because they are the descendants of the patriarchs. Tribe of Levi, Benjamin, Judah. etc.

ANother common thing is, we assume the 12 tribes are all Jewish. Thats not biblical actually. I know we use that in our language today. But biblically speaking, the southern kingdom of Judah, and the tribes there were considered jews, such as Benjamin, Levi (remnant) and Judah.
The rest were scattered and often in idolatry, the "kingdom of Israel". The two even went to war with each other, Kingdom of Israel vs Kingdom of Judah.
I understand today people just say "jews" about any tribe. Its just the way we speak today.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Racist not go to heaven

Verse 43

I was stranger, and ye not took me in

Not love stranger is racist and not go to heaven

Matt 25
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
If a racist acknowledges to God that their racism is sin and they believe Jesus and trust in the atonement He secured for their salvation they will be forgiven their sin of racism...

There is only one unforgivable sin.. And racism is not it..

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
"I never knew what my racial mix was, does that make make me less saved?"

This does not make sense, because humans are species, not a race.

Dogs are a species, beagles are a race. Humans are species, Indo-Europeans are a race.

There is nothing political or ideological about this, this is nature. Ideological, politically correct is rather your statement, IMHO. But its illogical and untrue.
I have never heard of any animal species separated and labeled as different races.

The Bible says there are different ethnicities, and "nations" but does not even use the word "race".
Race is a social, manmade, construct, and has no business in Christian thought and action.

The Bible says we are all one blood. We all came from Adam.

Preacher is right. Races and racism is a result of Darwin evolutionary thought.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Much confusion about this here.

In Esther, people are "becoming" jews. a.k.a converting to the religion.
But then again, some people are "born" jews, because they are the descendants of the patriarchs. Tribe of Levi, Benjamin, Judah. etc.

ANother common thing is, we assume the 12 tribes are all Jewish. Thats not biblical actually. I know we use that in our language today. But biblically speaking, the southern kingdom of Judah, and the tribes there were considered jews, such as Benjamin, Levi (remnant) and Judah.
The rest were scattered and often in idolatry, the "kingdom of Israel". The two even went to war with each other, Kingdom of Israel vs Kingdom of Judah.
I understand today people just say "jews" about any tribe. Its just the way we speak today.
To say that all homo sapiens sapiens is one race is one extreme.

But to make it too detailed like "Jews are one race and Greek another" is another extreme.

There are like 5 or so races in the world today.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Thats my point. Species is not race. Races are inside species.
Bible doesn't talk about this scientific stuff.

Its just "nations". Greeks are a nation, Jews are a nation, Romanians are a nation, Russians are a nation. etc.
God made all the nations on the earth of ONE BLOOD! That means no matter the nation, its human. The human race, or human species if you so prefer.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Bible doesn't talk about this scientific stuff.

Its just "nations". Greeks are a nation, Jews are a nation, Romanians are a nation, Russians are a nation. etc.
God made all the nations on the earth of ONE BLOOD! That means no matter the nation, its human. The human race, or human species if you so prefer.
Yes, bible does not talk about races, because Bible was written in the middle eastern area, there was just one race. But the OP is talking about him being racially mixed and asking if it influences his salvation - no, it does not.

I am not sure why American Christians need to dismiss the concept of races, maybe because of their mixed culture and because of a huge problem with racism in the U.S. history. But political correctness is not truth, neither are good intentions.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Thats my point. Species is not race. Races are inside species.
And my point is "race" is a fabricated term.

Animals species are not separated by "race" within a species. All dogs are dogs, they are separated by the type of BREED they are, but they are all dogs, and can BREED with each other. Their breed is characterized by different TRAITS.

Ridiculous to say they are classified as different races within the species.

Same goes for humans.

We are ALL in fact ONE race.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
And my point is "race" is a fabricated term.

Animals species are not separated by "race" within a species. All dogs are dogs, they are separated by the type of BREED they are, but they are all dogs, and can BREED with each other. Their breed is characterized by different TRAITS.

Ridiculous to say they are classified as different races within the species.

Same goes for humans.

We are ALL in fact ONE race.
You basically exchanged the word "species" for the word "race" and the word "race" for the word "breed".

Ok, in your language - homo sapiens sapiens is one race, Europoid and Negroid are breeds.

:D

I wonder, if we will have breedism, then.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
You basically exchanged the word "species" for the word "race" and the word "race" for the word "breed".

Ok, in your language - homo sapiens sapiens is one race, Europoid and Negroid are breeds.

:D

I wonder, if we will have breedism, then.
That's right. How people BREED determines the traits their children have.

Breed is a noun and a vowel. And race is definitely interchangeable with species. Why do you think we are called the human race if there were different races within the race!?

The term has been bastardized by those looking to divide humanity.

We are all of the human race with differing traits due to our ethnicity. But our ethnicity doesn't change our race.

To illustrate how silly it is to divide people by race, at one time people thought there we an Irish race, and an English race. And a German race.

I am all 3!!! Can't you see there is only one race? And therefore racism is a social construct devised by the enemy to divide humanity?

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
That's right. How people BREED determines the traits their children have.

Breed is a noun and a vowel. And race is definitely interchangeable with species. Why do you think we are called the human race if there were different races within the race!?

The term has been bastardized by those looking to divide humanity.

We are all of the human race with differing traits due to our ethnicity. But our ethnicity doesn't change our race.

To illustrate how silly it is to divide people by race, at one time people thought there we an Irish race, and an English race. And a German race.

I am all 3!!! Can't you see there is only one race? And therefore racism is a social construct devised by the enemy to divide humanity?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(biology)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hi Calibob,

Quite a fascinating discussion you've started here. :) It most definitely isn't what I thought it would be when I first read the title--very interesting twist on racism and Christianity!

As a fellow adoptee, I can very much relate to having people care A LOT about one's racial background and (supposedly bad or impure) bloodlines, even if when a person doesn't know anything about their background.

Fortunately, God doesn't give a rip about our unknowns (after all, HE knows all of our unknowns) and in fact, tells us that He knew us even before He knit us together in our mother's wombs: Jeremiah 1:5 -- "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; before you were born, I set you apart."

So although some of us might not know who or where we came from, God does, and He built you as a dear brother in Christ and an important part of His kingdom! :)

God bless you.

U

UnderGrace

"Race" is a social construct created by slave traders in the 1400's, it is not a biological construct, we all bleed red.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
So this thread is now an argument between people who believe the same thing, but come to it from different angles. Why not just agree and leave it at that? This bickering is petty and fruitless.
Dividing on the topic of not dividing seems counterproductive.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Acts 17:26 He made also of one blood every nation of men, to dwell upon all the face of the earth -- having ordained times before appointed, and the bounds of their dwelling

Nuff said

M

Miri

If you are racist you are sure going to not enjoy eternity at all!

Rev 7 v 9

After these things I looked and behold, a great multitude which no
one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples and tongues, standing
before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with
palm branches in their hands.

Nuff said!

M

Miri

Hey maybe we should start a Nuff said thread!

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Hi Calibob,

Quite a fascinating discussion you've started here. :) It most definitely isn't what I thought it would be when I first read the title--very interesting twist on racism and Christianity!

As a fellow adoptee, I can very much relate to having people care A LOT about one's racial background and (supposedly bad or impure) bloodlines, even if when a person doesn't know anything about their background.

Fortunately, God doesn't give a rip about our unknowns (after all, HE knows all of our unknowns) and in fact, tells us that He knew us even before He knit us together in our mother's wombs: Jeremiah 1:5 -- "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; before you were born, I set you apart."

So although some of us might not know who or where we came from, God does, and He built you as a dear brother in Christ and an important part of His kingdom! :)

God bless you.
I know most people won't admit it to others but many Christians are very racist. They fail to recognize Gods statutes of adoption and kindness to foreigners' and feel that salvation is mostly for the Caucasian branch of Noah's family tree so my endeavor was to point out what nonsense this very human trait is. People also thought Moses was Egyptian because his hair was nappy and his skin was dark. I don't often let people get my Goat. I don't let 'em know where it is but I'll make a lot of noise when they get close to it.