Should I become a Catholic?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Miri

Catholic churches seem much more stable and unified.

You could try the army if you want stability and rules.
It’s not a good reason though to pick a religion or church.

Jesus came to set us free, not to be shacked by man made rules and religion.

J

jaybird88

99% of everyone here is anti-Catholic so your not going to get a very honest response? would you ask the ku klux clan to teach you about black people?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I’m not sure if I completely believe the Bible. I think I believe he lived and died. I pray. My thumb is dry and cracked right now so I will probably respond more tomorrow.
I can not emphasize how important it is to choose to believe. You need to start reading the bible, asking Him to help you believe. It is the VERY BEST thing you can do not only for you but for all the lives you touch. Please consider Him not just an option but your only real choice. Not believing has catastrophic consequences but believing has GOOD eternal, everlasting, value.

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy

Should you be looking for positive reasons in becoming Catholic? As has been stated, you are not going to find very many posts in this forum.

If it were me? I'd "scout" around, fast and pray over the matter!

You may find, that there are some things, you might like, that Catholics do. Just as there may be some things you like that other denominations do.

Point being, if you believe in your heart that Jesus died, and the Spirit of God raised him from the dead? You are saved!
The where you choose in the assembling of like-minded believers? Becomes a question only you can answer.

Many of the posts in this forum, concern the preservation, perseverance, and perfecting, or spiritual maturing, of believers.

Apr 15, 2017
Yes, you should become a Catholic, or at least attend their Church, and then spread the truth anytime you can of what the truth of the scriptures state, until they boot you out of their Church, but it was well worth it.

Like Paul that went in to the Jewish synagogues, and preached the truth of Jesus.

I think it would be neat if all the Protestants started going to Catholic Churches, every Protestant, and preach, and preach the truth, and the chaos we could put upon them as we go to their mass, and go to their Bible studies, and proclaim the truth until they are at their wits end, and the assembly in an uproar not knowing what to believe, and doubting the Catholic faith.

But then again it might not be such a good idea, for the Protestants might make them mad, and the Pope and Vatican call for persecution of those who oppose them to be enforced again, and here we go again.
This was a kind of a joke.

Mar 28, 2016
I’m not sure if I completely believe the Bible. I think I believe he lived and died. I pray. My thumb is dry and cracked right now so I will probably respond more tomorrow.
You say you are not sure if you completely believe the Bible but say that Catholic churches seem much more stable and unified.

Seeing no man can serve two teaching masters as a foundation, for they will love and obey one and hate the other or vice versa. What makes them more stable and unified if not the word God?

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014

In this link, you learn catholic create communist, kill millions. It is religion of murder and satanic.

Sex party drug party happen in the vatican.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/wo...gay-orgy-cardinal-apartment-article-1.3302974

In the 90' I read that sex party is practice in vatican as secret satanic ritual to gain power, It was Denied by vatican, well not easy to prove. But this article below indicate It is happen
The top vatican officer admited oN nasional TV interview

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...apped-for-sex-parties-for-Vatican-police.html

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I had bad experiences with catholics sorry to say.
In another forum that was meant to be christian, if I questioned any of their practicies I was banned. If they appear unified and stable its only because of extreme bullying and guilt tripping their members.

I had a friend who was raised catholic, she had a lot of problems with her family because of rigid beliefs abot catholicism. One time they went to the vatican to be blessed by the Pope, he is like a superstar to them. It is a lot of idolatry and they have statues, pray to the dead etc

When I was saved God didnt want me to go to a catholic church He led me elsewhere, Even when I got invited to go to one, somehow God prevented me from entering. When I was teaching Bible, I was allowed to enter any public school except the catholic ones. They have their own schools. They dont really associate with non-catholics. They also call non-catholics 'protestants' because they think others protest against their church. Its not that, its just non catholic christians uphold the Bible. Catholics have a low view of the Bible and need another book and the Pope to interpret it for them. The Pope is said to be 'infallible' what he says goes.
Being catholic doesnt make one a christian, only God can make you a christian we are saved by grace through faith it is a gift of God, not by works (eg doing catholic rituals) lest anyone boast.

Catholics do boast about their church saying its the oldest, biggest, original, richest etc. they also tend to put down other believers who dont go to their church and assume everyone will join them. I know many believers who had a hard time in the catholic church.

I think am ok to post what I think about RCC here and wont be banned for saying so. Am very wary of them but do ask God about it!

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
If you want a more stable church to attend you could always attend one of the main line Churches such as the Epicalopian or the Anglican Church they have a more formal way of worship and have some similarity to the Catholics without the Pope and
and the rest. It depends on how you like to worship. Not everone opts to be happy clappy
Yeah I like the more formal serious churches. I despise when preachers use sarcasm or yell from the pulpit. I will have to look into these churches.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Yeah I like the more formal serious churches. I despise when preachers use sarcasm or yell from the pulpit. I will have to look into these churches.
Well, as some said you will not find an perfect church. My adecide if I would decide. What they preach about Jesus? Because he is our saviour and the only way to the father. No human and no human organisation can take His place.
How the treat the word of God,? The bible is written from God through the Holy Spirit. No human word, is equal with the word of God.
How they treat other believers? No church ore denomination has the 100% correct doctrine. And can say only what we say is perfect right and if you not belong to us then you will be lost in hell.

This are for me the most important points if I should search a church.
Hope you find an church according gods will, where you fund the truth.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Well, as some said you will not find an perfect church. My adecide if I would decide. What they preach about Jesus? Because he is our saviour and the only way to the father. No human and no human organisation can take His place.
How the treat the word of God,? The bible is written from God through the Holy Spirit. No human word, is equal with the word of God.
How they treat other believers? No church ore denomination has the 100% correct doctrine. And can say only what we say is perfect right and if you not belong to us then you will be lost in hell.

This are for me the most important points if I should search a church.
Hope you find an church according gods will, where you fund the truth.
In my 2nd sentence i said: My advise if......

Mar 28, 2016
The Catholic church as a law of the fathers called apostolic succession does despite to the fulness of grace of Christ making it to no effect.

Mar 28, 2016
I am no expert but did spent nearly ten years on a Catholic Protestant board discussing the differnces

The Catholic church by teaching Christ only offered a remnant of grace and only Mary received the fulness .Their fathers(the venerable ones) teach a person must offer their own daily suffering to give the fulness needed, and even then after they die they must continue to suffer in a place called purgatory again in respect to a unknown amount of time and a unknow intensity. Therefore doing despite to the fullness of Christ grace.

God did not say here is enough to get you going make up for the suffering of Christ that lacks all that is needed.

The law of their fathers (law of men) take a verse like in Colossians turn it upside down to make the word of God without effect. They do this with many verses.

Colossians 1:24Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Another common portion of scripture that they make to no effect with a law of their fathers as a oral traditions of men is to not call any man on earth Father for one is our Holy Father in heaven . There answer is well, you called your dad father. Therefore removing the context of the commandment not to and therefore usurping the authority of our Father not seen destroying the faith principle.

It would describe the abomination of desecration putting a man seen the Pope in the Holy unseen place of God

Those would be two of the many, many oral tradition of their fathers they use to make all things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) without effect. Sola scriptura reformed that ideology in the fifteenth century as it did according to the same kind of laws of the fathers as oral traditions of men in respect to the unbelieving faithless Jew during the 1 century reformation. all things written in the law and the prophets the tool needed for any reformation

Mark 7:13Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.