Should I Say Something

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 12, 2022
You really should live life on this side of the Cross ~ forgiveness, grace and triumph, all in Jesus’ great and glorious Name.

On another note, how about answering my question in the OP. That would be nice of you.
I have answered your question. Tell your friend not to commit adultery and fornication. This will be more reasonable than you going behind his back to his lover.

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
My feelings play no part in this. I’ve tried to intervene in the past with other couples only to have the women side with their man. Then there was another time when I did not intervene and the guy eventually broke his wife’s jaw.

Rather than titling the thread, Should I Say Something, I should have titled it, How Should This Situation Be Handled?
Our feelings often give us a clue on what we should do if anything.

Years back i lost a friend because i would not tell her he was cheating . They are still married not speaking up was the correct thing.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
No love, no grace, no understanding of God’s love and grace in Jesus our SAVIOR.
Let's include no understanding of the Law and its four stages. Christ separates His Holy Elect from the Law so that there is no Law to break. And where there is no Law to break, there is no condemnation.

The things that some people say, here, is horrifying. I can't imagine being a new Christian and coming here for the Truth.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
John 4:17-18 NKJV - "The woman answered and said, "I have no husband." Jesus said to her, "You have well said, 'I have no husband,' "for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly."

It should be noted that Jesus neither condemned nor killed the above woman. And later in John chapter 8, there is but another woman caught in adultery. Did Jesus condemn and stone her to death?

John 8:7, 10-11 NKJV - "So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first." ... 10 "When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, "Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?" 11 She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said to her, "Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more."

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
The Fourth and Final of God's Four Sore Judgements upon all societies that do such things. Four Shameful Generations that did all manners of high tier wickedness will undergo the Four Sore Judgements of
I have answered your question. Tell your friend not to commit adultery and fornication. This will be more reasonable than you going behind his back to his lover.
Actually that’s not more reasonable. If I go behind his back and her life is saved accordingly then your junior high analysis is moot.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Actually that’s not more reasonable. If I go behind his back and her life is saved accordingly then your junior high analysis is moot.
God is in control, Snacks. Whatever you do, the Lord will work out the decisions made for the good of His Will. Take this seriously, but rest easy. God is in control and we are not.

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
I understand your view and appreciate your advice but we live in a small town and inadvertently cross paths from time to time. Also, he is a wounded combat veteran and deserves the utmost gratitude and respect for his sacrifice. Finally and most importantly, I treat him the way we’re called to treat others.
That may very well be the cause of his violence.

I worked for 16 years at 40 different VA Hospitals, and I encountered thousands of Veterans during that timeframe. It seems that every one of them suffered from PTSD to some extent.

Anyhow, I'm certainly not seeking to justify his violence, but he could probably use a compassionate ear in relation to what he endured in the military.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
Anyhow, I'm certainly not seeking to justify his violence, but he could probably use a compassionate ear in relation to what he endured in the military.
Amen 🙏

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I cannot remember which Scripture says this , but does not God tell us to correct another believer if we are in sin , and leave unbelievers to God Himself ?
It is very hard when one has a gentle heart towards others , we want to reach out and fix things , but this is not our place , only God can change ones heart...

Maybe you can just hold back saying anything , and if he approaches you about the matter , then by all means , speak what the bible says to him about his behaviour , and leave it at that...
...xox...

Jan 12, 2022
Well, if you are so bent on doing this then you should be able to tell her in front of his face like a bold and honest man of God, and not going to the woman behind his back like the serpent in the Garden.

Jun 28, 2022
I know a guy who is not well liked but I treat him well and he considers me a friend. He beat his wife to the point that she left him and now he is dating a girl he knew from high school some twenty years ago. Do I warn her of his abuse, yes or no?
Why is he free to date rather than dating a cell mate in prison?

Should you warn her? Yes!

Imagine, he starts dating your daughter.
Or your sister.

That young woman doesn't know what she's in for. You do! And she is someone's daughter. Or sister.

Everytime a male, because men don't beat women, beats a woman he's trying to kill her.

If he ends up beating this new potential victim, YOU are complicit. Because you knew what he was.

And did not save her from it.

Jun 28, 2022
My feelings play no part in this. I’ve tried to intervene in the past with other couples only to have the women side with their man. Then there was another time when I did not intervene and the guy eventually broke his wife’s jaw.

Rather than titling the thread, Should I Say Something, I should have titled it, How Should This Situation Be Handled?
It sounds like you're trying to talk yourself out of saving this woman from the devil you know.

The past is over.
This woman and the abusive man you are friends with are here and now.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Well, if you are so bent on doing this then you should be able to tell her in front of his face like a bold and honest man of God, and not going to the woman behind his back like the serpent in the Garden.
My goodness, how discouraging.

Question: Who talked to you this way and thus taught you to talk to others in this like manner?

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
It sounds like you're trying to talk yourself out of saving this woman from the devil you know.

The past is over.
This woman and the abusive man you are friends with are here and now.
Thanks Blue. I appreciate your insight and passion. I intend to take action.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
I’m cool with being like the serpent if it means helping her. You talk pretty tough for a punk.

Jan 12, 2022
I’m cool with being like the serpent if it means helping her. You talk pretty tough for a punk.
Will you help her by backbiting your brother and designing schemes and plots against him and gossip rather than going to his face and telling the greater truth that fornication and adultery is utterly taboo to the Lord God and perchance resolve this issue cleanly and in the process save not just this woman, but also your brother?