Should we follow Jewish or Gentile early Christian Fathers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
The word Sabbath is used two ways. One as a cerimoinal law or carnal ordinace by which we cannot judge each other with . And the true sabbath God working to give us rest, softening our hearts as we do mix faith (believe Him not seen) in what we do hear or see.

God kept the sabbath on the 7th day. It remains to be kept by Him as the tool he uses to soften our hard hearts.
Scripture is the word explaining the spiritual, but the physical is always used in that explanation. You cannot take the physical as the only way to understand what God is saying, and in the same way you cannot take the spiritual and separate it from the physical. When we physically keep Sabbaths there is great spiritual impact.

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
I am working, praying, and fasting for God's spirit in me, and that is leading me to try to convince people to accept the word as truth. ONLY the word. People's eternal life depends on it.

Christ is God. Why would speaking of God to you be against Him?
Try letting God do all the heavy lifting. Most of what man dose can get messed up .
Praying for you .
Blessings
Bill

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Scripture is the word explaining the spiritual, but the physical is always used in that explanation. You cannot take the physical as the only way to understand what God is saying, and in the same way you cannot take the spiritual and separate it from the physical. When we physically keep Sabbaths there is great spiritual impact.
I don't think it matters a wit what I believe, I try to keep myself out of it. I do think it matters what is the truth in the Lord.

According to scripture it tells us that we are to keep the Sabbath and the Sabbath is the last day of the week.

The only way to salvation is through Christ's blood the Lord with His grace gives us salvation. We are told to take our sins to Christ with repentance and through that the Father gives us salvation. However, God is one, and not three altho there are three attributes we are told of.

You cannot go to the Lord telling Him "I keep the Sabbath, so give me salvation". Frankly, to purposely sin over and over seems to me to be questionable. Where is repentance in that? Yet, we know we are human and humans sin.
Sorry for the lengthy scripture quotation folks but there is a point.

Galatians 3:19 Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made. 20Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one. 21Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law. 22But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. 23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. 24Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.

4 : 1 Now I say, as long as the heir is a child, he does not differ at all from a slave although he is owner of everything, 2but he is under guardians and managers until the date set by the father. 3So also we, while we were children, were held in bondage under the elemental things of the world. 4But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, 5so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. 6Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” 7Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God. 8 However at that time, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those which by nature are no gods. 9But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how is it that you turn back again to the weak and worthless elemental things, to which you desire to be enslaved all over again? 10You observe days and months and seasons and years. 11I fear for you, that perhaps I have labored over you in vain.

Read ! It’s simple we have been set free it’s not about what we do but what has been done for us . Our work just Doesn’t cut it. Never has never will
Blessings
Bill

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Try letting God do all the heavy lifting. Most of what man dose can get messed up .
Praying for you .
Blessings
Bill
Letting God do all the heavy lifting, letting God make all the decisions, having faith in every word God gives us, that is what I am doing. I wish I could get me completely out of all the discussions, I wish I could so know
God that God speaks through me. I think we all need to search for every occult belief in our church"s doctrines so they can be banished. If a belief stems from mythology, from pagan worship practice, if we say Christ changed God, if we say the OT and NT disagree with each other, then we are letting others lead us, not God. Acts 17:
11 Now the Bereans were more noble-minded than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if these teachings were true.

Mar 28, 2016

Hi thanks for the reply.

As shown in different time periods. God uses time in two ways . One way in parables that are made up of historical accurate events as the witness of God who was there working in the affairs of men with two the level of the gospel of His salvation working with it...

Two levels of understanding or walking one seen the temporal the other not seen the eternal.

That can be seen I believe by looking at the first century time of reformation . Two levels of meaning, the one seen as the shadow that became substance the one not seen, the eternal holy place of God. The veil was rent the time of reformation had come. The period we are in the last days.

When looking at those parables in Hebrews below called a figure, according to the signified language we can see God who turned over the faithless Jews to do that which they should not of (reject God unseen as King) because of their jealousy of the surrounding pagan nations who also walked by sight. . The time period is restored back to the period of Judges, men and woman as prophets for God bringing the gospel out into the world.

The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the "time of reformation". But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; Hebrews 9:8-11

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Hi thanks for the reply.

As shown in different time periods. God uses time in two ways . One way in parables that are made up of historical accurate events as the witness of God who was there working in the affairs of men with two the level of the gospel of His salvation working with it...

Two levels of understanding or walking one seen the temporal the other not seen the eternal.

That can be seen I believe by looking at the first century time of reformation . Two levels of meaning, the one seen as the shadow that became substance the one not seen, the eternal holy place of God. The veil was rent the time of reformation had come. The period we are in the last days.

When looking at those parables in Hebrews below called a figure, according to the signified language we can see God who turned over the faithless Jews to do that which they should not of (reject God unseen as King) because of their jealousy of the surrounding pagan nations who also walked by sight. . The time period is restored back to the period of Judges, men and woman as prophets for God bringing the gospel out into the world.

The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the "time of reformation". But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; Hebrews 9:8-11
It has been said that all scripture verses have five levels of understanding including the physical historical, the spiritual, the symbolic, and the hidden meanings.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
It has been said that all scripture verses have five levels of understanding including the physical historical, the spiritual, the symbolic, and the hidden meanings.
It may have been said, but it wasn't said in Scripture.

There may be all five levels in certain verses of Scripture. Some levels may also be the figment of the interpreter's fervent imagination. In your study, if God reveals a nuance of meaning, great. Let the text speak, rather than letting some saying dictate how you read it.