Should we forgive adam and eve

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Should we forgive adam and eves sin

• yes

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • no

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
Hi all
The lords prayers tells us to forgive those who tresspass against us, which means those who sin against us to.
My understanding here is any sin is a tresspass against us, and where told to forgive those who tresspass against us. However can we forgive somebody who tresspasses against somebody else and is that a tresspass against us also.

should we forgive adam and eve for there sin which did lead to a tresspass against all mankind ?

Thoughts please and scripture to back your thoughts up thanks.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Hi all
The lords prayers tells us to forgive those who tresspass against us, which means those who sin against us to.
My understanding here is any sin is a tresspass against us, and where told to forgive those who tresspass against us. However can we forgive somebody who tresspasses against somebody else and is that a tresspass against us also.

should we forgive adam and eve for there sin which did lead to a tresspass against all mankind ?

I put yes but it really has nothing to do with us. After the fall, they still relied on God for their guidance. This was their saving faith. God did not abandon them but remained with them. It matters not rather we forgive them or not. They are forgiven by God, and therefore, our opinion is pointless.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Hi all

Interesting. I don't know how you are supposed to forgive an event so remote. There is also a school of thought that we were in Adam, so to speak, when he sinned, so we share his guilt. This link gives a good explanation.

The principle is the same as shown in Hebrews in relation to Levi and Aaron. Levi is said to have been "in the loins" of Aaron. It could just as easily be said that all mankind was in the loins of Adam.

Let's not be too quick to judge Adam and Eve. How well would we have done in the same situation?

Mar 4, 2020
Hi all

It depends if Adam and Eve have repented. Contrary to popular belief, Jesus never taught unconditional forgiveness. He taught that if your brother or sister asks for forgiveness, and repents, then you're obligated to forgive them.

Luke 17:4
4And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Are Adam and Eve even our brother and sister in a literal or spiritual sense? Are they in Christ?

All of that being said, there is nothing wrong with being proactive with forgiveness and giving it to those who don't even ask. But if they don't ask then I don't think forgiveness is a requirement.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
I just imagine someone thinking, “How dare you put us into this situation!?” 😂 I don’t even think it is something to consider because Christ has already paid the price. We are redeemed.

S

SophieT

just when you think you've heard it all....:unsure:

S

SophieT

not trying to be sarcastic (even though I tend to answer that way and then tone it down for the general public :giggle: ) we should also proceed to forgive every character in scripture that somehow did the Israelites wrong and then forgive them too cause they kept blowin it.

it's a big world when it comes to forgivness, but Jesus said 'if we have something against someone', so I tend to think forgiveness is more 'localized'

I am curious though, how did you come up with this?

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Yes, I forgive them.

I inherited a sinful nature thanks to them, but glory to God! He saw our hopeless state, which was through no fault of our own, and made the way for our salvation. That's justice!

If the problem has been corrected, why harbor ill-will? :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I voted 'no' as I felt there was no need to do so as I personally feel that they did nothing wrong against me.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
I voted 'no' as I felt there was no need to do so as I personally feel that they did nothing wrong against me.
Shall I make the case for you? 😅 In Adam all died and in Christ, are all made alive. All suffering you have ever experienced is rooted in sin and that sin started when Adam and Eve sinned as your representatives giving you a sinful nature thereby separating you from God. 😄 lol

I agree with you, on a serious note. Ain’t no one going to Heaven approaching Adam and being like “We’re cool. I don’t hold it against you man.” 😆

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Isn't forgiveness in the constitution of mercy? God said He desires mercy (Hosea 6:6).

And by his letter to the Romans, first subject is the context explaining God's wrath against sin, Paul counts the merciless within that category.

In the Book of Acts, Jesus asked Saul, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me?" and illustrates it as 'to kick against the goads' (Acts 26:14).

Also, in his 2nd letter to Timothy, chpt. 3, Paul includes 'unforgiving' among his list of evil. So, yea...

REPENT!

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I suppose that, if the the idea of imputed sin is causing internal flustrations and distresses within you, trying to forgive and love your long dead ancestors might help a little, but the real solution lies in coming to Jesus and letting Him undo the damage.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
not trying to be sarcastic (even though I tend to answer that way and then tone it down for the general public :giggle: ) we should also proceed to forgive every character in scripture that somehow did the Israelites wrong and then forgive them too cause they kept blowin it.

it's a big world when it comes to forgivness, but Jesus said 'if we have something against someone', so I tend to think forgiveness is more 'localized'

I am curious though, how did you come up with this?
Hi sophie ive read so many threads about people saying we all inherited a sinfull nature from adam and eve but never have i herd a thread ask if we should forgive them for that. I thought it would be an intresting study. I havent answered the question yet as im unsure.
I once got into a thread that asked did God forgive adam and eve and it seemed to suggest that he did but doesnt say exactly that he did.
But God was gracious to warn Adam about sin and its consequences. God told Adam not to eat of the fruit of the forbidden tree. He told him that if he did, he would die.
When Adam sinned, God did not immediately put Adam to death, as his sin deserved. Instead, God sought Adam out, and exposed his sin. God also indicated the consequences Adam and his wife would experience because of their sin.
God promised to provide a cure for sin and death. He also provided Adam and Eve with coverings.
God graciously removed Adam and Eve from the garden, and prevented them from returning to it. He kept them from eating of the tree of life, lest they live forever in their sin. God was gracious to turn the curse into the cure. Death kept Adam and Eve from living forever as condemned sinners. It was death (the death of Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary) that ultimately and permanently defeated Satan, sin, and death -- because our Lord died in the sinner's place, and then rose from the dead.

God graciously gave Adam and Eve another son -- Seth -- after Cain killed Abel. It was after the birth of Seth that people began to worship the Lord. Did this include Adam? I am inclined to think so.

All of this suggests that Adam and Eve did seek God's forgiveness, and receive it but doesnt say exactly that he did. The Bible places the emphasis on Adam's sin (and not on his repentance and forgiveness) because it was through Adam's sin that all mankind was corrupted and brought under the same sentence of death (Romans 5:12-21). Adam turns our attention toward the sin of the human race. Jesus Christ turns our attention to life and righteousness.

But one thing puzzles me. where all born with a sinful nature and those that do not accept Jesus will stay with a sinful nature, In a way you could say quite possibly be on there way to hell. I find it a diffacult one to forgive. that my own brother or sister could go to hell. whom i love.

Would so many still be going to hell if they didnt inherit a sinfull nature.

Romans 5:12-21 “12 When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned. 14 Still, everyone died-From the time of Adam to the time of Moses-even those who did not disobey an explicit commandment of God, as Adam did. 15 For the sin of this one man, Adam, brought death to many.

In a way you could say that adam and eve have made a whole world stumble
and we know Gods punishment for making somebody stumble. or does that only apply to making a brother stumble. Im inclined to think no its not.
I am more inclined to forgive adam and eve but still have my preservations. and its an intresting study because where not Judging salvation or each other and talking more with an openess towards sin.

Thanks to others who have responded and i hope what ive wrote here also address your questions youve asked me.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
It is not up to us to forgive Adam and Eve.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
It is not up to us to forgive Adam and Eve.
You dont or you do see inheriting a sinfull nature as a tresspass against all mankind then ? and every single one of us. We are told to forgive those who trespass against us.
Or is there some other reason

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
they did not trespass against us, they trespassed against God. They did not know us. They never knew us. The Scripture from the Lords Prayer refers to the people WE KNOW.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
they did not trespass against us, they trespassed against God. They did not know us. They never knew us. The Scripture from the Lords Prayer refers to the people WE KNOW.
Im sorry but i have to disagree for so many reasons, Because they never knew us does not mean they have not tresspassed againsts us.
Do most thiefs know there victams ? is one example i can give there are many more i could also give. or do most people truly know somebody when they insult them or attack them. Or like today ones mans actions could start a war that lasts for years where many people will die.
scripture clearly points out that there sin has effected the whole of mankind and even you or i befor we came to the lord which applies to many many people of today.

forgive those who transgress against you doesnt get any more simple than that i feal.
if the sin of adam and eve still applies to us today then i feal we should forgive them.
Your point of view is also my concern to. does there sin still apply to us today also.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
Its just acared to me, dont we know them by reading about them. dont they become a part of us that way. ?

And people who have a sinful nature inherited from adam and eve, who have not accepted Jesus will sin against me in the future no doubt they will with you to, even with the words they say. is that a good enough reason for adam and eves sin still applying to christians of today.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
I have decided that i will forgive the sin of adam and eve. Ive voted Yes.
just when you think you've heard it all....:unsure:
Lol i thought someone may say this, have you answered yet anyway.