Should women pursue men?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Why not just have a relay race and take turns chasing each other.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
I,m new here, i,m shocked at some of the argueing in a Christian Site, It,s not 24 hrs i,ve been here, I really hope this is not the norme. Come on guys. LOVE.
So I guess now is a bad time to welcome you to CC?

Their is one bright side.....
I am licensed to operate Heavy Equipment if you need help digging foxholes and trenches lol

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Wow! One failure and you're giving up? Maybe you've given up on the pursuing, but there are subtle gestures to let the other person know that you might be interested and see how he responds. There are many fish in the sea and many that are just right for you. Prayer will help. I wish you the best.
I gave up in a sense. I surrendered to the Lord my desire to marry. In His perfect timing, I met my now husband. All glory to Him.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
Modest apparel where men and women went out in public fully covered, suits and dresses,

Essentially most of societies problems are from its low or non existant standards. The farther people get from God, the worse the problems get.
I can appreciate that.

Dressing in modest apparel is a good example. That's actually biblical literally.

I want the women to adorn themselves[3] with modest and sensible fashions, not with fancy braided hair-dos, gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good works, as is proper for women who profess to be godly. 1 Timothy 2:8-10

Of course, in these versus he's talking about modesty regarding money and station/class... some women were wearing their wealth and status to church. So not really an issue of dressing provocatively in this scripture.

I'm not certain if there's anywhere in NT scripture that speaks to dressing provocatively, but it's one of those that can be construed from scripture in general.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I never said you were attacking anything. I was trying to tell you that your best way out of a conversation where you feel like you're getting something unpleasant constantly rubbed in your face is to change the subject or just abandon it and go do something you enjoy instead. And since you're named after Godzilla (and forgive me if my Godzilla mythos is lacking but I understood he was kind of a giant space lizard who attacked cities) I was trying to be a bit humorous by suggesting something that creature might enjoy.
Didn't read it that way at all. But, I'll take your word for it and say your meaning got lost in this imperfect medium known as text-messaging. I've driven people away because they misread my intent, and I've misinterpreted others for the same reason.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
My freshman year of college, I pursued my crush. He was not interested. So, I never pursued a guy again lol.
Welcome to my world. But, I've kept trying. I guess, like Charlie Brown, I really think that one day I'll actually kick that football.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
yea its confusing

married people on the singles forum?

why. I mean, singles dont really need married peoples advice about marriage since we not married.
We are free- and that is good.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
CC should just create another forum called Finda Wife or Hire a Hubby. Then have a number to call if you are that desperate.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I gave up in a sense. I surrendered to the Lord my desire to marry. In His perfect timing, I met my now husband. All glory to Him.
I did the very same thing. Worked out great. We will be celebrating out 8th anniversary tomorrow. Congrats to both you and your husband on the birth of little Abigail. A precious gift to behold for sure. I'm sure that your family and your mama-in-law are thrilled for the new addition to the family.

Beloved314

Aug 3, 2014
Allow me, as a man, to offer some male perspective on that. Let's consider several possible reasons why a man does not respond as hoped when a reasonably-attractive woman is kind and friendly to him, with the intent to show "subtle interest":

The man, having heard many stories about men being shamed, ostracized, and even arrested for misinterpreting the signals, cautiously assumes that she is just being polite and does not respond with interest.

The man, completely focused on the tasks at hand, simply does not pick up the signals.

The man, being interested in someone else, chooses to ignore the signals.

The man, being rather socially inexperienced, is not aware that the signals are actually signals.

The man actually is not interested in the woman, for any number of reasons.

Any of these, or others, could be in play. Don't assume too much. If you consider him worth the effort to break the ice, then break it. Don't tap at it. If things don't work, at least you will have grown in experience. :)

Very wise response!

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
yea its confusing

married people on the singles forum?

why. I mean, singles dont really need married peoples advice about marriage since we not married.
We are free- and that is good.
I would rather be married thanks.
Ive been single 37 years now and I dont think hell itself could be this bad.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I would rather be married thanks.
Ive been single 37 years now and I dont think hell itself could be this bad.
aw can you not live with your family or look after yourself?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
cooking and cleaning isnt that hard, honestly. Just dont be too hard on yourself, otherwise you'll be hard on others who dont meet your standards.