SIGNS AND WONDERS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
You said "Jesus healed all those that came to him"

Then you quoted the scripture that says....21 And in that same hour he cured many of their infirmities and plagues, and of evil spirits; and unto many that were blind, he gave sight.

I hope you know that there is a difference between many and all?
So Jesus would not heal some that came to him ?
So Jesus would not heal some that came to him ? And did the apostles have more success ? 17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19¶So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
20And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen. Mark 16 .' They shall recover '

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
So Jesus would not heal some that came to him ? And did the apostles have more success ? 17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19¶So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
20And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen. Mark 16 .' They shall recover '

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
So Jesus would not heal some that came to him ?
Your ability to exegete scripture is very shaky. You don't do it by quoting scripture with no explanation. You do it by pointing out scripture and then explaining the relevance and fact of the scripture which you have not done. What you have done is quote scripture and hope that somehow it makes what you claim relevant without knowing what the scripture is saying.

For example...these signs shall follow them that believe. No reference to how many.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Your ability to exegete scripture is very shaky. You don't do it by quoting scripture with no explanation. You do it by pointing out scripture and then explaining the relevance and fact of the scripture which you have not done. What you have done is quote scripture and hope that somehow it makes what you claim relevant without knowing what the scripture is saying.

For example...these signs shall follow them that believe. No reference to how many.
Erm , it actually says who the ' them ' are . I assumed you'd read Mark before. Being a important book .

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
Erm , it actually says who the ' them ' are . I assumed you'd read Mark before. Being a important book .
And I assumed sarcasm is the lowest form of whit. And I have read Mark many times as I have read all the Bible many times, plus I have devoted two years of my life studying scripture in all its facets and obtaining degrees in the aftermath of the study, and I have taught at Bible School, and I don't say things like "Being a important book" I say "being AN important book."

And I spent six years at University culminating in a Teaching degree and spent several years teaching senior students who considered me the best teacher in the school evidenced by the fact that they wanted to nominate me for Teacher of the Year.

Plus my teaching goes out all over the world using various methods and means. Plus my thirst for the truth means that I have a personal library of over 1,000 books. Is there anything else you need to know before you open your mouth and put your foot in it?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
And I assumed sarcasm is the lowest form of whit. And I have read Mark many times as I have read all the Bible many times, plus I have devoted two years of my life studying scripture in all its facets and obtaining degrees in the aftermath of the study, and I have taught at Bible School, and I don't say things like "Being a important book" I say "being AN important book."

And I spent six years at University culminating in a Teaching degree and spent several years teaching senior students who considered me the best teacher in the school evidenced by the fact that they wanted to nominate me for Teacher of the Year.

Plus my teaching goes out all over the world using various methods and means. Plus my thirst for the truth means that I have a personal library of over 1,000 books. Is there anything else you need to know before you open your mouth and put your foot in it?
Paul had a more impressive list ,but he counted it all as dung compared to the knowledge of Christ.

jb

Feb 27, 2010

There's nothing like "blowing your own trumpet!"

LOL

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
There's nothing like "blowing your own trumpet!"

LOL
Sad isn't it when someone has dedicated themselves to be the best that they can be for the benefit of others all one can say is there is nothing like blowing your own trumpet.

Fortunately, I don't see things in such a crass way. I follow the trail and if it gives me a greater understanding that is where I go. As a result, I have got to where I am today. I have not been too proud to learn from anyone who can teach me the truth. If others consider that to be blowing your own trumpet it is their problem, not mine.

I have always done what the scripture has said and that is to study to show yourselves approved by God a workman that need not be ashamed...I know that study is a dirty word for a lot of Christians. They would rather rely on little homilies they get on a Sunday morning with no idea what is being preached is the truth or not and very often it is not, but I am not a Sunday morning Christian. I am an everyday Christian and every day I am searching the scriptures to find out what is true and what is not for the simple reason I do not want to be led astray by people that have very little to offer.

And that means 50% of my day is spent in the word or books that give greater insight into it, that is why I have a personal library of over 1,000 books. Being autistic, reading and studying is one of my passions and I do not find it difficult to do.

So, dear brother if you consider that is blowing your own trumpet I plead guilty as charged, but I do so with pride because I am not ashamed of the study I do because the only person I need to get approval from is God, not you or anyone else.

So a word of advice. I do hope that you are studying to show you are approved by God because if you are not you need to be ashamed.