Silence

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 8, 2019
I have prayed.
I prayed.
I pray.
I am praying.
I will pray.

Silence.

Deafening silence.

I will continue to pray.

Perhaps one day the
Silence
Will be broken.

As broken as I am?

Because I am broken.

And I need you, God!

That's why I keep on
Praying.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
If you haven’t already, and please don’t take it as reproach, take time to listen as well. I know I am a person who tends to just talk and talk and not let God have more time to speak.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I have prayed.
I prayed.
I pray.
I am praying.
I will pray.

Silence.

Deafening silence.

I will continue to pray.

Perhaps one day the
Silence
Will be broken.

As broken as I am?

Because I am broken.

And I need you, God!

That's why I keep on
Praying.
Today the silence is broken!!

God LOVES you!
1 John 3:1 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Command to Love
3 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.

And your brothers and sisters in Christ love you too!

M

morefaithrequired

I have prayed.
I prayed.
I pray.
I am praying.
I will pray.

Silence.

Deafening silence.

I will continue to pray.

Perhaps one day the
Silence
Will be broken.

As broken as I am?

Because I am broken.

And I need you, God!

That's why I keep on
Praying.
I'm no expert but that is a really good poem.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
I have prayed.
I prayed.
I pray.
I am praying.
I will pray.

Silence.

Deafening silence.

I will continue to pray.

Perhaps one day the
Silence
Will be broken.

As broken as I am?

Because I am broken.

And I need you, God!

That's why I keep on
Praying.
Just a couple of days ago... I was saying to God how I found it difficult to pray for very long... it was upsetting me... I have been battling with tryingto pray for a while... and the problems in my life are very difficult... so I asked Him if there were any hindrances, anything I needed to repent of... and I realised there was a root of bitterness in my heart. I was so hurt about an on-going situation that I didn't feel I could forgive the perpetrator.. so as I broke my heart to God I asked Him to help me-I couldn't even utter the word 'forgive' at this point. He did help me, and I forgave, and then I realised that all my sins, if they were listed, made me into a hypocrite if I did not forgive those who 'trespass against us'...
I have since remembered the verse which says," If I regard iniquity in my heart the Lord will not hear"....
Sometimes maybe we have a road-block in the way and we don't realise... I know it hurts to even talk about this stuff but God can help us and set us free if we let Him and it's so worth it afterwards...🙂His ways all always true... I hope I have been some help... we are all, afterall, helping each-other find our way home...
Lots of love in Christ xx

Nov 8, 2019
Just a couple of days ago... I was saying to God how I found it difficult to pray for very long... it was upsetting me... I have been battling with tryingto pray for a while... and the problems in my life are very difficult... so I asked Him if there were any hindrances, anything I needed to repent of... and I realised there was a root of bitterness in my heart. I was so hurt about an on-going situation that I didn't feel I could forgive the perpetrator.. so as I broke my heart to God I asked Him to help me-I couldn't even utter the word 'forgive' at this point. He did help me, and I forgave, and then I realised that all my sins, if they were listed, made me into a hypocrite if I did not forgive those who 'trespass against us'...
I have since remembered the verse which says," If I regard iniquity in my heart the Lord will not hear"....
Sometimes maybe we have a road-block in the way and we don't realise... I know it hurts to even talk about this stuff but God can help us and set us free if we let Him and it's so worth it afterwards...🙂His ways all always true... I hope I have been some help... we are all, afterall, helping each-other find our way home...
Lots of love in Christ xx
What a wonderful testimony, although it was a bit sad, too.

I have these last weeks been through a lot of soulsearching and heartache. It has been extremly hard emotionally, and tears have been near at hand all through this time.

Yesterday a sister in Christ reach out to me about her difficulties in a friendship she had with a man that had different expectations of their relation. I saw the bondage she was under, and the guilt she had towards the other person. I listened and gave some small inputs in her situation, and she was changing from dispear to relief through the time we spent together.

And then, like a lightening, it struck me. Like the answer from God I was looking for was there all along. I was just blind to see it. And I got peace. Yes. It doesn't make sense that the relationship I have been in ended like this. But God has really used it to transform me to His glory, but the things that was releaved of the man in question makes it clear that it can't go on. It creates an unhealthy bondage that would make us both miserable. I see God in both the time we spent together as a couple but also the necessitiy to break up. And God is in it!

God is wonderful, and he answers prayers. But sometimes not in the way we expect.