SIN DOESN'T MATTER: CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS CLAIM?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
I presume you are talking about me Sparkman? Alot of what you have said is mis-quoted with no context. As for "sin doesn't matter" Jesus died for my sin. He loved me so much he wanted me free from it and I accept Him as my Lord and saviour so that in Him I am DAILY forgiven for being imperfect. Does this mean I go out dilberately sinning so that grace may abound? Not at all!! Why would I do that to my Saviour? Why would I want to lie or gossip, both are not loving other people. Why would I want to have sex outside of marraige? That is not loving myself or another, its based in selfish lust and love is not self seeking. Why would I steal and covert? These are also stemed in selfishness.The only difference is I eat from "the tree of life" daily seeking God the way it should be. I dont eat from the tree of GOOD and EVIL ... or should I say the knowledge of good and evil where daily people go round in circles of what they can or cant do...whats right and whats wrong...what they are allowed to do and what they are not allowed to do. The seek scripture and spend hours upon hours arguing about what God word says or means. There was not a tree of good and a tree of evil in the garden and they picked one. There was a tree of LIFE that is found in Christ where there is no condemnation and its a life of trusting 100% in Christ, His leading, His teaching and from that abundant life is found and lived. I will not part take of the round-a-bout of KNOWING GOOD from Evil ...that tree is not for me. I want life in Christ

Interesting concept on the trees.....and I do not know about any riff between you and sparky....but I have no problem with what you said here.......

T

twofeet

Interesting concept on the trees.....and I do not know about any riff between you and sparky....but I have no problem with what you said here.......

I am presuming based on his mis quotes...especially the one about the cat where I was joking with Mr Humble that my neighbors cat spoke to me...she said "meow" :)

Nov 22, 2015
I am presuming based on his mis quotes...especially the one about the cat where I was joking with Mr Humble that my neighbors cat spoke to me...she said "meow" :)
LOL...you are such a heretic.....:rolleyes:.....( that was funny...loved it..thanks for the laugh ) -

I also love your tag line - so true. The son of the flesh of self-effort and human will-power will always persecute the son born free and of faith.

T

twofeet

As for the trees many people do not realize it wasn't a choice between good tree and an evil tree. It was a choice of actually trusting in God 100% compared to trying to figure out what is right or wrong by their own understanding and their own strength. I know which tree I like eating from , His burden is light and His yolk is easy. I focus on life IN Him, knowing I am loved and accepted just as I am. He can guide me, Holy Spirit convicts me and Im forgiven if I do make a mistake and not condemned. Its a good job I have that in Christ especially how others are so keen in trying to condemn me.

Nov 22, 2015
As for the trees many people do not realize it wasn't a choice between good tree and an evil tree. It was a choice of actually trusting in God 100% compared to trying to figure out what is right or wrong by their own understanding and their own strength. I know which tree I like eating from , His burden is light and His yolk is easy. I focus on life IN Him, knowing I am loved and accepted just as I am. He can guide me, Holy Spirit convicts me and Im forgiven if I do make a mistake and not condemned. Its a good job I have that in Christ especially how others are so keen in trying to condemn me.

You may enjoy this teaching on the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. I remember saying to myself...what's wrong with knowing good and evil when I read Genesis? I don't get it.

Now I do....

[video=youtube;thOWY6obHxU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thOWY6obHxU[/video]

Dec 12, 2013
I have thought for a long time how an animal has no concept of good or evil per se......Adam and Eve knew what was right and wrong which can be seen in what Eve's quoted to the serpent concerning what God had said......many miss the fact that the tree contained both sets of knowledge as in -->(good and evil)..man the analogies that can be given and or gleaned from the whole concept....good stuff for sure

Jan 24, 2009
I've heard some professed teachers say sin doesn't matter.

Can you believe these teachers?

No.

Since sin doesn't matter, they have no concern with lying. Therefore, they are not valid sources of information. Their claim is a contradiction.

Reading the apostolic writings should tell you otherwise anyways.

I am surprised when such individuals are respected by some as teachers, though. No, not really...some Christians are gullible.

I am not a legalist, either, and I do believe in grace. I do not believe real Christians should live in condemnation, either. To claim that sin doesn't matter, though, is a statement that cannot be believed, though, because the person demonstrates by their presupposition that they do not value the truth.

Satan is such a bad liar :)
Probably going to hear teachings we disagree with almost anywhere we go.

While I don't agree that "sin doesn't matter", I'd want to know more about what the "teacher" was talking about and well as what Scripture was used to support the claim.

If it teaching is as stated, it seems serious enough a flaw that I'd likely consider him/her non-Christian.

Reading the apostolic writings should tell you otherwise anyways. Reading Scripture should show us otherwise.

I am surprised when such individuals are respected by some as teachers, though. No, not really...some Christians are gullible. New/baby Christians are susceptible to this sort of thing, as well as though who have little grounding in Scripture.

T

twofeet

LOL...you are such a heretic.....:rolleyes:.....( that was funny...loved it..thanks for the laugh ) -

I also love your tag line - so true. The son of the flesh of self-effort and human will-power will always persecute the son born free and of faith.

LOLOLOLOL thanks :D Freedom will always rise up anger in those that are not free. The accusations will come from anyone who walks under a yolk of being condemned by their own past, they dont know what it is to walk in freedom.Lies will come if they cant find anything to accuse with. I will pray for them.Thanks for the sermon on the "trees". It took me a while to atune to his South African accent but I love how he too saw it very black and white, especially when he describes how we either look to the water/river or to ourselves. I have found I cant do both so keep my eyes on the living water. What He says about me is far beyond anything I could say of myself or what others say about me. Ive never known a love like it. Thanks for sharing that sermon. Very deep, lots of layers, lots of steak to chew on! I know when I looked at Abraham's life he just loved God and did whatever the Lord asked. He wasn't perfect like all of us but he didnt walk under that yolk of condemnation as the Law had not yet been given to point out his sin. He just loved God. The greatest commands Jesus gave was to Love God with all your heart and love others as yourself. It cannot get much much simpler than that and its by that Love will the world know we are His disciples.

May 14, 2013
It is said love others as yourself.
I see none of that here, instead you would prefer to go with something that maybe out of contented, or misunderstood.
Isn't this what the Pharisees did with Jesus.
Hey look at that! No I'm not calling you that am I? Yet another could say I am.

Jan 24, 2009
I see none of that here, instead you would prefer to go with something that maybe out of contented, or misunderstood.
I see none of that here Read more of the posts in the thread, then.

you would prefer to go with something that maybe out of contented Out of contented, huh?

May 14, 2013
I see none of that here, instead you would prefer to go with something that maybe out of CONTEXT, or misunderstood.

not apologising for being picked up on "Auto text"
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

Jan 24, 2009
I see none of that here, instead you would prefer to go with something that maybe out of CONTEXT, or misunderstood.

not apologising for being picked up on "Auto text"
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
Andycross, you're not that much older than me. If I can figure out how to "reply with quote", rather than use the "reply", I think you can. In doing so, your post will actually include the post you're responding to, which helps everyone else to know who you are replying to. As it is, it looks like you're talking to yourself and/or blabbing in post #31.

Luckily, the post you're replying to(mine) is directly above yours. That's not always going to be the case...your post won't always be directly below the one you're replying to...but you ought to know that. You've been part of this place since 2013, after all.

Now, going back to your original post, which contains a blanket statement:

It is said love others as yourself. I see none of that here If you see NO LOVE here, that means NO ONE is showing love.

As I wrote in a previous post, if you are going to make the blanket statement of seeing no love in the thread, then you need to read it closer. Not all posts in the thread fell under your blanket statement comment.

Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? Nice to see that someone else agrees with sin gradation like myself! Now, what's the plank in my eye? The speck in yours?

May 14, 2013
There you go again pulling up on other peoples faults. Test_F_i_2_Luv you know what I dont Care. You will never Try to understand what I'm trying to tell you.
I finish here, said what Im going to say. Go and pull someone else to peaces.

Feb 24, 2015
Too many do not see sin as evil, our enemy but just part of them.
Makes me wonder who they are following.

Jan 24, 2009
There you go again pulling up on other peoples faults. Test_F_i_2_Luv you know what I dont Care. You will never Try to understand what I'm trying to tell you.
I finish here, said what Im going to say. Go and pull someone else to peaces.
There you go again pulling up on other peoples faults. Says Andycross, whose contribution to this thread is to make a blanket statement that NO ONE shows any love.

I dont Care Start. Replying with quote would be a great start here at CC.

Go and pull someone else to peaces.
That's a goal of mine....the peace of God is a great thing! Might want to working on not pulling people to pieces by not making blanket comments that nobody shows love.

I finish here, said what Im going to say. Me too, I think. This is a real

rz46W.gif

Feb 24, 2015
Personally I am vehemently against all forms of sinning as they all bring destruction of some sort to us while on this earth - especially the one of unbelief in Christ's finished work on the cross.

I don't see any difference in sinning by living a homosexual lifestyle to having malice, bitterness and the slandering of others in the body of Christ. Both, as well as all the works of the flesh bring about death to us in this life.
This is such an inverted slander and accusation of sinning against the op, it makes me laugh.
It is like a squid ink attack on the innocent victim, confusing the issues and claiming they
are harming the body of Christ, how dare they say sin does matter.

The lie is compounded by the truth he believes all sin is forgiven therefore repentance from
sin is irrelevant. Everything is just good works, in Christ or anti-Christ and boy are these
anti-Christ good works going to get fried. They are just soooooooo evil going around doing
good but it is sooooooo bad if it is not Christian, even if they are seriously helping people
for dying, it is really sooooooo evil.

I seriously hate this double deception, superior jumping in, the arrogance, the self effacing
judgementalism and cheek to feel one has the right to humiliate another contributor who is
sharing a valid problem, sin matters, evil destroys and everyone needs to repent of it.

The gatekeeper of the Kingdom is the law, and Jesus is the law, and we only enter because
we fulfil the law by loving as Jesus loved. But hey these guys are the lawless brigade, take
heaven by storm, because they are clothed in the red cross of the crusades and get lost these
righteous beleivers they are really evil dark workers of the enemy sent to decieve the sinning
elect of their faith of salvation which they deny by there very deeds and heart.

It is such a sorry tale, but like an poison stone fish, they jump in the middle of any good
conversation to really ink it up and cause chaos.

F

FreeNChrist

I presume you are talking about me Sparkman? Alot of what you have said is mis-quoted with no context. As for "sin doesn't matter" Jesus died for my sin. He loved me so much he wanted me free from it and I accept Him as my Lord and saviour so that in Him I am DAILY forgiven for being imperfect. Does this mean I go out dilberately sinning so that grace may abound? Not at all!! Why would I do that to my Saviour? Why would I want to lie or gossip, both are not loving other people. Why would I want to have sex outside of marraige? That is not loving myself or another, its based in selfish lust and love is not self seeking. Why would I steal and covert? These are also stemed in selfishness.The only difference is I eat from "the tree of life" daily seeking God the way it should be. I dont eat from the tree of GOOD and EVIL ... or should I say the knowledge of good and evil where daily people go round in circles of what they can or cant do...whats right and whats wrong...what they are allowed to do and what they are not allowed to do. The seek scripture and spend hours upon hours arguing about what God word says or means. There was not a tree of good and a tree of evil in the garden and they picked one. There was a tree of LIFE that is found in Christ where there is no condemnation and its a life of trusting 100% in Christ, His leading, His teaching and from that abundant life is found and lived. I will not part take of the round-a-bout of KNOWING GOOD from Evil ...that tree is not for me. I want life in Christ
You'll have to forgive Sparkman, he still has some of his old legalism to break free from.

Feb 1, 2014
I find this amusing as there are probably two dozen witnesses, including the moderator and mr-humble, to the account I am relating and they don't remember this event as being a joke. I suggest that you bring it up when mr-humble, the moderator and I are all in the room.

And, other crazy charismatic claims will get addressed if I'm around and listening. I don't believe any of them. They shame Jesus. I think that's the reason why there are denominations; so that this sort of thing can be controlled.

Call me Pharisee all you want. The Pharisees took away my union card when I abandoned Armstrongism. I totally believe in justification by grace through faith, UNTO good works.

Last edited:
C

CeileDe

I think this thread is in itself an attack on someone on this forum. I can see Sparkman, if you were coming at this out of love then you wouldn't have posted it on the forum for all members to see. This, in my opinion should be in a private message.

Any time we correct someone, being a Christian or non-Christian we should do so out of love and out of wanting to sincerely help that person. All I see here is disdain for the person you are talking about.

Feb 1, 2014
I think this thread is in itself an attack on someone on this forum. I can see Sparkman, if you were coming at this out of love then you wouldn't have posted it on the forum for all members to see. This, in my opinion should be in a private message.

Any time we correct someone, being a Christian or non-Christian we should do so out of love and out of wanting to sincerely help that person. All I see here is disdain for the person you are talking about.
She is not someone who can be corrected. Been there, done that. The chat room is her forum to teach her nonsense. My concern is for other newer believers or seekers who tune in to her hours long teaching sessions.