Sin - Law - Grace

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
(Note: Sin is a transgression/breaking of divine law)

We've all broken God's law (Rom 3:23). No one can say he's not a sinner until some means is provided (not to take away the law) but to remove the sin, which is the transgression of the law.

John 1:29 John seeing Jesus coming unto him, said, Behold the Lamb of God, """which taketh away the sin""" of the world.

Sin's required payment/judgment is death (Rom 6:23).

Faith placed in a sinless Jesus willing, redemptive, sin atoning sacrifice. Fulfilled/met, & paid the laws requirement for & removes/takes away "ALL" of a believers sin. Once our sins have been removed, there is no transgression of the law

Under the Old Covenant sin is transgression of the Law.

Under the New Covenant sin is anything not done in faith. (Rom. 14:23)

Rom 5:13 until (before) the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Gal 5:18 if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:2 The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Conclusion:
Those "IN CHRIST" are freed from the laws condemnation brought forth through sin.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
When I have attempted to share this, though I believe it says the same, your post is so much bettr. Yes, I know you are directly quoting the Word,, but I do not have the talent you seem to have for putting them together to make total sense………..thank you and God bless you..j

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
When I have attempted to share this, though I believe it says the same, your post is so much bettr. Yes, I know you are directly quoting the Word,, but I do not have the talent you seem to have for putting them together to make total sense………..thank you and God bless you..j
Hello JaumeJ,
Thank you for your encouraging words. May our Lord Jesus multiply his grace towards you & yours.

Dec 9, 2011
1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

We've all broken God's law (Rom 3:23). No one can say he's not a sinner until some means is provided (not to take away the law) but to remove the sin, which is the transgression of the law.

John 1:29 John seeing Jesus coming unto him, said, Behold the Lamb of God, """which taketh away the sin""" of the world.

Faith placed in a sinless Jesus willing, redemptive, sin atoning sacrifice. Fulfilled/met, & paid the laws requirement for & removes/takes away "ALL" of a believers sin. Once our sins have been removed, there is no transgression of the law

Rom 5:13 until (before) the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:2 The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Conclusion:
Those "IN CHRIST" are freed from the laws condemnation brought forth through sin.
Yes,sin Is transgression of the law and the law Is GODs perfect standard of righteousness.Now that JESUS shed HIS blood on the cross for all In the world,the Issue for those who believe In the WORD of GOD Is no longer about keeping the law but the Issue now Is faith.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Yes,sin Is transgression of the law and the law Is GODs perfect standard of righteousness.Now that JESUS shed HIS blood on the cross for all In the world,the Issue for those who believe In the WORD of GOD Is no longer about keeping the law but the Issue now Is faith.
Well said & Amen

Feb 28, 2016
our Faith must abide in what our Saviour's Will is for us -
'submission-obedience-repentance'...

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
our Faith must abide in what our Saviour's Will is for us -
'submission-obedience-repentance'...
Unfortunately these words are usually taken out of context (when we remove the text all thats left is the con). Most of today's Churches mix law & grace.

Caution's against doing this:

Matt 9:17-17, Mark 2:21-22, Luke 5:36-37. All 3 writers are showing us:

Old garments & OLD wine = "OLD"= covenant= Works thru Law keeping.
New garments & NEW wine = "NEW"= covenant= By Grace thru Faith

Lesson: Don't Mix the 2
Lk 39 Pharisee's want to keep the OLD. See (Matt 23:13, 23:37-39) to see what Jesus thought about these Pharisee's

Jesus healed & forgave: sickness, people with demons, people caught in adultery (back then this carried the death penalty!) Yet, He forgave them. He constantly rebuked & reproved the Law loving Pharisee's

Rev 3
15 “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot!
16 So, because you are lukewarm & neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.

Hot = "New" Covenant: Grace thru Faith.
Cold = "Old" Covenant The Law by works.

Lesson: Mixing the 2 covenants makes the Christ, want to throw-up (Rev 3:16)

Rom 1:5 "Through him we received grace" & apostleship "to call all the Gentiles to the obedience" "that comes from faith" for his name’s sake.
(Faith leads to obedience)

Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Rom 16:26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, "so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience" "that comes from faith"
(Gentiles are brought to obedience/repentance/godly living thru Faith)

Faith placed in Christ's redemptive sin atoning work not only purges us from ALL sin. It's our Holy Spirit guided faith, that produces repentance from dead works.

When Faith is your root. Repentance/obedience will be ur fruit.

Acts 10:
44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
(NOTE: These gentiles REPENTED of NOTHING! They heard the goods news, BELIEVED, & were eternally sealed with God's Holy Spirit)

Council At Jerusalem Gentiles & The Law of Moses

Acts 15:5-24
(NOTE: Gentiles were never under the law of Moses. The Apostles send letters to ALL the Churches, making this perfectly clear)

2 Tim 1:9 Who hath saved us, & called us with an holy calling, not according to our works but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began
(NOTE: We our not saved thru our own works or obedience. It's God's grace & our faith place in Christ's faithful sin redemptive work)

Phil 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but "that which is through the faith of Christ", the righteousness which is of God by faith:
(NOTE: Not by our own righteousness obtained thru law keeping. BUT thru the faith "OF" Christ)

Eph 2:8 By grace are ye saved through faith not of yourselves it is the gift of God
(NOTE: We are saved: by the grace of God thru Christ's faithful redemptive work & our faith placed in it)

We access Gods Grace thru Faith (Rom 5:2) placed in Christ's finished redemptive sin atoning sacrificial work. Found in Christ's death, burial & resurrection. Then God imputes/transfers Christ's righteousness onto us & transfers/imputes our sins onto Christ. See this process in Lev 4 & Rom 4:3-8)

Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
(NOTE: Christ' work: Obtained ETERNAL REDEMPTION for us. Not until we miss the mark/sin again)

Not only is Christ out advocate he's our final judge:
Verdict: NOT GUILTY - FULL SIN PARDON!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It has always been my understnding the the wineskin is ur prson. When the new wine, tht is the Holy Spirit is poured into the old winde skin it becomes new.....because of Jesus of course.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
It has always been my understnding the the wineskin is ur prson. When the new wine, tht is the Holy Spirit is poured into the old winde skin it becomes new.....because of Jesus of course.
Hello JaumeJ,

Interesting, thanks for ur input. I read the verses I posted differently.

Matt 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

Mark 2:22 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles.

Luke 5:3 And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old.

I read don't mix the two. Another question to ask the Lord upon His soon return. God bless ya & have a great day. FD

Dec 9, 2011

Conclusion:
Also
+++
John 6:35-44
King James Version(KJV)

32.)Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

33.)For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

34.)Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

35.)And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

36.)But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

37.)All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39.)And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40.)And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

41.)The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.

42.) And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?

43.)Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.

44.)No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise
+++
A person has to believe the WORD of GOD truly and not be focusing on outward appearances.