K
well i'm no Einstein but sin is disobedience.
I'm not asking the "type" and what is considered sin in the bible is already clear.
I'm asking what is sin itself. Please, reading comprehension guys.
well i'm no Einstein but sin is disobedience.
Again, categories are not needed.Breaking God's commandments is sin, period. Sin is also described in three groups...
1 John 2:16 NASB
"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world."
Whatever you sin in, it's from one of those three categories.
I agree
Again, categories are not needed.
I'm asking what sin is.
Telling me it's the seven deadly sins, or whatever doesn't matter. Topic is the definition of sin, not what is considered sin.
I agree
Again, categories are not needed.
I'm asking what sin is.
Telling me it's the seven deadly sins, or whatever doesn't matter. Topic is the definition of sin, not what is considered sin.
Spoken, you really can't say that as Abraham had no law and neither did Issac or Jacob. The only law that Adam had was not to eat of the tree in midst of the garden. Noah had none whatsoever. sin is disobeying what God has told you and if you examine sin it is harmful to you. Sin does not effect God at all the most it can do is grieve Him. Because He loves us so much and God became a man and was tempted as we are and yet remained righteous. He gave Himself as a sacrifice for us. That we may be redeemed. Sin is mans problem the whole reason that you have to weed your garden is sin. When we look to our self it is sin. We must place our faith in the work of the cross because anything else is sin.
Pfft ahahah.
I'm sorry, but the whole "we deserve hell because we are born" mentality died out so long ago.(mid 1300's I think).
No newborn into this world deserves eternal torture, do you not agree?
Because I am not TrueDanish?Ah, TrueDanish! Why don't you buzz off somewhere else?
Ah, TrueDanish! Why don't you buzz off somewhere else?
You disagreed with why it is not about morality, yet you didn't state why
But I can discuss your points on slavery anyway.
1. Christianity didn't come to that conclusion, so it was not self-evident. It's also a rather round-about logic compared to the other commandments which are pretty cut-and-dry.
(not to mention the verses discussing slavery).
Note: I'm not attacking the bible for not saying slavery is wrong. I'm just saying that it does not encompass all of morality.
2. If you wish to debate about biblical slavery, I'd love to do that. But that's not the topic right now so refrain from doing so.
Romans 14:23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.
And I anticipate your disapproving of this answer as well, but if you have eliminated every possible answer to what sin is not, then what you have left is sin (to you anyway).
I don't think you even know what you are asking.
Because I am not TrueDanish?(...)
Doctrine of grace actually would fall under law according to the bible.
Paul can say that sin is the "rejection of grace" but people are punished in the bible for direct reasons of Sin, ergo disobeying the law.
Doctrine of grace has nothing to do with the law. True grace is the absolute severing from the law, though there are co-incidences of expectations between the law and grace. The law stipulates expectations/promises of righteousness/salvation but it's rigors makes it impossible to attain these benefits because the law itself is against our God-given natural attributes. The law puts knows that we need food but demands "Thous shalt not eat..", Knows we are musical beings but demands "thou shalt not sing and dance", knows that we are artistic but commands "thou shalt not beautify or create..", knowing that we are curious by nature, yet commands us not to learn/study. The law itself is the creator of sin because without it, then we are free to express our God-endowed attributes and creativities and enjoyments. It is the subjection to the law and suppression of our natural behaviors that generates all unnatural behaviors like addictions, complexes, sexual deviations(homosexuality, etc), anger, murder, diseases, ultimately leading to death. The law itself is The Sin.
Grace on the other hand has abolished the law so that we can embrace our natures, express ourselves without the guilt, fear and aberrations generated by being subject to the law. So, food for the belly and the belly for food. God has endowed us with the belly and food to enjoy as well as nourish ourselves. It is to God that we give glory for the liberties we now enjoy, for the knowledge we can now acquire, explore and use to recreate and express our godliness. Nothing in nature is forbidden. All things are permissible to use and to learn and develop with.
Alas, christians still make the error of carrying over the definitions in the old law and using them to impose on christian doctrine. These are definitions that's been passed down from the Roman Catholic church(after they hijacked christianity) and propagated by all churches since and up till today. All definitions of doctrine are no longer as they were in the law. Old things are passed and we have new definitions/doctrines under christianity. The law says "these foods are forbidden", grace says "no, it's not". The law says "these drinks are forbidden", grace says "No they are not", the law says "sex without marriage is forbidden", grace says "No, it is not", etc, etc.
The problem is the law comes from god.
Therefore god restricts us from what he gave us.
Which I could spill over into any number of subjects(porn, homosexuality, etc. etc.) but I won't. Lets just keep it at that.