Single forever

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Does it ever feel like God set you up for failure. Like you want to be his but he hates you and you can't do anything about? The Bible says get married if you burn with passion, yet finding a date with another Christian (one your attracted to) is almost impossible. The christian women i met that im attracted to have impossibly out of reach standards or are out of my league in every way. ,(it doesn't help im attracted to the unattainable the most and im very shallow) so basically my only option biblically is to marry, but because of circumstances its impossible, so is God going send me to a lake of fire because i cant stop and he gives me no way out? Does God make people so he can torture there "Evil" for eternity?

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Does it ever feel like God set you up for failure. Like you want to be his but he hates you and you can't do anything about? The Bible says get married if you burn with passion, yet finding a date with another Christian (one your attracted to) is almost impossible. The christian women i met that im attracted to have impossibly out of reach standards or are out of my league in every way. ,(it doesn't help im attracted to the unattainable the most and im very shallow) so basically my only option biblically is to marry, but because of circumstances its impossible, so is God going send me to a lake of fire because i cant stop and he gives me no way out? Does God make people so he can torture there "Evil" for eternity?
Okay I definitely overreacted ( nothing) still this year I seem to be finding new levels of depression I didnt know was possible. I made the mistake of thinking a very pretty woman liked me. I spent weeks thinking I finally found something. Unfortunately she finds the need to still converse with me and I really want to tell her to go away but I cant bring myself to. The thought of her dating someone else is very depressing..

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
To quote Hobbes, of Calvin and Hobbes comic strip...

When life seems like that to me, I take a nap in a tree and wait for supper.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Okay I definitely overreacted ( nothing) still this year I seem to be finding new levels of depression I didnt know was possible. I made the mistake of thinking a very pretty woman liked me. I spent weeks thinking I finally found something. Unfortunately she finds the need to still converse with me and I really want to tell her to go away but I cant bring myself to. The thought of her dating someone else is very depressing..
Seems to me like things are moving right along for you with this woman who still finds the need to converse with you. If you believe that you have found something and this woman seems obviously interested in you then why would you want to tell her to go away? I can understand how you would find thoughts of her dating someone else depressing. At this point though, the ball seems to be in your court.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Seems to me like things are moving right along for you with this woman who still finds the need to converse with you. If you believe that you have found something and this woman seems obviously interested in you then why would you want to tell her to go away? I can understand how you would find thoughts of her dating someone else depressing. At this point though, the ball seems to be in your court.
Are you it wont lead to more pain.? I need be careful with who interact with. But tbh I cant bring myself to cut ties as she is very nice. Still she asked me on a date with no intention of actually dating me. From what I can tell its probably out of pitty she's doing all this 🤔 I dont know its very confusing and she doesn't give straight answers. I guess I'll see where it goes for now. If it is genuine interest I dont want to niss out. Thanks @tourist

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Are you it wont lead to more pain.? I need be careful with who interact with. But tbh I cant bring myself to cut ties as she is very nice. Still she asked me on a date with no intention of actually dating me. From what I can tell its probably out of pitty she's doing all this 🤔 I dont know its very confusing and she doesn't give straight answers. I guess I'll see where it goes for now. If it is genuine interest I dont want to niss out. Thanks @tourist
Based on your own observation I believe that she is showing a genuine interest.

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
My standard is if I were a father and someone like ME wanted to date and marry my daughter (apple of my eye), would I approve this relationship or do everything in my power to make sure it doesn't happen simply becaue this guy isn't ready? Do an honest assessment of yourself and ask yourself if you are ready to love someone as Jesus loved us - and there is a big difference between our good intention/desire to commit and say 'I do' and actually being able to commit and carry out our 'I do's'.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Nope. Absolutely not. Every single relationship you'll ever have contains risk of being hurt. Friends. Family. Strangers on the internet you turn to for advice. All of them run risk. Romantic endeavors can run the greatest risk, though.
Family, we don't choose. We're put into a group of people and bond with them over time. But don't choose them.
Friends, most friends have a cap where the relationship with the only goes so far. We choose them, but only offer so much of ourselves to them.
Romantic relationships are the ones we choose, and that we become most vulnerable in Because we choose them. Even relationships that start the best can crash and burn quickly. Or they can happily last a lifetime. And there's No way to know which it will be.
There is no guarantee of safety. Only the decision of if the risk outweighs the reward.

And when it comes to situations like the one you're currently in, you've set up camp on a bad spot. You won't make a move, but neither will you let go of her. So you sit in the distance waiting for something clear to happen so you don't have to take a risk. That doesn't work. Because regardless of whether or not this woman is interested she's going to bail, eventually.
If she simply likes you as a friend, your distancing from her will become more and more clear. She'll find it pointless to stick around with someone making no effort, and leave.
If she is interested she'll take your lack of action as a lack of interest and move on.

Depressed people tend to view the events around them as "happening to them" and rarely think of their actions (or inactions) as having a part in what happens to them. Nor are they as likely to make active choices to change the world around them. So they perpetually live in a state of "happened to me". And you have placed yourself squarely in that position.
You're in a situation and waiting for it to resolve itself so you A ) don't feel you need to blame yourself for the outcome, and B ) can tell yourself, and everyone else, what happened "to you".
But those are false notions as a lack of action is equally to blame as taking action that don't work out.

Does this woman like you? I can't say for sure. Neither can you. But you'll also never know if you sit back at a distance and wait. Because she will move on either way. Then you're left with "what if I had said something?".
Is the risk of being hurt worth the reward of being with someone? Only you can decide that for yourself. But you need to decide it Before you get in these situations.

Hope it all works out.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Nope. Absolutely not. Every single relationship you'll ever have contains risk of being hurt. Friends. Family. Strangers on the internet you turn to for advice. All of them run risk. Romantic endeavors can run the greatest risk, though.
Family, we don't choose. We're put into a group of people and bond with them over time. But don't choose them.
Friends, most friends have a cap where the relationship with the only goes so far. We choose them, but only offer so much of ourselves to them.
Romantic relationships are the ones we choose, and that we become most vulnerable in Because we choose them. Even relationships that start the best can crash and burn quickly. Or they can happily last a lifetime. And there's No way to know which it will be.
There is no guarantee of safety. Only the decision of if the risk outweighs the reward.

And when it comes to situations like the one you're currently in, you've set up camp on a bad spot. You won't make a move, but neither will you let go of her. So you sit in the distance waiting for something clear to happen so you don't have to take a risk. That doesn't work. Because regardless of whether or not this woman is interested she's going to bail, eventually.
If she simply likes you as a friend, your distancing from her will become more and more clear. She'll find it pointless to stick around with someone making no effort, and leave.
If she is interested she'll take your lack of action as a lack of interest and move on.

Depressed people tend to view the events around them as "happening to them" and rarely think of their actions (or inactions) as having a part in what happens to them. Nor are they as likely to make active choices to change the world around them. So they perpetually live in a state of "happened to me". And you have placed yourself squarely in that position.
You're in a situation and waiting for it to resolve itself so you A ) don't feel you need to blame yourself for the outcome, and B ) can tell yourself, and everyone else, what happened "to you".
But those are false notions as a lack of action is equally to blame as taking action that don't work out.

Does this woman like you? I can't say for sure. Neither can you. But you'll also never know if you sit back at a distance and wait. Because she will move on either way. Then you're left with "what if I had said something?".
Is the risk of being hurt worth the reward of being with someone? Only you can decide that for yourself. But you need to decide it Before you get in these situations.

Hope it all works out.
I did straight up ask her if she wanted to date as I had to be sure. She said we can be friends but a bit suspicious of that as the last woman I asked out treated me like a terrible person with very clear spite after i asked her out. (We were friends before that) I understand everyone is different and some people will act appropriately or inappropriately. I guess both of the times im experiencing the two extremes. One is rude and mean when asked and one who a bit to friendly to guy she turned down. Its very confusing and as you pointed I'm not in the best discerning state. (Tbh I never was)

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
Is this an online dating site/ social media thing or irl?

soberxp

May 3, 2018
I think it's strange. Did you express that you like her or love her?
I think you might want her to come over and tell you that she likes you, or that she loves you
This idea seems too idealistic
You should socialize with her more,not only because she is beautiful.also You need to observe the inside.
I think she's doing the right thing about date, Even if she's dating someone else, it's normal.
I don't judge her, because I don't know her, I can only think from the usual point of view.

At least,the Worst situation,Maybe friends are a hundred times better than lovers sometimes

webuser

Jun 1, 2021
Give it a go. She is interested to a degree and is basing her future decisions on how things go while being vague. So it is a yes. Persist with an eye to being open in the future.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
How do you know that she has asked you out on a date with no intentions of dating you. Maybe she wants to be friends and see if something develops.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I did straight up ask her if she wanted to date as I had to be sure. She said we can be friends but a bit suspicious of that as the last woman I asked out treated me like a terrible person with very clear spite after i asked her out. (We were friends before that) I understand everyone is different and some people will act appropriately or inappropriately. I guess both of the times im experiencing the two extremes. One is rude and mean when asked and one who a bit to friendly to guy she turned down. Its very confusing and as you pointed I'm not in the best discerning state. (Tbh I never was)
Well if you asked her out and she declined, then there is nothing else to wonder about.
Some people are just nice. And when it comes to women, that can be confusing at times. But once a woman refuses your request for a date, it doesn't matter how nice they are. You know where she stands.
While it definitely is nice to have romantic relationships, friendships with good people have their place as well. It sounds to me like she is a good person that appreciates her friendship with you. That's not always easy to find anymore. So though things didn't work how you'd hoped, it sounds like things are still good. Don't let disappoint prevent you from appreciating what you Do have.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
Online. It would probably be worse if it was irl
Ah.. okay i see.
She probably already has a bf or is interested in someone else but is more than willing to accept you as a fanboy with the type of thirsty attention your probably giving especially if your focus is shallow like you said.

I wouldn't blame God for "failure", it could be that you were just taught wrong when dealing with females.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Ah.. okay i see.
She probably already has a bf or is interested in someone else but is more than willing to accept you as a fanboy with the type of thirsty attention your probably giving especially if your focus is shallow like you said.

I wouldn't blame God for "failure", it could be that you were just taught wrong when dealing with females.
...ah. Well I was starting to feel better about this but now im back to extremely depressed...

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Well if you asked her out and she declined, then there is nothing else to wonder about.
Some people are just nice. And when it comes to women, that can be confusing at times. But once a woman refuses your request for a date, it doesn't matter how nice they are. You know where she stands.
While it definitely is nice to have romantic relationships, friendships with good people have their place as well. It sounds to me like she is a good person that appreciates her friendship with you. That's not always easy to find anymore. So though things didn't work how you'd hoped, it sounds like things are still good. Don't let disappoint prevent you from appreciating what you Do have.
sigh I should not have made this thread it got my hopes up again.....I think ill cut ties I don't need friends I need a wife. :/

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
So now I cut ties with the only group I could find a date in and im soon cutting ties with the person I asked out. Im back to being on the bottom again. I should have kept this to myself and dealt with it. I stupidity got hopful again. People wonder why im pessimistic this is the reason why. Hope gets me nowhere.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
So now I cut ties with the only group I could find a date in and im soon cutting ties with the person I asked out. Im back to being on the bottom again. I should have kept this to myself and dealt with it. I stupidity got hopful again. People wonder why im pessimistic this is the reason why. Hope gets me nowhere.
Why can't you just be friends with her and in time see where things go? I am not understanding why this seems impossible.