Hahaha. I just want somebody to tell me what it means when in the online dating world...the guy repeatedly looks at your profile but never sends a message!
dude is stalking you.
Hahaha. I just want somebody to tell me what it means when in the online dating world...the guy repeatedly looks at your profile but never sends a message!
But you can still wink or send sparks for free
I know this is a complicated and touchy subject for all of us, so think clearly before you respond. The title of this post was taken from the following article.
The first post I wrote just now (and promptly deleted after a change of heart) complained bitterly about the passivity of men in the Christian community. I had written a similar post a few years ago regarding single men and their lacklustre approach towards single women, leaning heavily on my own frustrating experiences with men who always admired from afar but were too chicken to actually approach me. I'm not gonna be easy... and no woman who is worth it is gonna be easy for you, stallion.
In my experience beautiful Christ-centred women (I know many!) are sitting there waiting for a Christ-centred man to approach them, to make a move, to be a leader, to fight... and yet there they sit waiting and waiting and the men don't come. Why is this happening? Where are you guys?
But there are two sides to every story and I'm trying to do some fair research on the topic after an older woman approached me and incredulously asked me why I wasn't married and the best answer I could muster up was, "I guess I just haven't met him yet", which sits on my chest heavily laden with spiritual concern for the men in our church. I have my own issues to deal with, as all women do, so I'm not going to blame men entirely for my own experience. But I don't want to make this post about me.
The article I linked is a good first glimpse inside this matter. If you feel that it's a TLDR (Too Long Didn't Read) type of deal then allow me to highlight some of, what I feel, are the best points made:
Women still want men to lead them. This means being an initiator of the relationship. Don't give us that "it's the 21st Century" spiel. WE. WANT. YOU. TO. LEAD.
Men are not preparing themselves to be the men they should be. That means morally, financially, spiritually and relationally.
It is okay to ask God for a wife! My favourite part of this article is this: Spiritual development also involves the building of a prayer life. Speaking of which, it is surprising how few men actually ask God for a wife. Of all things, why would we leave this matter off our prayer list? Perhaps some would argue that it is unspiritual to pray about such a thing, that if God intends us to be married we should disengage from the process and allow Him to override our neutrality. Being neutral is fine if it means surrender and waiting by faith on God's answer (which, by the way, first demands that a request be made), but it is not fine if it implies apathy or cowardice.
The key words here are apathy and cowardice. Does this sound like you or somebody you know?
Lastly, this life is a journey. Take a risk, trust in God, surround yourself with other Christians and meet single women, befriend us and don't be afraid of us! If you want to be loved then you must first love. Ask yourself this: If you believe God has already met you in the depths of your soul then what have you got to lose? Open your hearts, gents. We are waiting for you and we love you!
I'm single and it doesn't bother me..... but I will say this though if a Christian lady likes me it would be nice if she would say something cause alot of times I don't notice the signs the lady gives cause I'm not looking for the signs.
That is true, but do not go with a woman who has interest in you, because that can be anyone. Go with someone who has character and virtue and will in the end, make your life happy. No, you won't find a perfect woman, but you will know the difference between a virtuous woman and a woman who only pretends to be. The latter can make your life end up in much misery.
The U.S. marriage rate is presently lower than any other time in the nation's history including the Civil War, World War I, World War II and the Great Depression which all had a significant impact on the marriage and divorce rate... and it continues to trend downwards.
Demographic Intelligence's U.S. Wedding Forecast projects that by 2016 the marriage rate will fall to 6.7 per 1,000 people, which includes people getting married for the second or third time, which is the lowest rate of marriage in U.S. history.
I would put the blame on this on the moral decay of society.
Ask any young person what they think of things like sex before marriage, or what they feel about divorce. You wont like the answer : /