Single Mom

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I haven't posted in a long time, but I logged in here the other day and have been poking around. There has been something weighing heavy on my heart and mind and I thought I'd reach out here for encouragement.

I am a single mom. My son is 2.5 years old. I am also divorced. My ex husband left me for another woman nearly 5 years ago. I ended up getting pregnant about a year after my husband left me and that man bailed as soon as I told him I was pregnant. So I went through my pregnancy alone and have been raising my son on my own as well.

I feel like my life has been so heavily marked with sin (divorce, sexual immorality, having a child out of wedlock, etc) that I don't really feel like I am forgivable. I am so ashamed of my past. Recently I've given my life back to God and am committed to following Him. I believe I am in my current situation of being a single mom due to all the sin that has been in life. And now, although I've repented, I feel like it's too late for God to really bless me or my son. I feel like it's too late to be a godly woman and too late for God to bless me with a godly and loving husband. I don't even feel like ever dating again, because I've been hurt and used so many times. Even "Christian" men have done the same to me. I'm at a loss. All I've ever wanted was a husband and family, and I feel like because I've messed up so much, it will never happen for me. That I am destined to be alone and my son will never have a father in his life.

Am I wrong for thinking this way? Is there any hope for me?
I don't see how having a child out of wedlock is a sin because God knitted together the baby in the womb. Husband cheated on you and left you so there is no sin with the divorce either. You are already forgiven so you should start believing on that and leave the past where it belongs. Being a Christian man and being a responsible and loving Christian man are two different things. Some Christian men may talk a good game but their actions will show what is really in their hearts. There is no reason why you can't have a loving and faithful husband and if you desire this then please pray for God to search and find a man of your heart's desire who will share the love that is in his heart placed there by God with you. You are not the only one who has messed up in the past, believe me. There are others here that could tell a similar story including myself. Live and learn, let go and let God. Your life has not been heavily marked with sin, just a few dings and scratches here and there just like the rest of us. God will indeed bless you, in fact He already has because He has given you a son.

misskayanne

May 18, 2017
Thank you to everyone that commented on my post and helped me see God's goodness of forgiveness. I wasn't expecting many replies...your kind words, support, and wisdom are so appreciated! :D

W

Wild

I haven't posted in a long time, but I logged in here the other day and have been poking around. There has been something weighing heavy on my heart and mind and I thought I'd reach out here for encouragement.

I am a single mom. My son is 2.5 years old. I am also divorced. My ex husband left me for another woman nearly 5 years ago. I ended up getting pregnant about a year after my husband left me and that man bailed as soon as I told him I was pregnant. So I went through my pregnancy alone and have been raising my son on my own as well.

I feel like my life has been so heavily marked with sin (divorce, sexual immorality, having a child out of wedlock, etc) that I don't really feel like I am forgivable. I am so ashamed of my past. Recently I've given my life back to God and am committed to following Him. I believe I am in my current situation of being a single mom due to all the sin that has been in life. And now, although I've repented, I feel like it's too late for God to really bless me or my son. I feel like it's too late to be a godly woman and too late for God to bless me with a godly and loving husband. I don't even feel like ever dating again, because I've been hurt and used so many times. Even "Christian" men have done the same to me. I'm at a loss. All I've ever wanted was a husband and family, and I feel like because I've messed up so much, it will never happen for me. That I am destined to be alone and my son will never have a father in his life.

Use this as a learning experience , and don't let it get you down. Plenty of good men are out there , and it is never too late with God. Think thief on the cross kinda thing. Good luck

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013

The accuser of the brethren in Jesus Christ our LORD , will habitually try to hinder your walk in Christ by using not only past event , but your very own emotions. It is a good/great idea to keep in your heart and refresh your mind with God word on who you are as of today in Jesus Christ .

Romans 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

misskayanne this scripture is to remind you shalom​

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Thanks for sharing and keeping it real :). My younger sister at 19 had a child out of wedlock, and at the time, everyone was a bag of mix of emotions, but one thing we did was support her in prayer and fasting. My sister for awhile felt guilt and shame in what had happened, but she realised through the love of God that God is a merciful and loving Father, who welcomes all who come and surrender before Him.

9 years later, she is married with 3 additional babies and couldn't be happier.

What I'm saying, as well as what everyone here has echoed is that God will forever be loving to you and your son. Trust Him and believe in Him.

“The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. The Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works.”Psalm 145:8-9.

A

amberlynlover7

Every human being made a mistake once in their life time and learn a lesson. You should be happy and grateful as a single mom that u have a son that u can show love and compassion toward him.

AxeElf

Mar 5, 2019
So what are you doing Friday night?

j/k

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019

"Thanks for sharing.
"No....and yes..........Negative thoughts are normal for normal humans, for we all have some sort
of dark shadows, let it go...life happens, and we learn to move forward.
Each day brings new hope with a God 'consciousness' attitude. We learn to accept things we can't
change, and learn to change the things we can...with this attitude we forgive our self of bad
choices or unpleasant memories, but we learn from these things, hopefully to improve ourselves...
it works so long as we work at it...believe it. A new day brings new opportunities, be all you want to be."
I pray you find what is needed in your life.".......
'Praise God'..........:)

Attachments