Single Vs Realtionship

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

amberlynlover7

I want to know what other people's opinion about being single or in a realtionship. Like do you prefer to be single or in a realtionship.
Also what it like to be single or in a realtionship???

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I realize this is in the young adult forum but I thought I would give my 2 cents. This question never gets old to me. I guess it depends, somewhat, on the day. Sometimes, I get super lonely and ache for a someone. But most of the time, I have learned to find what is right in the now as it is. Which is better? I don't know. I guess if I had me a funny and relatively healthy, lol, man of God who liked team work and kindness, I would think that would be wonderful. However, I think single life can be nice too. Both have pluses and minuses. How about you, what do you prefer or want? I think knowing how to be alone is healthy for a relationship.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Not sure if I answered this already, but I am not entirely sure. And I’m also not entirely sure whether I prefer being single or in a relationship.

When you’re in a relationship you have someone that cares about you, someone that challenges you, and someone that you can lean on and hard times. But sometimes it can also feel a little restricting because the fact that you were having to take into consideration that person‘s time versus your own, and your own schedule and “freedom“ or whatever. When you’re single you can do things when you want, you don’t have to look nice for anybody you’re not trying to impress anybody, but you’re also kind of on your own.

It’s a tossup.

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
I have no problem with being single. There is a assumption that you should be married in order to be happy.

And it is so common and society is not helping. There are pressures to get married. And sadly, many enter into marriage and the marriage is not sanctified by God because people marry with the wrong motive.

They have motive of receiving love from their spouse and once they don't receive it. There rise conflict in the marriage. Rather than loving your spouse unconditionally even if he or she doesn't love you in return. True happiness is not in receiving. It is in giving and when you live for others.

The example of Jesus, He lived for 33 years and was not married. Jesus was found often in prayer and doing bible study. He communed with His father daily and received strength.

While you are single, enjoy that season of your life and when the time comes for you to enter into marriage enjoy it. But what we find today as soon as youth finish study her or she wants to marry. Nothing wrong with marriage but have you matured and are you happy on your own.

Do you need someone else to make you happy, that is the question?