Single women

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sonflower

Jan 30, 2016
Sometimes, I come across a post that makes me go, "Why even try?"

This is one of those posts. 🤦‍♀️

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I believe trump to be the anti-Christ. And the problem is that no one seams (seems) to think that he is bad.LOL.. this is what keeps me up nights.
There English police fixed it for ya.... as I'm sure you meant seem and not the seam pictured below...

1540499005260.png

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I was'nt stating that trump is " THE" anti -christ.. I was meaning it the sense that he is a misogynistic, perverted, prejudice, bigot. You know, like Satan.....
Really? Here's what you said.

"I believe trump to be the anti-Christ. And the problem is that no one seams to think that he is bad.LOL.. this is what keeps me up nights."
From post 170.
And when I countered that saying it wasn't possible you did not deny that was your intent. It wasn't until you were challenged to prove your own claim and faced with evidence contrary that you suddenly denied your own words.
In fact when when I countered your statement you then challenged my knowledge on the matter and defended your idea.
Can't change your tune now.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I no longer know what’s happening in here lol.

I do know some men like less make up on women. Some men like the no make up look on women. And other men like make up on women.

But that’s just the surface ya know. I believe character is more important. Fall in love with good character, and the person will always be attractive.

To recap.... if women don't wear makeup they look like a boy, women like to spend, spend, spend, then some white noise came along and something about men should wear makeup too then went with the anti Christ, Trump and end of days.... now we are all confused. Cause nobody's wearing makeup and we are all just one of the boys now.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I never met a guy who doesn't like makeup on women. Even if they exist, they're very few of all men.

I've met guys who say they don't like makeup on women, but they come from legalistic backgrounds. For them, it's not that they don't like the appearance of makeup, it's that they've been taught any makeup is whorish. And, there are some guys who will also say they don't care if if women wear makeup, but they're just panderers.

I wonder how good a woman's character is if she doesn't want to use makeup to enhance her beauty and femininity for her man.
Mental note to self in order to have a good character must apply makeup.....

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
The best makeup is hardly noticeable, even if it covers he whole face (foundation). Makeup should enhance, without screaming that it's there. If it's a formal occasional (an evening at the Symphony), then heavier makeup is appropriate.

I say any guy who says he does't like any makeup on a woman is lying, but he could quite honestly prefer little makeup.
I'm sticking with the natural color God gave me when He made me up.... If it was good enough for Him it's good enough for me and I'm a great character....

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I almost never see a girl with a guy much less attractive than herself. Appearance is very high on the list for women, along with his money. I don't even know if real kindness makes the short list for what most women want in a guy. It's very true that nice guys finish last.

Of course, what I posted is my opinion. And, it's a very good opinion. If it were a poor opinion, those twits and trolls who have been hating on my for posting what I said could do better than claim women who wear makeup love to spend money on worthless things, are ugly hogs, are clowns, are stupid, and are insecure. (Of course, that's my wording of what those haters posted when they were pathetically insisting women use makeup for reasons other than to enhance their appearance. )

Even those twits and trolls hating on me are concerned with how they look. That's why they don't just throw on a potato sack and be done with it.
While you make a lot of valid points, you erase them with your broad stroke of perceptions that diminish our capacity to grow as children of God

Yes, men and women by nature, are carnal, we hunger for and driven by the external, and even the external validation. So yes, you are spot on, I'll give you that. Regardless if you spend 5 hours or 5000 hours with people, online or off, all you have to do is look at your own tendencies to see the truth of what He in His word tells us about our carnality.

We are on the same page there, I agree. Even as an older gal, I believe I look better and feel better with just a wee bit of makeup. I am white as a ghost, pale as can be without it. I also like getting dolled up, occasionally, that too feeds and agrees with the feminine side of me.

Just because I see truth in your huge generalizations, I see your broader misguided characterization given to both genders.

I don't like to shop, and I don't take pleasure in spending money. I don't think God wants us to put eachother or ourselves in a box that belittles and limits our potential and understanding. I also believe as we get to know Him, the true value and beauty of ourselves and each other changes.

Do you think that I have a better understanding of men than a man? Do you think that even if I spent all my days researching the male of the species, I could draw conclusions of them better than those who are men. I think it is foolish to assume you have us all figured out, anymore than us knowing the entirety of what makes you a man. Besides, you are underestimating the power of His blood working in our lives.

I think we should come together, in unity and valor, but how we do so is in our maker. He does have different roles and responsibilities for each. Yes, He made us different, with different strengths and potential weaknesses. We do better when we meet each other with respect, ready to love and serve one another, in a way that that brings Glory to our Lord and Savior.

We can choose to remain shallow in our thinking, to keep our bitter notions. Sure, we can allow the world and its fallen tendencies to be our focus. We can seek ugly truths to appease or tarnished views of reality. For me, this points back to a higher, more desirable, place to dwell. I can not convince you to give us women a chance to step up into what He has for us, for that choice is yours to make. I will say your doing so, requires that you step up into what He has called you to do.

We are to respect one another, to look beyond what the diminished eyes and perceptions can see. We are to remain as children, humble and teachable, ready to learn from our Lord how He created us to be. He teaches and showed us the things we are to do...to serve one another, and not allow the worlds corruption to collude our salvation. We must grow and learn, loving and forgiving. How can we do this kind sir, if all you see is a clouded and narrow perceptions, ones seeded in human imperfections? Are we not called to be set apart, Holy like Him?

Let's start looking at each other using His eyes of tender mercy. You might be surprised to know that while we will always fall short on our own, serving Him, helps us reach for heights that without Him are unknown.

We all can, and should, do better!!!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I have 79 posts in this forum. You have over 13,000. Yet, you troll me by accusing me of spending all my time trolling forums. Thank you again for the laugh. I always have to make sure my mouth is empty before I read your posts, because I always laugh so hard that I'd spew my food all over the keyboard.
Yeah well... What can I say? If I had to get new accounts and new nicknames all the time my post count would probably be a lot lower too.

if you are not able to read forum posts and eat at the same time without making a big mess, maybe you should try USB keyboards. They are a lot easier to replace and fairly cheap.

Of course a USB keyboard is another piece of luggage to haul around. Maybe try a Bluetooth keyboard instead. Wireless and usually much smaller than a standard USB keyboard.

Of course that is still a piece of luggage to haul around, and you have to worry about another battery life as well. Maybe it would just be better to avoid reading forum posts until after you have finished eating.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Read the post you wrote yesterday 8:39 P.M.......
GATHER ALL YOUR RESOLVE & MIGHT!

I just asked you to QUOTE anything I've said, and I'll be happy to discuss it...
anytime...
and...
then you did the opposite.

I am not going to sort through this whole thread, by time stamps, until I find some old post that you were too lazy to quote by clicking a simple button.

YOU are the one interested in one of my old posts, not me...
so if YOU want to discuss one of my old posts....
you'll need to GATHER ALL YOUR STRENGTH...
and GATHER ALL YOUR RESOLVE...
and then WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT...
REACH OVER WITH YOUR FINGER AND CLICK A BUTTON!!!!!

If you can't put that much effort into YOUR side of the conversation... then it's obviously not something important enough to discuss.

If you cannot find the resolve to click a button, please go to the prayer forum, and ask for prayer.

God Bless,
Max

Davenport

Oct 22, 2018
We can choose to remain shallow in our thinking, to keep our bitter notions.
Appreciation of some makeup is not shallow. But, it is honest, which more than I can say for some of the twits and trolls in this thread (which implicitly accuse you of loving to waste money, being stupid, or some such thing, for choosing to wear makeup).

Shallow would be if appearance mattered more than character, but there's no reason we can't have both, except for those twits and trolls, which have neither.

R

RodB65

So, what you're saying is she doesn't have tattoos or multiple piercings?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Appreciation of some makeup is not shallow. But, it is honest, which more than I can say for some of the twits and trolls in this thread (which implicitly accuse you of loving to waste money, being stupid, or some such thing, for choosing to wear makeup).

Shallow would be if appearance mattered more than character, but there's no reason we can't have both, except for those twits and trolls, which have neither.
If that was your only point in your original post and comments following, then pulling out just one line in my response would be reasonable. I did not ignore your critical tone of assumptions filled with harsh views of women and men, but I see you chose to ignore my desired intent, by taking a piece out of context. Do you agree that we all need to do better, that we are called to step up and away from character assassinations filled with slanderous assumptions, to more right standing positions?

Davenport

Oct 22, 2018
I wonder if I’m a twit or troll.

:unsure:
Were you one of the people in this thread who said women who wear makeup are clowns, stupid, or insecure? That they love to spend money on worthless things? That they're ugly hogs?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Were you one of the people in this thread who said women who wear makeup are clowns, stupid, or insecure? That they love to spend money on worthless things? That they're ugly hogs?
Hey buddy, YOU called all men liars if they claim to prefer women without makeup. You accuse others of broad-brushing?

Oh, and all women who don't wear makeup are not feminine. And they have questionable motives. That was good too.