Sinus issues, Parents Housing, Atheist Partner opening up.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CherryBaby02

Active member
Nov 27, 2025
14
22
3
Australia
discord.com
Hi there everybody,
I’m wanting to make my second thread of prayer request and update since last time was about almost a year ago.

I have an update, my atheist partner whom I was with prior to finding Christ for now 3.5 years, has recently come to me and said that he is opening up to the idea of God and he believes that he exists because of coming to the realisation of all the evil in the world, (from the Devil) — the problem is he feels like God has taken a step back from the world and in a sense has abandoned us or at least isn’t showing himself much anymore… it’s not my ideal situation of him finding God, and I feel like he has a long way to go just like we all do in a weird way. But he asked me to pray for him that he has a God experience of god coming to him, to feel his presence. Because he feels like that would be one of the main things he’d need to feel to convert. Through the last year and a half of my Christian journey it’s been hard dating someone who I don’t see eye to eye with spiritually any more… but he’s been nothing short of amazing and supportive and even offered to take me to church to find some good grounded friends as I lost a lot of my friends within the last year due to my beliefs. He’s even prayed with me before and he has no issue with me talking about God every day or reading scripture to him, and he was not a huge person for marriage but now we have plans to elope now because he knows how important this convenient is, and the marriage would be built of Christianity and so forth, and he now wants to do it. — I’m happy at least that his less closed off than he was and he no longer describes himself as an atheist, I asked for prayers for him to have the presence of God reach over him and he feels that without it having to be in a dire situation.

As for me, I’ve been quite unwell with the last month with RSV which then turned into acute bronchitis, I had a weeks rest with no illness until I got hit with another sickness which now has turned into an aggressive sinus infection, I’m on day 9 and has taken away some of my hearing away due to my tubing being blocked up and I have a tube defect from birth. Hearing is one of those things that is very detrimental to me, and I suffer with mental illness quite a lot so as you can understand not being able to go out and live normal life has been very troubling towards me and my mind… I can’t visit my parents due to one of them being autoimmune compromised, who are currently being forced to live in a caravan as their housing situation has been rough and they haven’t been able to find a home, this has been especially hard because I try to visit them every week, and I haven’t seen them for almost a month now, — they have been applying for many houses, but in Australia the housing crisis is more Paramount than ever so I am just asking for my sinus issues to clear, for me to be able to be healthy so I can at least give my mum comfort because she has been very bleak under the living circumstances. I just want them to be able to live a comfortable life; it’s breaking my heart as they’re the most beautiful and strongest people I know.

If I could also kindly prayers over any three of these requests, my parents finding a house, my partner finding Christ, and my sinuses to heal and clear. I’d be ever so grateful.

I don’t know who’s gonna read this, and I don’t expect anything, but I just want to say that I love all of you my brothers and sisters and I pray that your life is filled with all of life’s blessings. God bless you all. And thank you again. 💕
 
Hi there everybody,
I’m wanting to make my second thread of prayer request and update since last time was about almost a year ago.

I have an update, my atheist partner whom I was with prior to finding Christ for now 3.5 years, has recently come to me and said that he is opening up to the idea of God and he believes that he exists because of coming to the realisation of all the evil in the world, (from the Devil) — the problem is he feels like God has taken a step back from the world and in a sense has abandoned us or at least isn’t showing himself much anymore… it’s not my ideal situation of him finding God, and I feel like he has a long way to go just like we all do in a weird way. But he asked me to pray for him that he has a God experience of god coming to him, to feel his presence. Because he feels like that would be one of the main things he’d need to feel to convert. Through the last year and a half of my Christian journey it’s been hard dating someone who I don’t see eye to eye with spiritually any more… but he’s been nothing short of amazing and supportive and even offered to take me to church to find some good grounded friends as I lost a lot of my friends within the last year due to my beliefs. He’s even prayed with me before and he has no issue with me talking about God every day or reading scripture to him, and he was not a huge person for marriage but now we have plans to elope now because he knows how important this convenient is, and the marriage would be built of Christianity and so forth, and he now wants to do it. — I’m happy at least that his less closed off than he was and he no longer describes himself as an atheist, I asked for prayers for him to have the presence of God reach over him and he feels that without it having to be in a dire situation.

As for me, I’ve been quite unwell with the last month with RSV which then turned into acute bronchitis, I had a weeks rest with no illness until I got hit with another sickness which now has turned into an aggressive sinus infection, I’m on day 9 and has taken away some of my hearing away due to my tubing being blocked up and I have a tube defect from birth. Hearing is one of those things that is very detrimental to me, and I suffer with mental illness quite a lot so as you can understand not being able to go out and live normal life has been very troubling towards me and my mind… I can’t visit my parents due to one of them being autoimmune compromised, who are currently being forced to live in a caravan as their housing situation has been rough and they haven’t been able to find a home, this has been especially hard because I try to visit them every week, and I haven’t seen them for almost a month now, — they have been applying for many houses, but in Australia the housing crisis is more Paramount than ever so I am just asking for my sinus issues to clear, for me to be able to be healthy so I can at least give my mum comfort because she has been very bleak under the living circumstances. I just want them to be able to live a comfortable life; it’s breaking my heart as they’re the most beautiful and strongest people I know.

If I could also kindly prayers over any three of these requests, my parents finding a house, my partner finding Christ, and my sinuses to heal and clear. I’d be ever so grateful.

I don’t know who’s gonna read this, and I don’t expect anything, but I just want to say that I love all of you my brothers and sisters and I pray that your life is filled with all of life’s blessings. God bless you all. And thank you again. 💕

I'm so sorry you are going through all of this!!

God bless you for being a Godly influence on your partner and a comfort to your parents.

I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Blessings to you all! 💖
 
  • Heart
Reactions: CherryBaby02
Hi there everybody,
I’m wanting to make my second thread of prayer request and update since last time was about almost a year ago.

I have an update, my atheist partner whom I was with prior to finding Christ for now 3.5 years, has recently come to me and said that he is opening up to the idea of God and he believes that he exists because of coming to the realisation of all the evil in the world, (from the Devil) — the problem is he feels like God has taken a step back from the world and in a sense has abandoned us or at least isn’t showing himself much anymore… it’s not my ideal situation of him finding God, and I feel like he has a long way to go just like we all do in a weird way. But he asked me to pray for him that he has a God experience of god coming to him, to feel his presence. Because he feels like that would be one of the main things he’d need to feel to convert. Through the last year and a half of my Christian journey it’s been hard dating someone who I don’t see eye to eye with spiritually any more… but he’s been nothing short of amazing and supportive and even offered to take me to church to find some good grounded friends as I lost a lot of my friends within the last year due to my beliefs. He’s even prayed with me before and he has no issue with me talking about God every day or reading scripture to him, and he was not a huge person for marriage but now we have plans to elope now because he knows how important this convenient is, and the marriage would be built of Christianity and so forth, and he now wants to do it. — I’m happy at least that his less closed off than he was and he no longer describes himself as an atheist, I asked for prayers for him to have the presence of God reach over him and he feels that without it having to be in a dire situation.

As for me, I’ve been quite unwell with the last month with RSV which then turned into acute bronchitis, I had a weeks rest with no illness until I got hit with another sickness which now has turned into an aggressive sinus infection, I’m on day 9 and has taken away some of my hearing away due to my tubing being blocked up and I have a tube defect from birth. Hearing is one of those things that is very detrimental to me, and I suffer with mental illness quite a lot so as you can understand not being able to go out and live normal life has been very troubling towards me and my mind… I can’t visit my parents due to one of them being autoimmune compromised, who are currently being forced to live in a caravan as their housing situation has been rough and they haven’t been able to find a home, this has been especially hard because I try to visit them every week, and I haven’t seen them for almost a month now, — they have been applying for many houses, but in Australia the housing crisis is more Paramount than ever so I am just asking for my sinus issues to clear, for me to be able to be healthy so I can at least give my mum comfort because she has been very bleak under the living circumstances. I just want them to be able to live a comfortable life; it’s breaking my heart as they’re the most beautiful and strongest people I know.

If I could also kindly prayers over any three of these requests, my parents finding a house, my partner finding Christ, and my sinuses to heal and clear. I’d be ever so grateful.

I don’t know who’s gonna read this, and I don’t expect anything, but I just want to say that I love all of you my brothers and sisters and I pray that your life is filled with all of life’s blessings. God bless you all. And thank you again. 💕
God bless you. I can see God at work in your story. I am 74. When I look back on my life I can see now that God was working when I couldn’t see it then.
 
Earnest prayers for you, your man and your parents' situation. Sinus infections are very painful so you have my sympathies.

The Lord will work in your life and come to your partner in time. Continue to encourage him the best you can, you're doing great sister 🙏

@Rosemaryx has the exact right quote for you: tell him to continue contemplating, praying and seeking God with ALL his heart. This is not as easy as it sounds but this will be the key for him. And for you! Being equally yoked is vital and Christ is already working in your man's mind. This is excellent news.

Focus on getting healthy, eating well and keeping your thoughts clean - don't be hard on yourself, don't worry and don't despair.

The Lord of all creation will never leave, nor forsake you, your partner or your parents. All is in His mighty hands.
 
Hi there everybody,
I’m wanting to make my second thread of prayer request and update since last time was about almost a year ago.

I have an update, my atheist partner whom I was with prior to finding Christ for now 3.5 years, has recently come to me and said that he is opening up to the idea of God and he believes that he exists because of coming to the realisation of all the evil in the world, (from the Devil) — the problem is he feels like God has taken a step back from the world and in a sense has abandoned us or at least isn’t showing himself much anymore… it’s not my ideal situation of him finding God, and I feel like he has a long way to go just like we all do in a weird way. But he asked me to pray for him that he has a God experience of god coming to him, to feel his presence. Because he feels like that would be one of the main things he’d need to feel to convert. Through the last year and a half of my Christian journey it’s been hard dating someone who I don’t see eye to eye with spiritually any more… but he’s been nothing short of amazing and supportive and even offered to take me to church to find some good grounded friends as I lost a lot of my friends within the last year due to my beliefs. He’s even prayed with me before and he has no issue with me talking about God every day or reading scripture to him, and he was not a huge person for marriage but now we have plans to elope now because he knows how important this convenient is, and the marriage would be built of Christianity and so forth, and he now wants to do it. — I’m happy at least that his less closed off than he was and he no longer describes himself as an atheist, I asked for prayers for him to have the presence of God reach over him and he feels that without it having to be in a dire situation.

As for me, I’ve been quite unwell with the last month with RSV which then turned into acute bronchitis, I had a weeks rest with no illness until I got hit with another sickness which now has turned into an aggressive sinus infection, I’m on day 9 and has taken away some of my hearing away due to my tubing being blocked up and I have a tube defect from birth. Hearing is one of those things that is very detrimental to me, and I suffer with mental illness quite a lot so as you can understand not being able to go out and live normal life has been very troubling towards me and my mind… I can’t visit my parents due to one of them being autoimmune compromised, who are currently being forced to live in a caravan as their housing situation has been rough and they haven’t been able to find a home, this has been especially hard because I try to visit them every week, and I haven’t seen them for almost a month now, — they have been applying for many houses, but in Australia the housing crisis is more Paramount than ever so I am just asking for my sinus issues to clear, for me to be able to be healthy so I can at least give my mum comfort because she has been very bleak under the living circumstances. I just want them to be able to live a comfortable life; it’s breaking my heart as they’re the most beautiful and strongest people I know.

If I could also kindly prayers over any three of these requests, my parents finding a house, my partner finding Christ, and my sinuses to heal and clear. I’d be ever so grateful.

I don’t know who’s gonna read this, and I don’t expect anything, but I just want to say that I love all of you my brothers and sisters and I pray that your life is filled with all of life’s blessings. God bless you all. And thank you again. 💕

Praying for you and your partner. You shouldn't have low expectations, where two or more gather in the name of God, that's where He is. He will work things out for your good as He's willing and able. Yoke yourself to Him and get excited about the miracle coming forth...

May God guide you and see you and your partner flourish in His name, receiving and following His word, in Jesus' name, amen. Trust in Him and He will see you shine.

How's your bearded Dragon, by the way?
 
Praying for you and your partner. You shouldn't have low expectations, where two or more gather in the name of God, that's where He is. He will work things out for your good as He's willing and able. Yoke yourself to Him and get excited about the miracle coming forth...

May God guide you and see you and your partner flourish in His name, receiving and following His word, in Jesus' name, amen. Trust in Him and He will see you shine.

How's your bearded Dragon, by the way?
Thank you so much for the kind words, and yes I have great faith that Christ has written my story exactly how it’s meant to be. <3 amen.

My beardie is doing really well, praise the Lord. He’s had to have surgery, which was very expensive but very worth it in the end. Now he’s just on a special diet and on permanent natural medicine. Thank you very much for asking. And may god bless you ❤️🙏🏼
 
Hi CherryBaby02,

I have heard that Australia government policies have made houses unaffordable and ridiculous hurdles to jump over to buy and sell. My heart goes out to your family and will pray for you.

If I could sit down with you and your fiancee I would share God's grace with you. It will be good to read this to him and let him read it himself to make sure he understands because this is the most important thing that we can ever consider.

I went to a lot of different churches growing up and was wondering what is required to go to Heaven when I die. I had already had many close calls by the time I was a teenager.
Perhaps you have that question too.

Every church I recall told us we had to do good works to get to Heaven. Living a life of good certainly improves our lives in so many ways. That's why the Lord gave His people instructions on how to please Him and appropriate behavior that makes life much better. However, those good works must be differentiated from His requirement for salvation.

One day a man knocked on my door and cared enough to show me from the Bible where I had been mistaken. We all know that Jesus paid for ALL of our sins, past present and future. He suffered crucifixion on the cross, was buried in the tomb and arose the third day.
The part that I was confused about was my part. What did I have to do to be saved?

Some churches led me to believe that I had to do good works, sacraments, turning from/ quit sinning, clean up my life, get baptized, etc. Those are all good works.
The man who visited me cared enough to show where I was wrong from the Bible.

Ephesians 2:8
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Grace is God's kindness that we do not earn or deserve.
Faith is a trust spoken about in John 3:16 KJV and uses the word believe. Jesus is the sole Object of that trust and it's not in ourselves.
Salvation is the gift from God.
God the Father so loved the world that HE GAVE His only begotten Son.
The Son gave His life in atonement for our sins, not we ourselves.
We receive it by His grace through faith in Jesus.
Salvation is not earned by any of our works.
9Not of works, lest any man should boast.
I am so very grateful that he shared that important fact with me. I had the cart before the horse. I was misled to think growing up that all the commands in the Bible applied to salvation when in fact we all have broken many commands.
Revelation 21:8 KJV lists sins like fear and lying as those who shall go to the Lake of Fire and Brimstone.
I've certainly told lies before, been fearful and unbelieving in Christ. Have you ever done any of those? According to God's word, where do we deserve to go, Heaven or Hell?
That's a humbling thing, but before anyone can be saved, they need to acknowledge this fact.

The way I was wrongly taught growing up a Catholic and some protestant churches, was that my good works had to be added to what Jesus already did, as if His sacrifice was not enough. It's the pride of man that exalts his own good works as we know that when it comes to getting saved, "all of our righteousnesses are as filthy rags."
Isaiah

That means we are already condemned to Hell. John 3:18,36
18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
People trust in their own ways to be saved and as sincere as they are, they are sincerely wrong. That goes for many ministers too.

But notice that Salvation from sins and the consequences of going to Hell/condemnation has been paid in full. How do we receive that gift that Jesus paid for when He suffered in our place, died and arose the third day?
It is told to us exactly 100 times in the gospel of John. Believe is the word. This word does not just mean to know about Him, it means to trust because we are saved by His grace through faith.
The object of that is Who?

Jesus Christ Who is absolute perfect God and Man.
He is the only One qualified to pay for sins. As man He could suffer and die in our place to save us from death in Hell. As God, He is the One Who brings us peace and life with the Father.

We must acknowledge the fact that He is able and WILL do what He promises by imparting to us His gift of everlasting life.
The gift has been paid in full and we add nothing to it at all.
He offers it to you now and I will lead you in a simple prayer to Him, asking for that.

Dear Jesus,
I am a sinner in need of salvation. I deserve the punishment of Hell, but thank You for suffering torture and dying for me. I know that You were buried in a tomb and arose the third day.
I know that my good works can Not save or add anything to that.
I'm deciding right now to trust You alone to save me and take me to Heaven whenever I die.
Thank You for Your promise and gift of Everlasting Life.
Amen

11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 14And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
I John 5

Did you just pray that prayer to Jesus just now?
According to the Bible, where will you go when you die?

[IMG alt="LTL"]https://christianchat.com/data/avatars/m/346/346165.jpg?1779343361[/IMG]