slain in the spirit???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kenisyes

Since I once lost a full time ministry position over my opinions on this (and proving them correct by NOT going down even when pushed) I am entitled to an opinion.

99% of "slaying in the spirit" is sensationalism and/or mass hypnosis.

Once in a great while it is real. What happens then is God wishes to minister to a person intensely and intimately. The experience is so intense, it draws on the person's whole consciousness. The part of your subconscious brain that keeps your muscles tensed the right way, so that you stay standing, gives itself over to sharing in what God is doing, and so stops doing its usual job. That's why you fall over. This is also why, people who are "rested" for real, do not get hurt falling.

In either case, there is nothing miraculous about it. Cures sometimes result, and some of those are miraculous, since that is one of the ways God ministers to people. With falling over, or without falling over, just keep your eyes on Jesus, let Him do as He pleases, and let the scientific explanations take care of themselves.

Caring ministers have people sit down when they are praying with/over them.

Feb 17, 2010
Slain in the Spirit. Boy did Satan already have a great show on that! Just look at the SHOWSTOPPING performances of the showmen preachers. Like that video on Benni Hinn we saw the other day. Well that is the worst SALIN IN THE SPIRIT I know of.

The BEST I know is in the Bible. And that is with Elijah and Paul. And to fully understand this we have to go through some Truths in the Bible. So let us go, and please do not argue about this, because I do not suck these things from my thumb. It is written in God's Word and it is there so we can form our doctrine with HIS TRUTH.

Right we have to start with the Tabernackle and what went on there. As this was the first place where man would meet with God in SPIRIT! When the High Priest, wanted to talk to God in the HOLY OF HOLY, the THIRD stage of holiness about the Tabernackle that priest was to do offerings to be ABSOLUTELY CLEAN. If he had one impurity on him, he would DIE in the presence of the LORD GOD!

Same as God said only LEVITES may touch the arc, and when one non-levite touched the arc when he thought it was falling, he died on the spot. Same as the two people that sold their land in Acts and lied to the Spirit about the amount they got for their land, they BOTH died one after the other.

So before being SLAIN in the Spirit can happen, and to survive the experience a person has to be COMPLETELY CLEAN OF SIN! There is NO doubt about that. If the Spirit of God is angered, or decieved or lied too, or in false mood approached, it certainly will be FATAL to the sinner.

God's Spirit CANNOT cover, come on, or abide in a dark place! The Spirit of God is light, and ALL darkness is chasened out in the LIGHT. Only a CLEAN place can be ENLIGHTENED with the Spirit. To be SLAIN by the Spirit of God and to survive you better be CLEANSED 100% Fortunately the SAME Spirit also SHOWS the sin in our lives, so it will almost be suiecide to ignore His reproof of sin. But i know the two landsellers did reject HIS reproof on the price and they both payed with their lives.

So this is no more time for games and pretentious holiness. If you are not CLEAN, do not expect God to SLAIN you with HIS Spirit. Elijah was a holy prophet, and 100% clean when the Spirit slain him, and Paul was 100% clean when he was slain and transported. Both men experienced a SEPERATION from their bodies. It was so real that they still do not know whether it was in the flesh or only in SPIRIT! But they both saw places, where there bodies were not!

Elijah was in his home when the SPIRIT SLAIN (seperated) him from his body. His body was still in his house with the elders and still sitting as he was, but the spirit of Elijah was taken from his body to travel with God's Spirit to Jerusalem, and he was shown the abomination that was accuring there.

Paul was right here on earth, and the Spirit of God did a bit more with his spirit, and who knows, maybe his flesh as well.... but he was transported to third heaven (paradise) and he saw things, heard things, that was not permitted to be talked about. Things so glorious, that it CANNOT be told in human terms.

Slain in the SPIRIT of GOD, is to be seperated and taken to places God wants to take you too. It might be other cities, it might be in a certain house in your town, it might even be to third heaven. God's Spirit may even take you back or forward in time, Daniel experienced that. So did John.

Time and space is all under God's control, and HE can do things we cannot even imagine. Fortunately some of His people wrote down what they experienced.... I love the Word of God and how He allows us to know things that HE CAN AND STILL DO!

Feb 19, 2013
I am confused about this. I have not found any instances of this happening in the Bible, but in 2003 I had hepatitis c and went to a healing service at church, the pastor put his hand in front of me and started to pray, he didn't touch me, all throughout my body, I felt a warm sensation, and I was on the floor! 2 years later my doctor told me I no longer had hepatitis c
Please post your thoughts
I do not believe my healing wasn't from God, and I know God is not the author of confusion, nevertheless I'm still confused! If that makes any sense
I have been slain in the spirit 4 times in my life, and they were the most intese, glorious, wonderful, heaven on earth experinaces!

You sound like you have baought into the lie that says that if a miriacle happens that is not in the bible then it is not of God. this doctrine is a lie! God does not give us a list of miacles that He says are the miracles of God, and all other miracles are of satan! the scripture says:

John 21:25
25 And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen. NKJV

This passage makes it plain that Jesus did all kinds of miracles that were so numerous and varied that it was not possible to record them all! We do not know what type of miracles He did, but he did whole lot of them.

John 14:12
"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father NKJV

This verse tells us that we will do 'greater miracles' then what Jesus did! the two words 'greater miracles' indicates different kinds of miracles then what jesus did that are 'greater' then what He did while on the earth. Hence it is expected that we should see God do all kinds of miracles that have not been recorded in the bible! God is all powerful! And He can do anything that He wants to do! Nothing is impossible for Him! and if He wants to bless us by kncking us out with his power and fillling every cell of our bodies with His intense love: Then He can do that! It is uterly a sin for people to try to put God in a box and limit His power but saying that God only does the miracles that are recorded in the Bible and all other miracles are of Satan. Ths verges on blaspheme of the Holy Spirit!

So I encourage you to thank God that He loved you enough to 'slay' you in His Spirit and heal you of your disease! Your experiance was definatel from God and of God!!! So rejoyce and be glad!!!

elder1

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is one thing to report one has felt the Love of God, and quite another to say one knows His mind. His ways are not our ways.

P

Powemm

Elijah was in his home when the SPIRIT SLAIN (seperated) him from his body. His body was still in his house with the elders and still sitting as he was, but the spirit of Elijah was taken from his body to travel with God's Spirit to Jerusalem, and he was shown the abomination that was accuring there.

THANK YOU so much for putting this up !!!!!!!
This is EXACTLY what happened to Me while at work .
I was sitting at my desk doing my job when I was taken and shown the earth and spoken too..
This brings yet another confirmation that it really did happen .. there is a separation of the body and spirit ..when I returned to my body my lips and face were numb , I wasn't sure if I had even been breathing .. I was not sure what happened but I knew it was God.. I was still sitting at my desk when I returned .. Same position

Feb 19, 2013
Since I once lost a full time ministry position over my opinions on this (and proving them correct by NOT going down even when pushed) I am entitled to an opinion.

99% of "slaying in the spirit" is sensationalism and/or mass hypnosis.

Once in a great while it is real. What happens then is God wishes to minister to a person intensely and intimately. The experience is so intense, it draws on the person's whole consciousness. The part of your subconscious brain that keeps your muscles tensed the right way, so that you stay standing, gives itself over to sharing in what God is doing, and so stops doing its usual job. That's why you fall over. This is also why, people who are "rested" for real, do not get hurt falling.

In either case, there is nothing miraculous about it. Cures sometimes result, and some of those are miraculous, since that is one of the ways God ministers to people. With falling over, or without falling over, just keep your eyes on Jesus, let Him do as He pleases, and let the scientific explanations take care of themselves.

Caring ministers have people sit down when they are praying with/over them.
Sir, I have been slain in the spirit on 4 seperate occasions. and I can tell you from my experiance, it had nothing to do with any kind of hypnosis! Let me explain to you what the experiance is like: The Love of God comes upon you and enters into your mind and body. His love is so intense that your mind cannot handle it, so it shuts down and you black out. you then fall down. When you wake up: every cell of your body is filled with intense love! There is no grater encounter with God that a person can have hear on earth that is greater then this experiance!

I also can tell you that when the experiance is genuine, you dont get hurt when you fall. I know this from experiance: the second time I was slain in the spirit, I was in a pentacostal church standing in the front row worshiping God. All of a sudden I blacked out. I woke up two folded in two between two pews. I was 2 pews back from where I had been standing and every cell of my body was filled with warm, intense love! I was in heaven on earth! my head was resting on the pew and my legs were over the back of the pew in front of me. The other people in the church came over and asked me if I was ok. I told them that I was fine, and asked them help me get out of there. they did, and then I asked them about how I had gotten there. And a man replyed and said 'you don't know how you got there?' I said 'No, I have no Idea. that last thing I remember was I was standing in the front praising god, then I blacked out and when I came back aware of my surroundings I was here. Then the man tole me that they had watched me shoot up into the air about 15' and then fall inbetween the pews! Now I was not hurt at all by the experiance! and this experiance showed me that when somene is truly slain in the spirit, then they do not get hurt by the fall!

I really wish that people who have never experianced this phenomina would stop trying to anylize it. Because they have no personal experiance with it to draw from! Being 'slain' by the spirit of God is beutiful, powerful, wonderful, and awsome! It is the most powerful experiance that a person on earth can experiance!!! And it is, to say the least, harmless! There is no negative side effect to the expriance at all! I pray that everyone would get slain in the spirit!

Elder1

P

Powemm

I can tell you, God is gentle, I was not at all scared in the presence of what was happening during that journey.. God showed me things in a way I could understand and all in a loving way. His voice is neither male Nor female , not audible but heard in the spirit .. He spoke few words, "Eye of God" is what was spoken ... he revealed the story behind it with a movement of the earth transforming into an eye, the pupil became a womb where Jesus (the apple of His eye and His seed who is in us , appeared.. When Jesus spoke He revealed the story of the picture that had just been shown to me ..using all the earth to depict and confirm it was indeed God who can "only do" such things.. there are no words good enough to describe what I was shown .. Slain in the spirit ? " Slain" is so far on the other side of the spectrum of what that journey was like with Him..
Divinely beautiful is more like it .. Slain would be, if I rejected what happened ..

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The voice you heard is so beautiful. I have heard Him also, and there were no words, yet I am able to say in words what was said. He is gentle yet Almighty. He is the sum total of all our true pride, yet humble. I believe this voice is the langauge spoken of, prophesied in Zephaniah, the pure tongue. He is good, ever good, amen. The terms people use really are limited to words, but the experience is easily shared with words, even few, for it is so pure. God bless you always in Yeshua, Jesus, amen.[ QUOTE=Powemm;971225]I can tell you, God is gentle, I was not at all scared in the presence of what was happening during that journey.. God showed me things in a way I could understand and all in a loving way. His voice is neither male Nor female , not audible but heard in the spirit .. He spoke few words, "Eye of God" is what was spoken ... he revealed the story behind it with a movement of the earth transforming into an eye, the pupil became a womb where Jesus (the apple of His eye and His seed who is in us , appeared.. When Jesus spoke He revealed the story of the picture that had just been shown to me ..using all the earth to depict and confirm it was indeed God who can "only do" such things.. there are no words good enough to describe what I was shown .. Slain in the spirit ? " Slain" is so far on the other side of the spectrum of what that journey was like with Him..
Divinely beautiful is more like it .. Slain would be, if I rejected what happened ..[/QUOTE]

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
@Elizabeth
Just wanted to say I don't believe in hypnotism, I think it's evil, cause you have to open up your mind to another, and all kinds of issues can come from that
Which is exactly why I no longer dabble in hypnosis. I know how to do it. I learned a long time ago. When someone is put in a trance like state they are putting their trust in the hypnotist. We are to trust in God. Not man.

An evil hypnotist will manipulate his subject to do what he wants, and many faith healers do this.
This is one reason why I am very critical when it comes to the discussion of spiritual/ supernatural gifts.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
I am confused about this. I have not found any instances of this happening in the Bible, but in 2003 I had hepatitis c and went to a healing service at church, the pastor put his hand in front of me and started to pray, he didn't touch me, all throughout my body, I felt a warm sensation, and I was on the floor! 2 years later my doctor told me I no longer had hepatitis c
i don't see the connection.
Hepatitis C sometimes goes into remission, and some people's bodies actually overcome it entirely.

15-25% have immune systems that are able to clear the virus without any treatment.

2 years between being 'slain in the spirit' and an all-clear doesn't make a connection for me.

P

Powemm

Bless you in Christ JuameJ

K

kenisyes

Sir, I have been slain in the spirit on 4 seperate occasions. and I can tell you from my experiance, it had nothing to do with any kind of hypnosis! Let me explain to you what the experiance is like: The Love of God comes upon you and enters into your mind and body. His love is so intense that your mind cannot handle it, so it shuts down and you black out. you then fall down. When you wake up: every cell of your body is filled with intense love! There is no grater encounter with God that a person can have hear on earth that is greater then this experiance!

I also can tell you that when the experiance is genuine, you dont get hurt when you fall. I know this from experiance: the second time I was slain in the spirit, I was in a pentacostal church standing in the front row worshiping God. All of a sudden I blacked out. I woke up two folded in two between two pews. I was 2 pews back from where I had been standing and every cell of my body was filled with warm, intense love! I was in heaven on earth! my head was resting on the pew and my legs were over the back of the pew in front of me. The other people in the church came over and asked me if I was ok. I told them that I was fine, and asked them help me get out of there. they did, and then I asked them about how I had gotten there. And a man replyed and said 'you don't know how you got there?' I said 'No, I have no Idea. that last thing I remember was I was standing in the front praising god, then I blacked out and when I came back aware of my surroundings I was here. Then the man tole me that they had watched me shoot up into the air about 15' and then fall inbetween the pews! Now I was not hurt at all by the experiance! and this experiance showed me that when somene is truly slain in the spirit, then they do not get hurt by the fall!

I really wish that people who have never experianced this phenomina would stop trying to anylize it. Because they have no personal experiance with it to draw from! Being 'slain' by the spirit of God is beutiful, powerful, wonderful, and awsome! It is the most powerful experiance that a person on earth can experiance!!! And it is, to say the least, harmless! There is no negative side effect to the expriance at all! I pray that everyone would get slain in the spirit!

Elder1
You had 4 occurrences of the 1% I mentioned. And you are right. The real ones are just God ministering to you. To get my count, you have to add the hundreds of people "slain" at services every weekend. Almost all of these are phoney and nothing like what you experienced.

C

carey

Please read my clarification on this

i don't see the connection.
Hepatitis C sometimes goes into remission, and some people's bodies actually overcome it entirely.

15-25% have immune systems that are able to clear the virus without any treatment.

2 years between being 'slain in the spirit' and an all-clear doesn't make a connection for me.

C

carey

I was not in remission, it's completely gone, and has never returned