So fed up can't handle this much more!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Prognostic

Jan 5, 2018
I'm just so fed up of being so stupid and foolish. So self centred and selfish. All I do is think about myself. I pray often the sinners prayer and ask for power not to sin again. I always find myself thinking never again, never again and then end up thinking, why have I done this again!? I just can't seem to stop or help myself. I'm sick and tired of doing these abhorrent things and letting myself and people down time and time again. All because I don't put God first! It's like my mind just wont learn. Don't want to be like this again. Then put God first. That's all it is and all I need to do you'd think it was the easiest thing ever and it should be! Please I pray, will someone pray for me so something gets through to God other than my own pathetic ramblings just so He knows how I'm feeling and that I want to change, once and for all!

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Father we bring this person before you,this troubled soul who needs you light to shine on their pathway. Lord I believe you suffered every temptation that we go thru yet you walked without sin. You gave so much because of your love,that is what held you to the cross. Reveal yourself,your love and your power unto this child,Lord. As they cry out to you for overcoming help ,you hear and answer. It is your desire to give good gifts to your children. Bless the inner turmoil that is causing distress and rebuke the enemy of our souls. I pray for YOUR peace to replace the distress and your comfort and love to lift this burden. We know we are to suffer for righteousness same but this distress is tearing this person down. Bring your word alive in their heart,and the intimacy of talking with you. We trust you ,Lord for deliverance and we thank you that you are always attentive to your ppl. We ask in Jesus name! Amen!

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
I pray often the sinners prayer and ask for power not to sin again. I always find myself thinking never again, never again and then end up thinking, why have I done this again!?
There is no power in the 'sinner's prayer.'
What you need is the power of the Holy Spirit within you so as to enable you to become an overcomer.
You need to be converted by the true gospel and by receiving God into your life and soul.
In other words you must be born new again spiritually …

https://trffresno.org/

L

Locoponydirtman

I think a read of Romans chapter 8 will help ya right out.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
There is no power in the 'sinner's prayer.'
What you need is the power of the Holy Spirit within you so as to enable you to become an overcomer.
You need to be converted by the true gospel and by receiving God into your life and soul.
In other words you must be born new again spiritually …

https://trffresno.org/

This PERSON simply ASKED for prayer,not condemnation!

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
This PERSON simply ASKED for prayer,not condemnation!
1: I did not condemn him but offered some Christian wisdom.
2: it is much better for @Prognostic to be able to pray for himself with power in order to overcome the flesh.
3: you gotta stop stomping on peoples here in CC.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
1: I did not condemn him but offered some Christian wisdom.
2: it is much better for @Prognostic to be able to pray for himself with power in order to overcome the flesh.
3: you gotta stop stomping on peoples here in CC.

I wasn't stomping on anyone! You answer appeared to me to condem. We do not know the walk of this person,I certainly hope when I ask for prayer you don't stop by! There are many threads on salvation,working for the kingdom and the Holy Spirit! He has been here long enough to have garnered this info...so please just pray!

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
HOLY SPIRIT DOVE.jpg animated-dove-gif-8 - Copy - Copy.gif
"I pray of the Holy Spirit to be known in your life"
'Amen'

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I'm just so fed up of being so stupid and foolish. So self centred and selfish. All I do is think about myself. I pray often the sinners prayer and ask for power not to sin again. I always find myself thinking never again, never again and then end up thinking, why have I done this again!? I just can't seem to stop or help myself. I'm sick and tired of doing these abhorrent things and letting myself and people down time and time again. All because I don't put God first! It's like my mind just wont learn. Don't want to be like this again. Then put God first. That's all it is and all I need to do you'd think it was the easiest thing ever and it should be! Please I pray, will someone pray for me so something gets through to God other than my own pathetic ramblings just so He knows how I'm feeling and that I want to change, once and for all!

The "sinners prayer" is an acknowledgement that you are a sinner, that you can do nothing to save yourself, and therefore need a Savior. You recognize the ONLY Savior as Jesus Christ, God in the Flesh.
You understand that He died to pay your sin debt, and that He rose from the grave after 3 days.

Jesus only died for you, and everyone else, JUST ONCE! You were born again JUST ONCE. You do NOT have to repeat this prayer over and over. In some ways, it is actually bad to repeat it.

If you want to walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh, then FEED the Spirit and NOT the flesh. Also, the moment that sinful desire comes into your mind, THAT is the time to ask Jesus to take it from you. not while your in the midst of the sin.

Stop focusing on your sin, and focus on Jesus and the Word.

Dear Father, show this man that he is indeed free in Your Son. In Jesus Name

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I wasn't stomping on anyone! You answer appeared to me to condem. We do not know the walk of this person,I certainly hope when I ask for prayer you don't stop by! There are many threads on salvation,working for the kingdom and the Holy Spirit! He has been here long enough to have garnered this info...so please just pray!
Even the most staunch reformed thinkers make a big deal of the "sinners' prayer" having no particular efficacy.

I think it was fine for Waggles to address that, since the OP brought it up.

Let's all take a deep breath, relax, and realize everyone just wants to help the OP.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
The more you read and study the bible the stronger you will become and the more settled in you walk with Christ. We are described as babes in Christ and told we must grow and mature in Christ.

Failing is part of growing. Keep praying and keep reading the word of God. Your doubts and your fears will grow dim and you will walk in the light as He is in the light.

No one ever achieves sinlessness in this body. That you are striving to do better is a good sign. Don't give up but stay on your knees and God will bless.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
In a sense I understand what you are going through.

I'm fed up of being me.
Do the things I dont want to do yet hate it then do it again.
I'm sick and tired of it as well.

Goodness knows how many times when I think of the things I have a done and say to myself "Bill what a twat you are" Then I can and do go down the rabbit hole of despair.

Actually I think you are in the right place.

The only thing that I would say before I move further is that the sinners prayer as understood today is not the answer.

But if you have placed your faith in Jesus and want to be like him then you do not need to keep on praying the sinners prayer.

A prayer unto salvation does not need to repeated again and again to be saved.

That's why I think you are in the right place, because you hate your sin.

Paul himself hated his sin, he hated the things that he did but also the things that he did not do.

Yet he reavealed the solution to the problem.

Read Romams 5-8.

Father we pray for @Prognostic

We pray that he knows you are the answer to his problems, just as you do for all of us.
Thank you that he is honest with his issues.
You can and will walk with people who are honest.
We thank you that the answer is you and not us.
Holy Spirit work in prognostic to reveal to him.
Release from guilt and fear.
He is seeking after you, to be like you.

Prognostic

Jan 5, 2018
Thanks guys. I really appreciate your help! I was doing okay. I was doing kind of well for myself. But slipped up last night and screwed things up for myself. Going to sink into a dark hole of despair and darkness and resentment for a few days now. Have turned my fone off. People are calling me but I can't speak to anyone. As soon as I do they'll know something is wrong with me. I'm just an idiot my life is so pointless and rubbish. I have nothing going for me just heart break after heart break and I can't do it anymore. I don't mean to sound melodramatic. But I just cannot be bothered with this life anymore I don't want it. And I'm fed up with God just ignoring me all the time. Probably because of the couple sins I cherish or something I haven't confessed to or truly repented of. I didn't ask for this life! I'm not fully responsible for all of my actions. God has to take some responsibility for it. He created me! I hate to do this but I can't help how I feel right now. So alone, so scummy. Can't stand being like this I just can't stand it any more so sick and tired of this life. Yet that said I would never do anything suicidal like try and kill myself somehow that's just not me! I could never do that to myself. So my only choice is to stick it out until the end and just try and learn from my mistake(s). I've thought this so much and been here so many times so you'd think I would have learned by now but no I don't because I'm a dummy with crap for brains and don't care about anyone but myself. Sorry that I haven't posted in a while and aren't saying good things and a better note but that's just the way it is.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Thanks guys. I really appreciate your help! I was doing okay. I was doing kind of well for myself. But slipped up last night and screwed things up for myself. Going to sink into a dark hole of despair and darkness and resentment for a few days now. Have turned my fone off. People are calling me but I can't speak to anyone. As soon as I do they'll know something is wrong with me. I'm just an idiot my life is so pointless and rubbish. I have nothing going for me just heart break after heart break and I can't do it anymore. I don't mean to sound melodramatic. But I just cannot be bothered with this life anymore I don't want it. And I'm fed up with God just ignoring me all the time. Probably because of the couple sins I cherish or something I haven't confessed to or truly repented of. I didn't ask for this life! I'm not fully responsible for all of my actions. God has to take some responsibility for it. He created me! I hate to do this but I can't help how I feel right now. So alone, so scummy. Can't stand being like this I just can't stand it any more so sick and tired of this life. Yet that said I would never do anything suicidal like try and kill myself somehow that's just not me! I could never do that to myself. So my only choice is to stick it out until the end and just try and learn from my mistake(s). I've thought this so much and been here so many times so you'd think I would have learned by now but no I don't because I'm a dummy with crap for brains and don't care about anyone but myself. Sorry that I haven't posted in a while and aren't saying good things and a better note but that's just the way it is.
You the child of the Father.
You are the reason why Jesus came for you.

He has not ignored you at all.
That's why he died for you.

The things you call yourself are not from God.

If not then who is whispering these lies to you?

Jesus said that God loves you as much as he loves him.

THAT IS THE TRUTH.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I didn't ask for this life! I'm not fully responsible for all of my actions. God has to take some responsibility for it. He created me!
Hello Prognostic :) I hope you do not mind my having edited your post to just these statements. The thing is? God has already taken full responsibility for your sins through the death of Christ Jesus on the cross. However, it did not end there, for Jesus was raised to new life, overcoming sin and death on our behalf. It sounds like you have had a bit of a rough go recently, and are simply bitterly disappointed that things did not work out the way you had hoped and/or planned. And you do have to take personal responsibility for the choices you make, or you will always feel like a piece of victimized crap. Yes, you will live and learn to make better choices, or at least go in with your eyes wide open, so when the poop hits the fan and the rug is pulled out from under you as it has been, you will be prepared by having at least acknowledged such possibilities beforehand, and be able to give yourself some credit for having been willing to take the risks involved regardless. Because we all want to love and be loved, and we all fail at different times in our lives on all fronts, and it is devastating, but this too shall pass, and you will live to love another day.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
John 12:25

Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

John 15:19

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

James 4:4

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

1 John 2:15

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1 Corinthians 4:11

Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwelling place; 12 And labor, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: 13 Being defamed, we entreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the off scouring of all things unto this day. 14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you."

Matthew 5:3

“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. 6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. 7 Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. 9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. 10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Luke 6:20

“Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. 21 Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh. 22 Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. 23 “Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets. 24 “But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort. 25 Woe to you who are well fed now, for you will go hungry. Woe to you who laugh now, for you will mourn and weep. 26 Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you, for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.

2 Corinthians 12:10

That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Matthew 10:22

You will be hated by everyone because of Me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Philippians 1:21

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith

1 Thessalonians 3:7

Therefore, brothers and sisters, in all our distress and persecution we were encouraged about you because of your faith. 8 For now we really live, since you are standing firm in the Lord.

That feeling that you don't belong in this world? It"s because you don't belong TO this world. Paul wanted to move on, but chose to remain. God says above all perseverance is the key to the end. It's a war of attrition; with the benefit of knowing who wins in the end. May that be our strength in times of trial.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It is important to interpret the stages of grief loosely, and expect much individual variation. There is no neat progression from one stage to the next. In reality, there is much looping back, or stages can hit at the same time, or occur out of order. So why bother with stage models at all? Because they are a good general guide of what to expect.

For example, generally, a long period of "depression" (not clinical depression), isolation, and loneliness happen late in the grief process, months after the tragedy strikes. It actually is normal and expected for you to be very depressed and sad eight months later.

Outsiders do not understand this, and feel that it should be time for you to "get over it" and rejoin the land of the living. Just knowing that your desire to be alone with your sad reflections at this time is normal will help you deal with outside pressures. You are acting normally. They just don't "get it".

"The 7 Stages of Grief"

Here is a model for the 7 Stages of Grief:

SHOCK & DENIAL-
You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. This may last for weeks.

PAIN & GUILT-
As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol or drugs.

You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn't do with your loved one. Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.

ANGER & BARGAINING-
Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for the death on someone else. Please try to control this, as permanent damage to your relationships may result. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion.

You may rail against fate, questioning "Why me?" You may also try to bargain in vain with the powers that be for a way out of your despair ("I will never drink again if you just bring him back")

"DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-
Just when your friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. This is a normal stage of grief, so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning outsiders. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving.

During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, reflect on things you did with your lost one, and focus on memories of the past. You may sense feelings of emptiness or despair.

More 7 stages of grief...

THE UPWARD TURN-
As you start to adjust to life without your dear one, your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" begins to lift slightly.

RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-
As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life without your loved one. You will start to work on practical and financial problems and reconstructing yourself and your life without him or her.

ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-
During this, the last of the seven stages in this grief model, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way forward.

You will start to look forward and actually plan things for the future. Eventually, you will be able to think about your lost loved one without pain; sadness, yes, but the wrenching pain will be gone. You will once again anticipate some good times to come, and yes, even find joy again in the experience of living. source

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I feel like you do at least once a week. Yeah, we got to stick it out to the end and keep fighting the good fight. You certainly are not a dummy so please don't think like that. I feel your pain.