So fed up can't handle this much more!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
It is important to interpret the stages of grief loosely, and expect much individual variation. There is no neat progression from one stage to the next. In reality, there is much looping back, or stages can hit at the same time, or occur out of order. So why bother with stage models at all? Because they are a good general guide of what to expect.

For example, generally, a long period of "depression" (not clinical depression), isolation, and loneliness happen late in the grief process, months after the tragedy strikes. It actually is normal and expected for you to be very depressed and sad eight months later.

Outsiders do not understand this, and feel that it should be time for you to "get over it" and rejoin the land of the living. Just knowing that your desire to be alone with your sad reflections at this time is normal will help you deal with outside pressures. You are acting normally. They just don't "get it".

"The 7 Stages of Grief"

Here is a model for the 7 Stages of Grief:

SHOCK & DENIAL-
You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. This may last for weeks.

PAIN & GUILT-
As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol or drugs.

You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn't do with your loved one. Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.

ANGER & BARGAINING-
Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for the death on someone else. Please try to control this, as permanent damage to your relationships may result. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion.

You may rail against fate, questioning "Why me?" You may also try to bargain in vain with the powers that be for a way out of your despair ("I will never drink again if you just bring him back")

"DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-
Just when your friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. This is a normal stage of grief, so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning outsiders. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving.

During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, reflect on things you did with your lost one, and focus on memories of the past. You may sense feelings of emptiness or despair.

More 7 stages of grief...

THE UPWARD TURN-
As you start to adjust to life without your dear one, your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" begins to lift slightly.

RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-
As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life without your loved one. You will start to work on practical and financial problems and reconstructing yourself and your life without him or her.

ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-
During this, the last of the seven stages in this grief model, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way forward.

You will start to look forward and actually plan things for the future. Eventually, you will be able to think about your lost loved one without pain; sadness, yes, but the wrenching pain will be gone. You will once again anticipate some good times to come, and yes, even find joy again in the experience of living. source
True. I lost both parent's 6 weeks apart. No siblings or family support. I was a mess.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
I used to feel the same way. John 14:1-7 brought me the peace I needed and desired. I pray God’s peace remains on you always.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Will second 2nd Cor 12:10

Consider verse 7-10. Meditate on it.

I still don't understand what it means to delight in weakness and how that makes him strong. Except it proves just how strong he really is...

To take what is valueless (even to ourselves) at times and refine it. It is a work of love, this sanctification/refinement.

Trust that I know the "inner ugly" quite well and it humbles me tremendously. He loves me more than I do...it's amazing at times. Rarely do I feel amazed but when I do it's pretty cool.

Sometimes it's just simply perplexed. Umm, ???

And then on the more negative end of the spectrum, feelings of unworthiness/shame. Those things you have to rebuke as I'm pretty sure they are a ploy. Feed yourself with better habits. We have a lot of residual power to change our situation, not all over the place but in little ways. I think it takes the Lord to make massive changes in our lives. That's his business and he will.

I've mentioned it before here, but when thoughts are extremely negative, try some sunshine?

If it's nighttime, food? shower? music? Even going outside and just sitting on the porch (be it 3 or 4am) changes my thought pattern a bit. Certainly the overall "arc" is still present, but it distracts me. I almost feel childish sometimes for wallowing, then some anger, then calm acceptance, then I usually get tired.

It's a constant daily thing for me. I want everything to just change! but then little questions...what am I thankful for? What can I praise about today? I've found that taking the focus off me is pretty helpful

I could go on if you want. I do feel ya man. For me it's a little different but there are similarities. I always want to overcome sin on my own...with the Lord's help ofc, but I rarely involve other people. I don't see why I need others and yet, we are all members of the body. Therefore, it behooves me to just position myself to receive help. I don't like it, rubs against my ego...but it is easier and we weren't told to go it alone. That's HARD for me for some reason. I recognize that while I have my own personal victories, I am cheating others by not sharing those victories. I have my own personal failures and I cheat myself by not gaining support for others that have victories in certain areas.

It's pretty cool, because I think that's what Paul was talking about in one of his letters, I'm not sure yet. I know that there is nourishment for when we are parched by just being around other believers. We have to be intentional about giving back but that's a different topic and is all in the NT as well. Lots to learn from the Apostolic ministry of Paul. I have no idea why I didn't see it before...so ty for the thread :)

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
Thanks guys. I really appreciate your help! I was doing okay. I was doing kind of well for myself. But slipped up last night and screwed things up for myself. Going to sink into a dark hole of despair and darkness and resentment for a few days now. Have turned my fone off. People are calling me but I can't speak to anyone. As soon as I do they'll know something is wrong with me. I'm just an idiot my life is so pointless and rubbish. I have nothing going for me just heart break after heart break and I can't do it anymore. I don't mean to sound melodramatic. But I just cannot be bothered with this life anymore I don't want it. And I'm fed up with God just ignoring me all the time. Probably because of the couple sins I cherish or something I haven't confessed to or truly repented of. I didn't ask for this life! I'm not fully responsible for all of my actions. God has to take some responsibility for it. He created me! I hate to do this but I can't help how I feel right now. So alone, so scummy. Can't stand being like this I just can't stand it any more so sick and tired of this life. Yet that said I would never do anything suicidal like try and kill myself somehow that's just not me! I could never do that to myself. So my only choice is to stick it out until the end and just try and learn from my mistake(s). I've thought this so much and been here so many times so you'd think I would have learned by now but no I don't because I'm a dummy with crap for brains and don't care about anyone but myself. Sorry that I haven't posted in a while and aren't saying good things and a better note but that's just the way it is.
It sounds like your completely freaking out over your faults, failings and sin.

Here is where you cant let the sinless perfection people into your head, and it sounds like you have.

Overcoming sin is a lifetime process. We work on one thing - one issue - at a time until we have achieved mastery of that sin or failing, and then we move on to the next. At least, that is how the Holy Spirit has been working with me since I was saved.

So just remember, you will fall, but God's Holy Spirit is there with forgiveness and open arms when you do, and there to support you when you try, try, and try again.

You'll sometimes feel like an idiot, but through the power of Christ, you can overcome. Try not to beat yourself up too much, your not alone in this walk.

lightbearer

Jun 17, 2017
HBG. Pa. USA
I'm just so fed up of being so stupid and foolish. So self centred and selfish. All I do is think about myself. I pray often the sinners prayer and ask for power not to sin again. I always find myself thinking never again, never again and then end up thinking, why have I done this again!? I just can't seem to stop or help myself. I'm sick and tired of doing these abhorrent things and letting myself and people down time and time again. All because I don't put God first! It's like my mind just wont learn. Don't want to be like this again. Then put God first. That's all it is and all I need to do you'd think it was the easiest thing ever and it should be! Please I pray, will someone pray for me so something gets through to God other than my own pathetic ramblings just so He knows how I'm feeling and that I want to change, once and for all!
God hears you. Continue in the faith. Spend your time serving others and GOD and contemplating ways to serve through the Word of God and this will pass.

Sep 13, 2018
In our weaknesses, we find ourselves. 2 Corinthians 12:10 In our strengths, we can lose sight of what we are doing. Therefore, we must lean on our Savior to help us. Phillipians 4:13 Habits and patterns of behavior are formed in our youth. It is good to look back on our past to see when the patterns of negative or bad behavior started. When it is uncovered, there are usually seeds of unforgiveness hidden from something negative or bad that happened when we were just children. Jesus can help you uncover this mystery. You can lean on His understanding and ask sincerely to be shown how these thought patterns started and why the flesh continues to act them out. It is through understanding ourselves that we can begin to understand our nature and the nature of others. Let Jesus take you through the hurts of the past, to heal your present and future. I pray this finds you well. May the grace of Yahshua be with you and your family.

P

Papou

I'm just so fed up of being so stupid and foolish. So self centred and selfish. All I do is think about myself. I pray often the sinners prayer and ask for power not to sin again. I always find myself thinking never again, never again and then end up thinking, why have I done this again!? I just can't seem to stop or help myself. I'm sick and tired of doing these abhorrent things and letting myself and people down time and time again. All because I don't put God first! It's like my mind just wont learn. Don't want to be like this again. Then put God first. That's all it is and all I need to do you'd think it was the easiest thing ever and it should be! Please I pray, will someone pray for me so something gets through to God other than my own pathetic ramblings just so He knows how I'm feeling and that I want to change, once and for all!
You are what you are ! Don't try to be someone else ! Human behave as human beings, that is ! May the almighty God open your eyes and brings a lasting peace to your soul !

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Have your Pastor or Priest teach you about walking in the Spirit, Romans 8

K

Kim82

1Corinthians 1: 26-31

For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble;27 but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, 28 and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, 29 so that no [c]man may boast before God. 30 But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, 31 so that, just as it is written, “Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

Unmerited

Mar 10, 2019
Did you know that God is not asking YOU to condemn your sin? Did you know as a believer you have already died to these sins? Did you know your Heavenly Father HAS already forgiven you for these sins? Did you know that you are COMPLETE in Christ, You are the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God in Christ Jesus, He has perfected and sanctified you FOREVER? Christ Himself purged our sins and sat down at the right hand of the Father, Christ condemned sin (In His Flesh, on the cross). Romans 7 gives us an example of the struggle you are facing, The Apostle Paul tried and tried to do good but could never ever find how, until He found Jesus. Paul said He would make promises and put a commandment (LAW) on Himself and in chapter 7 it says "sin revived and I died" SO the answer to this dilemma is the revelation that you are not under the Law anymore. 1 Corinthians 15:56 says that the strength of sin is the Law. Romans 6:14 says that Sin SHALL NOT HAVE DOMINION OVER YOU, For you are NOT under the Law but under grace. Learn to see, that God has given you REAL righteousness as a gift, you are a new creature and you have ALREADY died to this sin and have been BORN AGAIN into new Life in CHrist

Unmerited

Mar 10, 2019
Religion says "do better to be better" Grace says I've already done the best, just receive what I died to give you

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
I can only speak from my own experience ,I went through the same experience in my life. It was so bad I at one point became convinced I had no control over what thoughts were allowed to come into my mind. Without going into much detail, this is what finally pulled me above this problem. Get yourself some 3X5 cards. On each card write scripture that you can find in the new testament that pertains to thought, ex 2 Cor 10: 4-5. My suggestion is not to make more than about a half dozen. Now when you have any along time (bathroom break etc) take these cards out read and think about what you are reading. Always keep these cards with you. Do not allow a single free moment to go unchallenged .If you ever do slip, do not be discouraged pick up and keep going. This is called renewing you mind with the Word Of God. It was quite awhile for me before this battle was over. Do not be discouraged I promise you victory will come. Son what is our objective? Our objective is to bring ever thought into subjection to Christ. This is our spiritual warfare. I am praying the Holy Sprit will give a kick victory. Just remember the longer the battle the sweeter the victory.
Love in Christ

drumfizz

Aug 29, 2019
Everyday, but today especially, I’m really disgusted with myself. Selfish, cannot pray for anything else because I never feel settled within me long enough to get on another topic. I’m dealing with a struggle. I’m scared, mad at myself for doing exactly the opposite of what would be most fulfilling.

Apr 15, 2017
All sin can be forgiven, and do not beat yourself up too bad about it for you have to forgive yourself, although try to do right, but what it is, is what it is, no use in getting upset about it, for some have worked themselves up in to a frenzy over it, which made it worse, and not mentally good.

God knows if we are sincere or not, but the truth is there is no excuse, so the best thing we can do is not give an excuse.

If you like to enjoy sin, you like to enjoy sin, so why get upset if you are going to keep doing it, for it will not be an excuse for the sin if you are highly upset about it, but hold unto it knowing you will do it again, and being upset will make no difference with God to show you are sorry if you hold unto the sin, and keep doing it, for then how are you really upset and sorry if you keep doing it.

Which a lot of people have been there, and some sins we might want to hang unto longer and enjoy them before we get rid of them.

Which I do not say this in a manner to condemn you but to say do not be so hard on yourself for it does no good, and can cause stress, even though it is something as important as abstaining from sin, but it does no good if you do give up the sin.

But at least you care a lot that you do not want sin.

It appears that some people want to enjoy sin, and they want to be upset a lot about for they think that God will be tolerable with them because of their being upset all the while they keep sinning, and keep using that strategy.

But they probably do not realize the game they are playing for they would not ever want to think in their mind that they are playing this game concerning the ways of God.

So that gets dismissed in their mind all the while they play the game.

Oh God you know I am trying but there I go again, oh I did it again God and I am upset like the dickens about it, and round and round it goes as they enjoy sin and think their being upset satisfies God concerning their sin.

Because a lot of people want to enjoy sin but then try to find a loophole that allows them to do that but be off the hook, but God seen all the tricks, and games, and is wise to them all knowing the heart, and the thoughts of people.

At least you appear upset whether genuine or not, while some people sin and say they cannot abstain from sin so they have little guilt, and do not get upset or maybe a wee tiny bit, which that is even scarier when they sin and have that attitude.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

A Spirit led life can abstain from sin for they hate sin, and do not want sin, and allow the Spirit to lead them, and have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts, and show the ways of the Spirit and not the flesh, and God will not allow them to be tempted as hard as the world, and will give them an escape from the temptation.

2Ti 3:4 lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Some people will not allow the Spirit to lead them because they want to enjoy sin and believe they are right with God which is the ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth about it.

But there is hope for people that do sin, and want to enjoy it, but they believe sin affects their relationship with God and they cannot sin and be right with God.

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

"Wherefore, my Brethren, you also are become dead to the Law by the Body of Christ; that you should be married to another, even to Him Who was raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God (Rom. 7:4).

While the Sixth Chapter of Romans reveals the Divine method of Sanctification, the Seventh Chapter sets out its impossibility under the bondage of Law.

The argument here is:

Just as death is the only force that can liberate from the claims of sin, so is it the only force that can liberate from the claims of Law.

Paul pictures a woman being married to a man and then, without Scriptural foundation divorcing him and marrying another. He said, “She shall be called an adulteress.” The Apostle is not teaching here on the law of divorce and remarriage. He is making a point regarding Victory in Christ.

The Believer is married to Christ. This means that Christ is our husband. If we are unfaithful to Christ, and we go to Law, which is the only place to go if our faith is not solidly anchored in Christ and the Cross, we are then committing “spiritual adultery.” We should also realize that if the Believer is living in spiritual adultery, the Holy Spirit simply will not help such a Believer. If He did, He would be condoning this act of rebellion, which He cannot do.

To trust anything other than Christ and the Cross is the highest insult directed at Christ, whether the Believer understands such or not. Sadly, because of not understanding the Cross, almost all modern Believers are living in a state of spiritual adultery. Actually, most Christians have never even heard the term, “spiritual adultery.”

Paul deals greatly with “Law” in this Seventh Chapter.

What does Paul mean by “Law”?

He is speaking of the Law of Moses, or any type of Law that we devise ourselves, or which is devised by a religious Denomination, etc. In other words, anything in which we place our faith, other than the Cross of Christ, becomes Law. In fact, many of the things in which we place our faith are good things, and, because they are good things, they deceive us.

Look closely at this example:

If a Believer tries to overcome sin by praying an hour each day, while he will definitely be blessed, he will not be delivered from sin.

The reason?

He has just turned prayer into “Law,” and the Holy Spirit will not work in that capacity, because such a Believer is committing spiritual adultery. I realize that comes as a shock, especially considering that there is nothing which is greater than a consecrated prayer life, other than our Faith. But it is very easy to turn such into Law; in fact, that’s exactly what will happen if the Believer doesn’t have his faith anchored solidly in the Cross of Christ. But when a Believer does have his Faith anchored squarely in the Cross of Christ, prayer then becomes the powerful force it is meant to be, because it is engaged in the proper manner.

Spiritual adultery is a position in which no Believer can afford to be. Simple Faith in Christ and the Cross will solve the problem."

—Donnie Swaggart (taken from the “Word for Every Day”)
Donnie Swaggart

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

"For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I (Rom. 7:15).

Most Preachers, not understanding the Sixth Chapter of Romans, totally misunderstand this Seventh Chapter, thinking that it is speaking of Paul before his conversion. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The Seventh Chapter of Romans proclaims Paul’s efforts at trying to live a victorious life for the Lord after he was saved, baptized with the Holy Spirit, and called to be an Apostle. At that time, he did not understand God’s Prescribed Order of Victory, because that particular Truth had not yet been given. In fact, it was given to the Apostle Paul, which he gave to us in these Chapters.

If the great Paul could not live for God outside of Faith in Christ and the Cross, how do you think you can do so?

He tried to live for the Lord, as stated, by trying to keep the Law, because that’s all he knew to do. He made the statement, “For I was alive without the Law once,” which refers to when he was saved on the road to Damascus. The Law actually had nothing to do with his Salvation, and that’s what he means by being “alive without the Law.”

But after getting saved, he then tried to live for the Lord by Commandments. When he did that, “sin revived.” This means that the sin nature was now ruling him. Then he said, “I died,” not meaning that he physically died, but rather that he failed the Lord (7:9). To be sure, there was nothing wrong with the Commandment, but there was something wrong with Paul. Even though he was Spirit-filled, he still couldn’t keep these Commandments, and neither can we!

If we are Spirit-filled, why can’t we keep them?

The Holy Spirit will not give power to the flesh. Many people think that when they are baptized with the Spirit, this means that the Lord will give them greater willpower, a greater spiritual, and emotional strength, etc., but He won’t! That’s not how He works! He works strictly on the order of Faith, and no other way. And when we say “faith,” we mean Faith in Christ and what Christ did at the Cross. That being done, the Holy Spirit then works mightily within our lives. Otherwise, He won’t!

Christ has already kept the Law and has done so in every respect; He thereby did what we could not do for ourselves.

You see, keeping all of the Law some of the time is not good enough. Likewise, keeping some of the Law all of the time is not good enough. One has to keep all of the Law all of the time, which, of course, is impossible. It is impossible because man, due to the Fall, is born into sin. This makes it impossible for him to do what he needs to do, at least in that fashion.

Paul was trying so hard and yet failing. And he did not understand why. That’s what the word “allow” in Verse 15 means; it should have been translated accordingly:

“For that which I do I understand not” (Rom. 7:15).

There are millions of Christians presently who are trying with all of their strength and might to live the life they ought to live, but nevertheless failing, and they simply don’t understand why. The very thing they want to do, which is to live a righteous life, they find they cannot do. And that which they don’t want to do, which is to fail the Lord by the means of sin, that’s what they find themselves doing.

This situation is the result of the Believer attempting to live for the Lord in all the wrong ways. He tries to live for the Lord by keeping Commandments, whatever those Commandments might be. The end result will be a failure. In fact, the failure, despite all the efforts otherwise, will become worse and worse.

Once again, the Cross is the only answer!"

Donnie Swaggart

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Everyday, but today especially, I’m really disgusted with myself. Selfish, cannot pray for anything else because I never feel settled within me long enough to get on another topic. I’m dealing with a struggle. I’m scared, mad at myself for doing exactly the opposite of what would be most fulfilling.

Romans 7:15-20 :)

Sep 3, 2016
Your Word for Today

"For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not (Rom. 7:18).

Most Christians think that when a person comes to Christ, the Lord gives them an extra-strong willpower. Consequently, they now have, they think, the power to say “No!” to sin.

None of that is correct!

It may come as a shock and a surprise to most Christians, but the Devil can easily override the willpower of a person. The only “willpower” that the Lord gives a person is the will to say “Yes!” to Christ, which is, in fact, very important. This means that the worst sinner in the world, for example, one totally bound by alcohol or drugs, who cannot say “No!” to those vices, can, if he so desires, say “Yes!” to Christ. It is the same principle with the Believer.

The Lord doesn’t really give the Believer the capacity to say “No!” to sin, because we are “dead to sin.” A dead man doesn’t say anything. In this “newness of life,” however, we are given the capacity to say “Yes!” to Christ and His Way, which is the Way of the Cross. That is where the will of man begins and ends.

The Believer does not overcome by willpower; he overcomes by Faith. This means, as we have repeatedly stated, Faith in Christ and the Cross (Gal. 6:14).

If one studies the life of the Apostle Paul, one must come to the conclusion that he was a man with a strong constitution. I personally believe Paul had extremely strong willpower; however, he very clearly states in Romans 7:18 that he had the will to live the life he knew he ought to live, but “how to perform that which is good he found not.” His willpower, in other words, simply was not good enough. And neither is yours!

Law, as a barrier to the will, excites it; and the consciousness of sin thereby awakened produces in the Presence of God a conscience under sentence of death. Thus, the Commandment ordained unto life becomes, in fact, the instrument of death. “This do and you shall live” became death to man because his sinful nature refused to obey; and in so refusing his own conscience, it condemned him to death.

Thus, the Law was holy and each of its Commandments just and good, but it condemned to death all who failed to render to it a perfect obedience, as condemn it must! Such is the effect of Divine Law upon man’s carnal nature; the rest of this Seventh Chapter illustrates the doctrine by showing how fruitless is the effort of the “old man” to live as the “new man.” There is simply no such thing as moral evolution, i.e., self cannot control self; the flesh cannot control the flesh.

If the Believer is trying to live for God by any means other than Faith in Christ and the Cross, no matter how hard he tries, he will find himself sinking deeper and deeper into the morass of sin. That means the situation will become worse and worse.

There is no victory in “trying harder.” There is victory only in Christ and the Cross!"

Donnie Swaggart