So I Was Watching T.V.

  • Thread starter Thread starter StandStrong
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
that is somewhat what i was thinking originally. The main two characters the male from the pagan family and the daughter of a pastor. She teaches him about Christ he teaches her about the hidden desires of all mens hearts. He falls in love with her and as time elapses he turns more to her for guidance and love and relies less on the occult until at the end he completely forsakes witchcraft and turns to God.

this could work also, BUT, not to detract from your idea.........this "plot" is fairly over used in my opinion. Just saying, please do not be offended. Bad boy falls in love with good girl, rocky relationship, all the usual pit falls, and PRESTO bad boy becomes converted.........married............children...........white house picket fence......

Now, even a well used story line can be refreshing and entertaining, but wow is it hard work.
 
yea and trying to come up with something completely original has been a huge hurtle with my writing. as i look around at books, movies and everything else that has been written over the last 100 years. I notice that every thing has been written and rewritten so i am trying to come up with a way to make it my own. I am thinking instead of a romantic relationship developing a life long love and friendship develops.
 
another idea i am toying with is combining a few psalms and write a book based on what they are saying. the deeper understanding of them.
 
I have a couple more that are on the edge of darkness as well........if you want to see them too.....

(edited)

Oops, PM is on the way
 
I have a couple more that are on the edge of darkness as well........if you want to see them too.....

(edited)

Oops, PM is on the way
sure i would love to. just got the first about to read it. thanks
 
The silence from the Lord is not accusing or confusion or torment. It is gentle and loving and teaching. It is in the silence from Him that He speaks to us and leads us. this silence is full of hate and seething rage. not Him.

I still feel the silence ITSELF is from God, because that's sometimes the best 'place' to meet Him. But if you find hatred and rage in that silence, and don't come from God, maybe they originate from your own heart? Hey, I don't want to sound like a 'shrink' here brother, I'll just remember you in my prayers, that you may find some peace of mind. :)
 
I still feel the silence ITSELF is from God, because that's sometimes the best 'place' to meet Him. But if you find hatred and rage in that silence, and don't come from God, maybe they originate from your own heart? Hey, I don't want to sound like a 'shrink' here brother, I'll just remember you in my prayers, that you may find some peace of mind. :)

Thank you for the prayers
 
Btw, the silence can be very confronting (been there, done that), so yea, then sometimes it's better to keep yourself busy. Watching TV is never a good option, but doing something creative, like your writing, is. Good luck!
 
Btw, the silence can be very confronting (been there, done that), so yea, then sometimes it's better to keep yourself busy. Watching TV is never a good option, but doing something creative, like your writing, is. Good luck!

normally T.V. serves as well needed white noise nothing more, at least for me...
 
The silence from the Lord is not accusing or confusion or torment. It is gentle and loving and teaching.

That is not you talking. It is the accuser and tormentor that fears the truth. Truth is painful only to the accuser.

QUOTE=StandStrong;1266812]The silence from the Lord is not accusing or confusion or torment. It is gentle and loving and teaching.




Some people want truth on a silver platter. Truth is loved, no matter how it comes. The ego cannot take the pain and it is the pain that makes us cry out to God, not our comfort. discomfort is only painful to the ego. Confusion or torment comes from evil, not from God.

One day I was sitting on my patio and was watching the ants toiling heavy burdens and here I was sitting, leaving a pile of dishes in the sink.
I went in immediately and washed the dishes. I didn't resent it leaving my comfort, I learned from it no matter how it came learning learn from it and be thankful for it.
 
Hmm. When I was a child (ooof, 30+ years ago) there were a lot of biblical cartoons on all the time. I distinctly remember ones about Moses, Noah and Jesus. Yeah they were roughly done and products of their charming time but they were faithful to the texts and accessible to kids. Probably my only exposure to religion as a child as it was an atheist household. But yeah, we certainly don't see them broadcast anymore.
 
Last edited:
normally T.V. serves as well needed white noise nothing more, at least for me...

I told you in one post, not to do it if you can't take the pain.
Eventually you will have to face it at one time or another in life.
" We have to die to ourselves to be born again."

What do you think that means?
 
Six stories from the Bible immediately popped in my mind that could appeal to teens. 1) King David (I&II Sam), before he was king and he killed Goliath, he was a very young teenager, so young, King Saul, did not want him to fight Goliath. The point is... God called David to be King when he was a teen even though he did not become king until years later) and his entire life story including his great courage and faith he had in God to kill Goliath is outstanding. 2) The three Hebrew Boys (Daniel 1-3), what a great story about three young men, again in their teens who refused to give into peer pressure and stood up for what was true. 3) Samson (Judges 13-16) while he had a victorious end, teens need to know what NOT to do and Samson's story teaches that. His life is very reflective of the unfortunate reality series' that are out today. His reality show could have easily been called The Bad Boys Club. 4) Queen Esther (Book of Esther) went from being an orphan to a queen and was greatly used by God to deliver thousands. She really stepped out on a limb, risked her life and believed God. Young teen girls could learn a lot from her courage and risk taking attitude in the name of God. 5) Joseph (Gen 37-50), what an outstanding young man and example! God started his work in him as a teen and perfected his gift as a dream interpreter as he grew in the Lord under extremely difficult circumstances. He never gave up, complained, became a great business man and was extremely loyal to himself and God. VERY IMPORTANT... his story also shows that men can flee from fornication as well when they are hunted by women (something a lot of athletes claim is impossible). 6) Finally, the story of Rahab (Joshua 2 and Joshua 6:22-25) is very important for teens, because she was a harlot. A lot of teens today are faced with moral conflicts, are promiscuous and/or have been sexually abused at young ages. They need to understand that God still loves them and can use them to His glory and Rahab's story is a great example of that.
 
Yes, I agree kids need something different. When I was little a show came on about a boy and dog. It was called Davie and Golith. It came on every Friday and we loved it. Every show was just a regular day in the boys life but there was always a moral at the end of story with Christian values put in. Ex: A new boy comes to school and gets bullied so Davie becomes his friend and we learn how to treat new people in the story. (oh, Golith could talk and was like the boys conscience.)

My kids grew up on veggietales. This was similar using vegetables. I absolutely agree that you should stay away from occult. The one thing you want to come away with is teaching kids christian values and not interesting them in the occult right. I hope you find something to write about. I commend you for thinking of such a great idea.