So many people are too afraid to ask God for certain things.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
God is a Loving Father and He listens when we call on His Name. When we pray faith filled prayers, backed by the promises of His Word, we can confidently trust that they will be answered. So many people are too afraid to ask God for certain things because they don't know if their requests are in line with His will for them. God's will is His Word, and if He has promised something in His Word, you can be sure it is His will for you. Our God is a good and generous Father, He loves to see His children whole and blessed. His arm is not too short to help and His ear is not deaf that He can't hear. When we have chosen to live lives that seek Him and His way of doing things first, we can be sure He will take care of every need we have. It's important to remember that our faith in Him and His Word is what pleases the heart of God, so don't sit back in doubt or fear, ask what you know is in His Word for you, and confidently expect to see it become your reality.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I dunno... there IS a verse about "you have not because you ask not" but the next verse talks about "you ask and receive not because you ask amiss, that you may consume it upon your lust" or something like that.

Whenever I check into why I'm not getting what I'm asking for, it's usually because what I'm asking for isn't what God wants me to have. What's really bad is when I ask for something so much that God gives it to me anyway... and that can happen, and HAS happened to me. I've learned to first check what I should be asking for. THEN I start asking for it.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I dunno... there IS a verse about "you have not because you ask not" but the next verse talks about "you ask and receive not because you ask amiss, that you may consume it upon your lust" or something like that.

Whenever I check into why I'm not getting what I'm asking for, it's usually because what I'm asking for isn't what God wants me to have. What's really bad is when I ask for something so much that God gives it to me anyway... and that can happen, and HAS happened to me. I've learned to first check what I should be asking for. THEN I start asking for it.
I do believe that God has a sense of humor and will often answer a prayer that may not be in the best interest of the one asking for it. Effective prayer benefits from wisdom otherwise you might get what you're asking for.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Precisely. If I got everything I wanted I would be in terrible shape.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Jesus said we should pray in His name, and if we believed we would receive, right? Only if we realize that praying in the name of the Son must be the same as according to His will(as written in 1John 4:14, 15), and 1 John 3:22.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I could've used more verses, but I have to leave for a business appt.

NewStuff17

Dec 30, 2017
I do believe that God has a sense of humor and will often answer a prayer that may not be in the best interest of the one asking for it. Effective prayer benefits from wisdom otherwise you might get what you're asking for.
I find this to be true.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
There are so many questionable teachings about wealth and prosperity that I spent many hours looking for biblical truth about such things, and I've concluded that the Bible does teach at least one thing. Be a good steward of what you have, for it belongs to God. Spend your money on what you need, minimize spending on non-essential things, and give freely to further the spreading of the gospel: If we do these things to the best of our abilities, then God will bless our finances. I've found this is true in my own life, and I'm sure others have as well.
I don't think it's profitable to seek shortcuts in this. For example, if a televangelist quoted Psalm 70:5 as a reason to send him or her $705, and said that God would bless you an hundredfold for this, then clearly they would be taking a shortcut(not of God)to increase their own wealth at the expense of the gullible. Sadly, I've heard televangelists say such things-in order to get money from the naive.

NewStuff17

Dec 30, 2017
There are so many questionable teachings about wealth and prosperity that I spent many hours looking for biblical truth about such things, and I've concluded that the Bible does teach at least one thing. Be a good steward of what you have, for it belongs to God. Spend your money on what you need, minimize spending on non-essential things, and give freely to further the spreading of the gospel: If we do these things to the best of our abilities, then God will bless our finances. I've found this is true in my own life, and I'm sure others have as well.
I don't think it's profitable to seek shortcuts in this. For example, if a televangelist quoted Psalm 70:5 as a reason to send him or her $705, and said that God would bless you an hundredfold for this, then clearly they would be taking a shortcut(not of God)to increase their own wealth at the expense of the gullible. Sadly, I've heard televangelists say such things-in order to get money from the naive.
Probably true but I have given more than I could afford and was blessed more than I thought I would be in finances. It doesn't always come in cash money though. Sometimes it comes in forgiven debt or free repairs. That is my personal experience.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Probably true but I have given more than I could afford and was blessed more than I thought I would be in finances. It doesn't always come in cash money though. Sometimes it comes in forgiven debt or free repairs. That is my personal experience.

Sometimes folks ask me: how do you give to God? I always tell them: You can't go wrong giving to the poor and needy. Most Christian Churches have some kind of charitable outreach program. If yours does not, volunteer to help start one; or work through a community outreach. Look first to your local community.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2009
I'm afraid to ask God if I'm ever going to lose weight.. :p

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

Sometimes folks ask me: how do you give to God? I always tell them: You can't go wrong giving to the poor and needy. Most Christian Churches have some kind of charitable outreach program. If yours does not, volunteer to help start one; or work through a community outreach. Look first to your local community.
:rolleyes:
Yah, for sure there's this verse about if you've done it unto the least of these you've done it unto God.