So starting tomorrow:

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl83

:) Got in about a 40 minute walk this morning! It was wet but not raining UNTIL I started to pull out the driveway:(. Then I started to get discouraged and started to whin. THEN yesterdays weather story replayed in my mind (some of you know what I'm referring to;)) and I quickly got over it, realized this too shall pass and that I was smart and brought a hooded jacket. By the time I got to my trail the rain had stopped AND stayed away until long after I finished!

G

Godsgirl83

Think I'm FINALLY over the fast food thing!!!!! Busy day yesterday & we ended up getting stuff.... I REALLY felt :sick: just thinking about anything fast food & ended up with a salad (which wasn't very good from a fast food joint, but better than greasy sloppy :poop:)
I did have a can of soda yesterday, took the whole day to get through though;).
I haven't arrived...…. but I've left.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
good girl I've had watermelon and a sinful sandwich, gizzards and livers day at KFC here, i'm scheduled for platelets later so will be in town while I am donating platelets, my car might force it's way over to KFC, ha!
best wishes

G

Godsgirl83

I don't mind KFC Except that for what it cost to feed the fam there, I can make THE SAME THING@ home, healthier (and tastier.....) It is one of the only "fall back " places I still like though.

Homewardbound

Dec 10, 2018
"force it's way...." or accidentally drive over? lol
Is it a self driving car? Maybe it is programmed to go there...just kidding!
I read through this thread just today, and I admire your willingness to take the trek.
I too need to do better health wise. My confession here is that I like to eat, and most of what I like isn't too good.
So, I will be working toward doing things more healthy, and eating better...Thanks Godsgirl, keep up the good work!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
KFC didn't have gizzards and livers today, so my waistline dodged a bullet. Did get to pray for a few people and witness to them, a young man, at the hospital where I donated platelets and plasma, we felt the Spirit of the Lord settle dome on us while we spoke, I explained this is normal Christianity and Jesus told us when we met in His name He would be there also, and that is what we were experiencing.
(Still would have liked some livers, ha!)

G

Godsgirl83

KFC didn't have gizzards and livers today, so my waistline dodged a bullet. Did get to pray for a few people and witness to them, a young man, at the hospital where I donated platelets and plasma, we felt the Spirit of the Lord settle dome on us while we spoke, I explained this is normal Christianity and Jesus told us when we met in His name He would be there also, and that is what we were experiencing.
(Still would have liked some livers, ha!)
That's awesome! I love stories like this!
Sorry bout your liver let down:(
Maybe the KFC livers are a "Sunday Special"
Well, it's almost 11P.M/ here and I am TRYING to wind down and head to bed. This is really the first break I've had today. Had plans/working towards them & then it didn't pan out...… oh well THERE IS a reason;) Lord knows what it is. And I'm left feeling like :unsure:.
In the meantime, Grandpa sent over a bunch of GIANT frosted sugar cookies for the kiddos. Guess what I'm shamefully indulging in? (and really it's NOT all that great:( WAY to much flour used, to dry. )Yet I can't help but feel like
Well I've been pretty good lately.
tomorrow we're making Rosemary's "chocolate mock ice cream" CAN'T WAIT!

G

Godsgirl83

Is it a self driving car? Maybe it is programmed to go there...just kidding!
I read through this thread just today, and I admire your willingness to take the trek.
I too need to do better health wise. My confession here is that I like to eat, and most of what I like isn't too good.
So, I will be working toward doing things more healthy, and eating better...Thanks Godsgirl, keep up the good work!
Thanks Homeward. There's a few of us here working towards getting healthier, jump right on in with us as we share our journeys!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Slept through the whole night, had asked for dreams, don't recall any right now, but in asking for dreams I also asked He bring them to remembrance today that I might go to Him for meaning and guidance in how I am to walk it out.
We know He will be faithful, He always is!
Hmmm.... dry sugar cookies....... an application for frosting maybe??? Dunk them in mock chocolate ice cream?????
hmmm....... creative and digestive juices are flowing!

G

Godsgirl83

It's funny you should mention dream Shittim. I have been thinking about them lately myself.
I have had a few times in my life where things have been shown to me in dreams.
But more recently have had a few that leave me asking if the Lords trying to explain something to me, or is my mind just sorting things out while I sleep?
Either way, dreams are a fascinating thing.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Curry Blake had a teaching on that , will see if I can find it and forward it, in it he points out in Genesis how a day is measured "evening to morning" this isn't it-www.gotquestions.org/evening-morning-Genesis.html , but it touches on this.
Curry's teaching elaborates how we take our relationship with and in Him to sleep and the brain sorts things out, and He teaches, guides and works in us at night, sort of like Jesus saying "I must work all the time because my Father works all the time". bless you

G

Godsgirl83

John Paul Jackson (who recently went home to the Lord) was a wonderful teacher on dreams/interpretations.
His teaching (as far as I've ever found) has been sound.
This is an area of life to be careful and use wisdom in. Seek godly counsel on b/c this is something that the enemy tries to use against people.
NOT ALL DREAMS are trying to tell you something.
Blessings

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
We have His dreams, our own dreams (from that pepperoni pizza), and the enemies dreams, we need to learn to discern them, and He always helps.
The enemies only authority is what we give him, all authority was given to Christ, and when we stay in Him, He allows us to walk in His authority.
Bless you GG

G

Godsgirl83

Took the kiddos out to a park today. Then we took a nice hike before heading home. It was beautiful in the woods, just some spots were very mucky, ew! They're looking forward to going again. Next time I'll plan better. More water and bug spray and proper shoes! Today was a spur of the moment thing. The park I had planned on didn't work out.
Got home and cleaned up. Decided to pull the scale out from hiding since it's been a few weeks. NOT HAPPY WITH MYSELF. The few pounds I THOUGHT I lost, came back! And they brought a few friends. I've got to lay off the indulgences again, getting to clumsy with what goes in.
Can't believe I spent $5 on a "health food section" dinner. It wasn't bad, just didn't put a dent in me :(. Oh well, fast food would've been more and done the same thing (leave me hungry).
I am starting to get use to the unsweetened Almond milk. Kiddos like it too!

Homewardbound

Dec 10, 2018
I am at one week without a soda of any kind. That Pepsi's screaming at me has dimmed.
Iced tea fills the ticket now.
Do I feel better because of giving up soda? Not sure, to tell you the truth, but it is the right thing to do.

Thanks for the motivation on this. Once I kick soda, I'll work on another healthier habit!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Took the kiddos out to a park today. Then we took a nice hike before heading home. It was beautiful in the woods, just some spots were very mucky, ew! They're looking forward to going again. Next time I'll plan better. More water and bug spray and proper shoes! Today was a spur of the moment thing. The park I had planned on didn't work out.
Got home and cleaned up. Decided to pull the scale out from hiding since it's been a few weeks. NOT HAPPY WITH MYSELF. The few pounds I THOUGHT I lost, came back! And they brought a few friends. I've got to lay off the indulgences again, getting to clumsy with what goes in.
Can't believe I spent $5 on a "health food section" dinner. It wasn't bad, just didn't put a dent in me :(. Oh well, fast food would've been more and done the same thing (leave me hungry).
I am starting to get use to the unsweetened Almond milk. Kiddos like it too!
My wife likes rice milk. I'll stick to traditional whole milk. No 2% or skim milk for me as there are basically tasteless.

G

Godsgirl83

Made avocado toast this morning. Sooooo yummy! Used a gluten free bread, wasn't bad taste wise, just so tiny, like 2 slices = 1 reg slice of bread.... and NOT cheap... it was almost $5 for a small loaf!!!! You know, this "healthy" food is so dang expensive..... WHY??? Not like there is anything ADDED to it......
I would think that since it doesn't have "additives" and such they would want it to move quickly off shelves= lower prices........
maybe that's why people who eat only "diet/healthy" stuff have success losing weight..... can't afford a whole ton of it, so only eat in moderation.............
okay, I'm just rambling here.........
But the toast/avocado was delish. Also had a banana about an hour before, and it's been about an hour since (oh and b/c it was so small, I had 4 slices with 1 whole avocado). STILL hungry......... got a pint of blueberries I'm bout to dig into.
I thought this healthy eating stuff was suppose to make you feel less hungry? Not make you wanna eat more..........
Oh well. Summer break, and we've been running around a lot.... my food choices have been :poop: lately and the way I feel from it is the same......:poop:.
Haven't been drinking pepsi.... BUT more than I should of other sodas, which is not good either. Actually almost can not stand the pepsi anymore, SO that is a good thing..........
Back to water, water, water.........
expecting to start feeling better in a few days.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
We continue to be proud of you Gods Girl!
I have watermelon Awesome! and a couple cantaloupe, and sweet corn, might nuke a couple ears soon, or maybe one and chew real slow! ha!
Sounds like you are triumphing over the sin of Pepsi, we know the adversary will redouble his efforts to keep is enslaved, great to here you are focusing on water.
Found this about the sugar alcohols that sounds interesting, but I know my xylitol gum will keep cavities from happening yet it is poisonous to dogs.
http://diabetes.org/food-and-fitnes...derstanding-carbohydrates/sugar-alcohols.html