So You Want to Attain Righteousness via the Law?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The only way that we can be righteous , Is by the blood of JESUS, & if we are keeping HIS commandments we will stay clean . We brake his commandments , then we are flitty Again ,& need the blood to cover that sin also , But if we are keeping HIS commandments, then we will stay clean . We haft to brake GODs commandments to SIN . With out GODs commandments , There is no sin . keeping the commandments can not make you clean . If you get dirty ,& don't do any thing else to get dirty .your steal dirty .
So you say 'keeping the commandments can not make you clean' but earlier say " if we are keeping HIS commandments, then we will stay clean ."
Here what Peter says...1 Peter 1:5 (KJV) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

I think I'll go with Peter on this one.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
So you say 'keeping the commandments can not make you clean' but earlier say " if we are keeping HIS commandments, then we will stay clean ."
Here what Peter says...1 Peter 1:5 (KJV) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

I think I'll go with Peter on this one.
You haft to be clean already To stay clean when we are dirty or have sin , we Haft to have JESUS's blood over our sins witch MAKES us CLEAN & bright ,Like the snow . then keeping the commandments without braking them will keep you clean .

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
You haft to be clean already To stay clean when we are dirty or have sin , we Haft to have JESUS's blood over our sins witch MAKES us CLEAN & bright ,Like the snow . then keeping the commandments without braking them will keep you clean .
GOD bless

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Obedience after salvation is our due, what to obey and how is up to th e student to learn from Jesus. Again, obedience is always our due, never a vehicle for earning what we have alredy received freely, salvation by the Blood of the Paschal Lamb of God, Yeshua.
We really Don't have eternal life until we endure unto the END .OR till JESUS come BACK. GOD BLESS AS HE SEES FIT . 5555 (3)11.png

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
The question.. to that no. I have it already through what Christ did on the Cross. Its that what Christ did is why/what God is faithful to. Not anything I can do. I am still in the flesh. That which after God IS created in righteousness and true holiness. So saved yes.. but if I stopped doing good.. I would get very dirty. So there is also a truth to do "good works/righteous works". Not to do anything but.. because its IN ME to want that. As there is also something in me that does now want to. So short is GOD see me already finished THROUGH Christ :)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
then keeping the commandments without braking them will keep you clean
Try again...

1 Peter 1:5 (KJV) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
We really Don't have eternal life until we endure unto the END .OR till JESUS come BACK. GOD BLESS AS HE SEES FIT . View attachment 209509
John 5:24 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

You seem to have the theology of Rome. Were you or are you Roman Catholic?

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
The question.. to that no. I have it already through what Christ did on the Cross. Its that what Christ did is why/what God is faithful to. Not anything I can do. I am still in the flesh. That which after God IS created in righteousness and true holiness. So saved yes.. but if I stopped doing good.. I would get very dirty. So there is also a truth to do "good works/righteous works". Not to do anything but.. because its IN ME to want that. As there is also something in me that does now want to. So short is GOD see me already finished THROUGH Christ :)
The BIBLE tells us if we live i
IF ye live after the flesh ye shall die : but if ye through the spirit do mortify [the deeds of the body ,ye shall live . [ mortify means to put to death ] GOD BLESS

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
John 5:24 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

You seem to have the theology of Rome. Were you or are you Roman Catholic?
I believe that there will be catholic that will make it to heaven , as long as they do all that GOD gives

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
But the Catholic is the woman riding the beast in Revelation. NO daut at all history & the BIBLE shows me that.

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
A woman in prophecy is a Church . witch she is a false Church .

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
Even so I believe GOD has a few in it .
That is the reason GOD says in revelation , COME out of her my people .

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
...Have fun.

Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. (Rom 4:15)

But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. (Rom 7:6)

The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. (1Co 15:56)

But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. (2Co 3:7-9).

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: (Rom 3:21-22)
WE are delivered from the LAW of death , NOT GOD ten commandments LAWS that HE wrote with HIS own finger . GOD dose NOT change .
if HE could have changed the LAWs HE wouldn't had to die on the cross . He simplely WOULD change the lAW of death .

Jan 4, 2020
washburn Tn
And the only LAWS that was done a way with , WAS the Hand writing of Moses that was against us.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I believe that there will be catholic that will make it to heaven , as long as they do all that GOD gives
Sure there are born again Catholics who are saved despite their Church's teaching, but I was asking you, are you or were you Catholic?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
WE are delivered from the LAW of death , NOT GOD ten commandments LAWS that HE wrote with HIS own finger . GOD dose NOT change .
if HE could have changed the LAWs HE wouldn't had to die on the cross . He simplely WOULD change the lAW of death .
Why does Paul use one of the 10 Commandments as an example of our severance from the Law (thou shall not covet).?

But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
(Rom 7:6-7)

Read on and you will see he could not keep the Commandment.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
We may work in the field but when the enemy sows tares in the wheat we have been given to plant and care ford, the Master of the harvest has instructed us to allow the tares to grow along side the good wheat until the Harvest,. Then the tares will be separated from the wheat and cast into the furnace.

We, not you, and not I, should endeavor to tear out the tares before harvest lesst we harm the wheat.

I haave been pushed into almost tearing out the tares.....God forgive me. Now all do the same, we are not God's vigilantes, we are His servants. God bless all in jESUS, yESHUA, AND CONTINUE IN THE WORKS GIVEN US BY OUR fATHER, AMEN..

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
We may work in the field but when the enemy sows tares in the wheat we have been given to plant and care ford, the Master of the harvest has instructed us to allow the tares to grow along side the good wheat until the Harvest,. Then the tares will be separated from the wheat and cast into the furnace.

We, not you, and not I, should endeavor to tear out the tares before harvest lesst we harm the wheat.

I haave been pushed into almost tearing out the tares.....God forgive me. Now all do the same, we are not God's vigilantes, we are His servants. God bless all in jESUS, yESHUA, AND CONTINUE IN THE WORKS GIVEN US BY OUR fATHER, AMEN..
You don't like it when I come on your threads posting off topic subject matter, so I hope you give my threads the same courtesy. You can start a thread on pulling up tares if you wish but kindly respect the topic of this thread...'So you want to attain righteousness via the law'

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Having eyes they do not see; having ears they do not hear; worse has come, having a voice they cannot be

understood.
My posts have all dealt with your posting..............all.