Social organiser

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oh, how come you guys aren't doing regular CC meetups anymore? The ones on the chat on a Friday? I find if you do things on regular basis, then its easier for people to get to and know they got to put in their diary 'Friday, 5pm, CC chat' and make time for it, than have one off thing that's always changing dates and times.

Unless it's become boring and nobody has fun, but I'm sure people did the ones who could stay.
I've had disappointments where people don't turn up, or leave early when they seemed keen in the first place or even organised it themselves, that used to rankle me, but I kind of learned to go with the flow cos life doesn't always go as planned.

As some people say, some people can't organise a piss up in a brewery, so IDK

I had to get 10 people together for a theatre outing, and 12 people for an ice cream tour, so I know it can be done if people are willing. That took a lot of ringing around and making sure people could go and get there. If the snacks/refreshments are good, people will definitely go lol

We started out having a few people from the forum show up, but it eventually got to be all people from the regular chats and no one from the forum, so it seemed pointless to announce it here anymore. The people from the chats generally don't follow the forums at all -- one person even asked me if I was new to the site! 😎

The past month or so, separate things have come up in both Lynx's and my life that keep us from meeting/hosting chats for now. I know there's a bad rumor floating around the forum :ROFL: that all Lynx does is play video games, but he is very deeply involved in caring for other people, and that takes up a good amount of his time. (Me, I'm the one who's the bum!) Ha.

But life is definitely life-ing, I'm not sure when/if we'll get back into it, but if we do, we'll let people know.

But the best answer is that it doesn't have to be Lynx or me -- anyone can host a chat for/with people if they want to keep things going. 🙂

It would actually be very encouraging to see if someone else did. 😇
 
Ok good to know. My day schedule is pretty full with various things going on, and I can't always guarantee I'll be awake at night at what time enough for an hours long chat with no interruptions- wish it were that easy!

Yea I suspected that the chat people and the forum people were quite separate, and a lot of people go on CC, become members, introduce themselves and then go straight to chat, possibly because they need someone to chat with right there and then. Also they may not want to have all their thoughts on the internet permanently for everyone to see.

Do you ever cringe on what you might have written in the past? I mean at a party, sometimes what is like 'what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas'. Not that I'm implying people are up to no good, its just some people want to be anonymous for whatever reason. But they still want to be social.

Sometimes I look at my old posts and laugh, and sometimes its like, what did I write? What was I thinking??
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch
Do you ever cringe on what you might have written in the past? I mean at a party, sometimes what is like 'what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas'. Not that I'm implying people are up to no good, its just some people want to be anonymous for whatever reason. But they still want to be social.
Sometimes I look at my old posts and laugh, and sometimes its like, what did I write? What was I thinking??

Yes, I can totally relate to this.

There have been several times I've thought of closing this account and coming back under another name, though it would still probably have "Seoul" in it, and people would know it was me As Soon As I Started Posting Threads.

I've written during times when I've been very emotionally distraught/depressed, and I often wish I hadn't.

But to delete my account would also mean it would be nearly impossible to find my old threads, and I've found them to be useful in helping me formulate current threads.

So for now, I'll just have to leave my account as is, and pray for better discernment in the future when posting.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: zeroturbulence
Just look at how far you've come...!

Yea, it's not always good to post when you are depressed...or 'under the influence' . But I think it does help and sometimes its beneficial to have some kind of outlet and be listened to, even if half of CC has you on ignore surely someone can relate 😃
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch
I have some more thoughts on this and appreciate the work people put in on CC to organise social events etc

Well am part of a local garden club as you might know and our membership is dwindling because a) people getting older and leaving this world and b) development of our city means people have less room for gardens and also c) club meets at nights, and people don't want to drive/go out at night

So we try to organise day trips during the year and at least one weekend away where we stay overnight --but that is proving difficult because everywhere is so expensive, cost of fuel has gone up, older ladies don't want to travel/drive, accomodations require deposit/payment up front...

it ends up hardly anyone can confirm to go anywhere as a group so only 2 -4 people (who can fit in one car) can go. Tried to organise a visit to an island on a ferry, but on the island with various gardens to go to require a car or bus (not cheap to hire) or e-bike (older ladies can't handle) ferries can be booked out and you need to get on early, and if you miss the last ferry back you stranded on the island, plus then you have to travel back from the city and parking in the city is a nightmare.

So whats happened is I give up and ask my sister who loves travelling to go with me and she can organise everything because she's lived in London (without a car) and is a dab hand at travelling, she's been all over the world whereas I can hardly get out of town and hadn't been on an airplane for 10 years that my passport expired with no stamps in it.

I've travelled by myself out of town but I don't really like to do that anymore..I'd rather have a travel companion or two. The worst thing is when nobody can go/pikes out and you end up having to go places alone. Also it isn't safe. I hate (and thats a strong word from me) 'friends' who pike on you and say they can't go at the last minute and let you down.

Because organising everything takes time and effort and when it's wasted arrgh. The least people can do is turn up to things, or those who say they will actually go, DO go. Its ok to say 'I can't make it' beforehand but it really is annoying to plan things, set aside time, and then have someone at the last minute cancel and leave you to go on your own. Ok if weather is doubtful or iffy for an outdoor activity, but otherwise it's just disappointing esp if you have been looking forward to doing something maybe for YEARS.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: seoulsearch