Some news....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ToastAndTea

Jul 31, 2018
I wanted to share this story of something I've been going through recently.

I have been a born-again believer for a while. But I have the tendency to get off track with God when things are going good.

I'd been out of touch with God for a while, couple of years. But for a couple of months now I have been really trying to pray and draw near to God. Then, I recently started to experience extremely severe attacks of anxiety whenever I started to pray and when I am in church. Not that I don't have that at other times, but during those times it seemed to be most severe. I have never taken drugs or being involved in any kind of occult activity. I do however have a sketchy sexual history.

Started to fast, confess past sins and relationships to God. I believe God is healing me but I have a few questions about the process.... I believe I need to be filled with the Holy Spirit again. But I don't know how to be emptied of self so that I can be filled with the Spirit. I still have these feelings at times... I started to confess what the Word of God said about fear. I find it takes my mind off the issues. But I really just want to move forward from this. I kind of feel like where I am now is as a result of my wandering away from God and I now need to get back to Him.

I guess my questions are: how does one get refilled with the Holy Spirit again after I believe I hurt His heart when I wandered away from Him?

Also, what advice do you have for anyone wanting to get back to God and going through this process? Is there an end? Am I on the right track? I see changes in my Spirit every day, but I am so impatient! I want to get back on the right track with God and be like it was when I first knew Him!!!!

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I wanted to share this story of something I've been going through recently.

I have been a born-again believer for a while. But I have the tendency to get off track with God when things are going good.

I'd been out of touch with God for a while, couple of years. But for a couple of months now I have been really trying to pray and draw near to God. Then, I recently started to experience extremely severe attacks of anxiety whenever I started to pray and when I am in church. Not that I don't have that at other times, but during those times it seemed to be most severe. I have never taken drugs or being involved in any kind of occult activity. I do however have a sketchy sexual history.

Started to fast, confess past sins and relationships to God. I believe God is healing me but I have a few questions about the process.... I believe I need to be filled with the Holy Spirit again. But I don't know how to be emptied of self so that I can be filled with the Spirit. I still have these feelings at times... I started to confess what the Word of God said about fear. I find it takes my mind off the issues. But I really just want to move forward from this. I kind of feel like where I am now is as a result of my wandering away from God and I now need to get back to Him.

I guess my questions are: how does one get refilled with the Holy Spirit again after I believe I hurt His heart when I wandered away from Him?

Also, what advice do you have for anyone wanting to get back to God and going through this process? Is there an end? Am I on the right track? I see changes in my Spirit every day, but I am so impatient! I want to get back on the right track with God and be like it was when I first knew Him!!!!
Been where you are brother. What you need to understand is that Jesus never left you. You are in Him and He in you. When you became a born again Child of God you were SEALED with the Holy Spirit.

You have grieved the Holy Spirit, but He is still with you. Take joy in the knowledge that He is with you. Identify yourself with Him and NOT your past sin.

Here's a clip from an early 1980s movie about King Arthur who felt lost and sick and broken because he forgot who he was. Watch and see what happens to not only him, but everything else as a result of renewing this knowledge.

When this clicks with you, you will become an effective witness for Him. Be Blessed!

ToastAndTea

Jul 31, 2018
I had an outpouring of the Holy Spirit tonight!! I was under attack by the enemy and I started to speak out boldly and loudly and in other tongues and pray the Word of God over myself. Glory to God! I know I still have a long way to go but I praise and thank God for this outpouring. I give Him all the glory and praise today!!!

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Hallelujah!

Hebrews 13 for he himself has said, I will be with you at all times.