people saying my mind is permanently gone was eating at.me.
Ignore those claims and renew your mind (understanding, vision) using God's Word and see things based on what He says about you as a born again Christian
people saying my mind is permanently gone was eating at.me.
Would you be a mentor? If that's not comfortable we can here. Here I guess. Jay Walker..gotcha. Michael Lister. Nice to meet you.Ignore those claims and renew your mind (understanding, vision) using God's Word and see things based on what He says about you as a born again Christian
Ok. It doesn't worry me but taken advice. I would give my whole testimony and not care but who has time for 200 pages? See ya aroundI'm always up for sharing scripture, and it's probably not a good idea to share your full name online for obvious reasons.
Ok. It doesn't worry me but taken advice. I would give my whole testimony and not care but who has time for 200 pages? See ya around
I was repeating 1st John 3:9 for a start when I got your notification. I felt led to start there. You helped tremendously. I got a lot of scripture topic transformation now and I'm getting busy. Have a good Sunday sirProbably better to keep the testimony online brief. If one says they've had some addiction issues that is enough.
The focus should be on God's Word being the solution because anybody with addition issues needs to stop spending so much time retelling the story of how bad they have been and start speaking as one who is standing on God's promises.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Here's a great confession - "I'm a new creation IN Christ, old things are past away and all things are new for me... did you hear that devil? - I'm a new creation IN Christ, old things are past away and all things are new for me..."
This is a major part of renewing your mind in that you stop identifying with who you used to be and instead start identifying with what God says you are as a born again Christian
Then there is praise and worship where you take God's Word back to Him acknowledging what He says about you:
"Thank you Jesus for making me a new creature IN Christ Jesus! I give you praise and honor Sir that my old life is passed away and I'm a new person in You right now! Jesus, I'm with you now and I'm not going back! Please help me grow in you and to know and understand who I am now in You"
Some may call this a prayer of consecration
I was repeating 1st John 3:9 for a start when I got your notification. I felt led to start there. You helped tremendously. I got a lot of scripture topic transformation now and I'm getting busy. Have a good Sunday sir
The topic has proI was repeating 1st John 3:9 for a start when I got your notification. I felt led to start there. You helped tremendously. I got a lot of scripture topic transformation now and I'm getting busy. Have a good Sunday sir
Yes! The topic I mentioned has about new creation and a lot you said promises. You said avoid being transformed by the renewing of your mind and focus on promises. I'm starting with the ones that I feel like have been the biggest barriers related to my life scripture related to that. Thanks againBottom line here is we should follow the model Jesus gave us in the Gospels on what to do when the devil was trying to temp Him trying to get Him to sin.
You said avoid being transformed by the renewing of your mind and focus on promises.
Dude. Sins forgiven past present and future was shoved at me. OMG. I feel robbed.Wisdom - Hearing from God
James 1:5-8
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that gives to all men liberally, without finding fault; and it shall be given to him....but let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed....for let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord....a double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
John 10:4,5
Jesus puts forth His own sheep, He goes before them, and the sheep follow Him: for they know His voice....and a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
Proverbs 16:3
Commit your works unto the LORD, and your thoughts shall be established.
Psalms 32:8
I will instruct you and you in the way which you should go: I will guide you with my eye (favor, knowledge, presence)
Mark 16:15-18
Go into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature....he that believes (continues believing) and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believes not (hasn't believed, or quits believing) shall be damned....these signs shall follow them that believe; they shall cast out devils in My name; they shall speak with new tongues....they shall take up (remove) serpents; and if they drink (take in) any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Live in Righteousness, Walk in Holiness, Set Apart
*Most modern teachers depart from Scripture teaching such false doctrine as “Once Saved, Always Save” and
“All your future sins are already Forgiven” contradicting and opposing what God’s Word actually says… BEWARE!
Proverbs 28:13
He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoever confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy.
James 1:19-22 (ESV)
Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger;
for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness that God requires.
Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness (sin, iniquity) and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
Proverbs 1:23-33 ( an answer to why bad things happen to people! )
Turn you at my reproof (correction): behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known My Words unto you. ( IF we change our ways, our lifestyle and stop sowing to the flesh – see Gal 6:7,8 )
Because I have called, and you refused; I have stretched out My hand, and no man regarded;
But you have rejected all My counsel, and have rejected My correction:
I also will laugh at your oppression / destruction; I will mock when fear comes on you;
When your fear comes as desolation and your destruction comes as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish comes upon you.
Then shall they call upon Me, but I will not answer; they shall seek Me early, but they shall not find Me:
For they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
They would none of my counsel: they despised all my correction.
Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. (reap what they sow)
For the turning away of the simple shall destroy them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
But whoever listens to Me shall live safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil. (Led by God’s Word!)
Psalms 103:11
For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear Him.
1 John 1:9
IF we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Isaiah 55:7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon. (after returning to the Lord!)
Ezekiel 33:18,19
When the righteous turns from his righteousness, and commits iniquity, he shall even die thereby. (Warning!)
But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is good and right, he shall live thereby.
(in the New Covenant, turning to the Lord, walking in agreement with Him is doing right, it’s a RELATIONSHIP!)
John 8:34
Truly I say unto you, whoever commits sin is the servant of sin. (where Romans 6:16 came from)
Romans 6:16
Don't you know, that whoever you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? (living after the flesh is being led by the devil, living after the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ, Who leads us according to His Word, is being led by the Spirit)
see John 16:13
James 4:4-8 (Instructions for Christians who have fallen away, telling them to turn back to the Lord!)
You adulterers and adulteresses, don’t you know that the friendship with the world is opposition to God? Whoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. (the world is led by the flesh)
Do you think that the scripture says in vain, God longs jealously for the Spirit that He has made to dwell in us? (see Galatians 5:17 – He wants to see us allow the Holy Spirit to actually live in us and lead / guide us)
But He giveth more grace. Wherefore He says, God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Draw near to God, and He will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
(turn back to the Lord - see Isaiah 55:7 and Ezekiel 33:18,19)
Romans 8:13
For if you live after the flesh, you shall die (spiritual death, separation from God) : but if you through the Spirit do mortify (put to death, stop) the deeds of the body, you shall live.
Galatians 5:24
They that belong to Jesus Christ have (have already, past tense) crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
*Those that belong to Jesus have turned away from all willing and known sin in their lives (see 1 Cor 15:34)
1 Corinthians 15:34
Awake to righteousness, and sin not
Galatians 6:7,8
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.
For he that sows to the flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption (spiritual death, separation from God); but he that sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting (Spiritual life, zoe life)
2 Corinthians 6:17,18
Come out from among them, and be separate, says the Lord, (holiness) and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.
Matthew 10:32,33
Whoever shall confess Me before men, him will I confess also before My Father which is in heaven.
But Whoever shall deny Me before men, him will I also deny before My Father which is in heaven.
Luke 9:26
Whoever shall be ashamed of Me and My Words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when He shall come in His own glory, and in His Father's, and of the holy angels.
Revelation 3:5
He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the Book of Life, but I will confess his name before My Father, and before His angels.
Revelation 2:11
He that has an ear (has understanding – see Proverbs 4:7), let him hear what the Spirit is saying unto the churches; He that overcomes shall not be hurt of the second death.
(Living after the flesh, after the world is not overcoming… living according to the leading of the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ based on what His Word teaches is being an overcomer – Walking after the Spirit – Romans 8)
I need to know more so I can see truth more. Just when I think I know something. WOW. Ok I really have to go now. I pray the Lord will and I will do my part. I'm speechless. So much revealing today.Dude. Sins forgiven past present and future was shoved at me. OMG. I feel robbed.
Dude. Sins forgiven past present and future was shoved at me. OMG. I feel robbed.
So much revealing today.
I went through too.much..and so many events in life that led till now. Over and over. It's too hard to go back. It's to long to explain. All the things that happened for ed a desicion to be done..I just didn't want to be mislead by a false condemning made up belief..I knew something wasn't right.Romans 3:25
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God
When we get born again only sins that are past are all forgiven and washed away
From that point forward if we sin we need to confess our sins to the Lord and turn away from our sins to obtain mercy and be in right standing with the Lord once again.
Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Hebrews 10:28-31
He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Romans 2:4
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
2 Corinthians 7:10
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
Godly sorrow is the stronger of the 2 references since it leads to "repentance to salvation not to be repented of"
I know I'm still sorry before the Lord for my past life... sorry enough to NOT go back to my old life and instead remain walking with the Lord which is the only place where true peace and happiness can be found.
What Jesus did on the cross does not take away we reap what we sow.
Galatians 6:7-8 (see Gen 8:22)
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
God gave man free will... if man chooses to turn and walk away from the Lord, God will let them do so.
So going forward, call addiction what it is - SIN and understand if we sow to the flesh (sin) we reap corruption. We need to keep things real with God and be honest with Him if we sin and ask Him to forgive us and ask Him to help us renew our mind and remove from us the desire to do the sin we used to do.
If you ever relapse then stop, confess it to the Lord as sin and ask Him to cleanse you of all unrighteousness and get back on track with the Lord walking with Him.
As a young believers I had a few back slidings and the devil tried to tell me I blew it with the Lord and the Lord did not want me back which is a LIE.
It's good to read and know the account Jesus gave of the prodigal son and notice the Father did not chase the son down trying to get him to come back because the Father allowed the son to make his own choices.
But when the son chose to come back the Father rejoiced greatly... from there it's time to put our sin and addictions down for good and grow to to be a mature believer who now longer desires their old life and laughs at the devil who comes around every now and again to see if we can be tempted to go back to our old life.
You have me a book. I'm good. Taking a nap. This helpedI went through too.much..and so many events in life that led till now. Over and over. It's too hard to go back. It's to long to explain. All the things that happened for ed a desicion to be done..I just didn't want to be mislead by a false condemning made up belief..I knew something wasn't right.
I knew something wasn't right.