SOMEBODY needs to do the asking :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2009
From Green's thread, it is apparent that a lot of guys are scared to do the asking. Some to the point that they just don't. So, suggestion time...

LADIES: If you were a guy, how would you ask yourself out?

MEN: For those of you who say you would be okay with a woman asking you, how could she ask without having you feel that she was being overly aggressive?
I've been asked out before and its very flattering. Both times I said yes too. Ladies really should do it more often. To me it doesn't matter how I get asked out. As long as she asks in english or a language that I understand, its perfect!

alienx7587

Jul 10, 2011
From my experience woman always play the 'friends first' card, but honestly, I think it's just a textbook formality- that is, they don't want to appear to be 'easy'. After all, what does 'friends' even mean these days? 'Hang out' and 'Friends' are among the most loosely used terms. They just roll of the tip of peoples' tongues!

I met a girl back in september and we spoke for a few minutes then exchanged facebooks. I saw her around a couple (maybe two) times after that and decided to send her a message asking her to coffee, as I figured it was a friendly gesture to get to know each other. I assumed the least she would do is have the decency to respond, I mean, we had the same outer circle of 'friends'. No response. A couple weeks later I found out from a [I guess mutual?] friend that her and her roommate thought it was strange.

I'm no idiot, I'm not going to ask a girl on a full fledged 'date' via facebook message, but seriously, coffee? Give me a break! There are a lot of women out there looking for Prince Charming, reverse polarity and there are as many men out there looking for Snow White. Humble yourselves! Honestly, these days I'll be happy to find a woman who can cook! ;)

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Pizza AND a Sci-Fi movie???!!! Wait a minute... Pizza AT the Sci-Fi movie???

*Swooning and feeling faint*

Nod, I'd like to date either you, or yourself. It doesn't matter. Both of you(s) sound awesome, so whichever one(s) of you(s) would be willing to answer my post, I'm game. :D

If you('s) all bring the pizza, I'll bring the Junior Mints and miniature Reese's Peanut Butter cups... :)

Wow, I just asked two people(s) out, I think, and it was relatively painless(essess)!!! Thanks, CC. My confidence is growing with every thread. ;)
We both agree to date you :D

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
We both agree to date you :D
YAHOO!!! Look everyone, it works!!! I now have an official date set up with Nod! AND Nod...

Now we just have to figure out seating arrangements at the movies. I mean, Nod, if you and yourself sit on either side of me... I'll feel slightly intimidated (not to mention cornered.) AND, I'd feel obligated to share equal amounts of food with both you, and yourself.

However, if our seating arrangement was -----> YOU---->YOURSELF---->Me.... I would feel a little like a third wheel (and I'd be tempted to hoard more snacks for myself... and maybe, possibly share with you or yourself... whichever one is sitting next to me.) :D

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
From my experience woman always play the 'friends first' card, but honestly, I think it's just a textbook formality- that is, they don't want to appear to be 'easy'. After all, what does 'friends' even mean these days? 'Hang out' and 'Friends' are among the most loosely used terms. They just roll of the tip of peoples' tongues!

I met a girl back in september and we spoke for a few minutes then exchanged facebooks. I saw her around a couple (maybe two) times after that and decided to send her a message asking her to coffee, as I figured it was a friendly gesture to get to know each other. I assumed the least she would do is have the decency to respond, I mean, we had the same outer circle of 'friends'. No response. A couple weeks later I found out from a [I guess mutual?] friend that her and her roommate thought it was strange.

I'm no idiot, I'm not going to ask a girl on a full fledged 'date' via facebook message, but seriously, coffee? Give me a break! There are a lot of women out there looking for Prince Charming, reverse polarity and there are as many men out there looking for Snow White. Humble yourselves! Honestly, these days I'll be happy to find a woman who can cook! ;)
Haha, I love coffee, so a date at a coffee shop would th thrill me! I don't get why she thought is was strange...coffee is a very causal way to get to know one another.

But I hate to burst your bubble and tell you and all the other men out there that I don't do the Betty Crocker thing. But I like to clean house, haha.

alienx7587

Jul 10, 2011
Haha, I love coffee, so a date at a coffee shop would th thrill me! I don't get why she thought is was strange...coffee is a very causal way to get to know one another.

But I hate to burst your bubble and tell you and all the other men out there that I don't do the Betty Crocker thing. But I like to clean house, haha.
Hahha yeah I just used that particular incident to prove a point: women say they like to be "friends" first, but how can you become friends when you don't have the decency to respond to a friendly message asking you to coffee?? :confused:

I was kind of being sarcastic about simply finding a woman who can cook, I would like to think my standards are higher than that! That's not to say though, that cooking isn't a HUGE bonus (since I certainly can't cook). After all, mama always said to my sisters, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! Put this guy on the hunger list! :D

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
Hahha yeah I just used that particular incident to prove a point: women say they like to be "friends" first, but how can you become friends when you don't have the decency to respond to a friendly message asking you to coffee?? :confused:
Agreed.

I was kind of being sarcastic about simply finding a woman who can cook, I would like to think my standards are higher than that! That's not to say though, that cooking isn't a HUGE bonus (since I certainly can't cook). After all, mama always said to my sisters, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach! Put this guy on the hunger list! :D
Haha, I've heard that one before. I just never learned to cook. I can heat something up on the stove, I've been known to bake a cake, but nothing fancy.

I was hoping I could find a man that cooks! Or me and my man could learn together, which would be fun!

alienx7587

Jul 10, 2011
Haha, I've heard that one before. I just never learned to cook. I can heat something up on the stove, I've been known to bake a cake, but nothing fancy.

I was hoping I could find a man that cooks! Or me and my man could learn together, which would be fun!
I can make Mac n Cheese, but I'm convinced some day my wife (should I ever be married) will cuff me to the stove/fridge/cupboard in order to force me to learn how to cook! Should that ever happen though, I'm thinking I'll just become malnourished. :(

Who doesn't like cake?? :D

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
I can make Mac n Cheese, but I'm convinced some day my wife (should I ever be married) will cuff me to the stove/fridge/cupboard in order to force me to learn how to cook! Should that ever happen though, I'm thinking I'll just become malnourished. :(
You're like me, you just don't want to learn how to cook. You're satisfied with canned soups and microwavable goodies. Yup, I'm the same way.

Who doesn't like cake?? :D
My waistline!

alienx7587

Jul 10, 2011
You're like me, you just don't want to learn how to cook. You're satisfied with canned soups and microwavable goodies. Yup, I'm the same way.
My ex-girlfriend loved cooking and said she liked when I helped her, but usually by mid-preparation of a meal she would kindly give me the boot stating that I was in the way. :confused:

Nonsense! The Bible says our life on earth is but a blink of the eye, so theoretically, you only have so much time to eat cake!

jamie26301

May 14, 2011
My ex-girlfriend loved cooking and said she liked when I helped her, but usually by mid-preparation of a meal she would kindly give me the boot stating that I was in the way. :confused:
Yeah, some people are so fickle.

Nonsense! The Bible says our life on earth is but a blink of the eye, so theoretically, you only have so much time to eat cake!
Actually, I seem to remember the bible using the word "vapor" but you're right. Although if I already know what cake tastes like, why keep eating it? Besides, I'm sure there's cake in heaven! Remember the wedding feast of the Lamb.