Somehow I got old...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I happened to glance at my profile page, and I see that I am now a "Senior Member". I'm not sure how I feel about that. Do I get a discount now? Do I have to order half-size portions?

When I hang out with my Dad (in his early 80's) I get a better sense of what "old" does NOT look like. He's full of life, walks several miles a day when he can spare the time, and is sharp as a tack. And he still makes 'Dad' jokes... However, occasionally I need to remind him he's not 55 anymore.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm a senior member and I'm only 37. Unfortunately being a senior member here doesn't pull any weight with the Social Security office... they still say I have to work a few more years before retiring. Feh.

U

Ugly

Just means you've made 100 posts. =P

J

JeniBean

I happened to glance at my profile page, and I see that I am now a "Senior Member". I'm not sure how I feel about that. Do I get a discount now? Do I have to order half-size portions?

When I hang out with my Dad (in his early 80's) I get a better sense of what "old" does NOT look like. He's full of life, walks several miles a day when he can spare the time, and is sharp as a tack. And he still makes 'Dad' jokes... However, occasionally I need to remind him he's not 55 anymore.
Very nice! Welcome to the SENIORS members...we simply post more!

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013

to Dino246,
from CC management:

On behalf of CC staff and supporters, please accept this appreciation prune bouquet for becoming a senior member. Congratulations for achieving a status beyond just regular membership. If needed, the prunes may help you feel regular again.

prune bouquet.jpg

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
That is awesome! How do I get one of those? I have a few people I would love to give it to.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I'm not sure that's what Jesus meant in John 15, but I'll take it, thanks! I've now been officially pruned. :)

Jenizona

Aug 8, 2015
Just means you've made 100 posts. =P
Yeah, I was kind of disenchanted by the fact that I made "Senior Member" before my first week was up lol. :cool: I am so much newb lol.

J

jaybird88

im a senior member to, i missed this when you 1st posted but im usually in bed by 730pm, hold on a sec, one of them stupid kids is driving down the road with them loud pipes and i cant think. looks like the laurence welk show is about to start so i got to go.

May 25, 2015

At least you can eat "free" at some diners ;) ;) ;)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
im a senior member to, i missed this when you 1st posted but im usually in bed by 730pm, hold on a sec, one of them stupid kids is driving down the road with them loud pipes and i cant think. looks like the laurence welk show is about to start so i got to go.
Don't forget the ringtone!

**edited image**

And the yard - you need a yard so you can yell at kids to keep off it. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Weeeeeeeeell shoot. I gotta watch posting those xkcd cartoons. They can slip in words I don't want in my posts. Thanks to Oncefallen for the save.

Here's the text without the word that got past me.

"I haven't lived a perfect life. Made some mistakes, got my share of regrets.

But there's one thing I'm proud of. One stand on which I have never wavered.

When someone calls my phone, it makes a RINGING sound!"

Actually there is a manager at work that has a ringtone of... a ringing sound. I always tell her she's far too young to be that old. :p

P

PurpleIris

Oh, don't remind him he is not 55. Let him live! He's earned it. At least, that is my philosophy in life. :) I keep gently nudging my Mom, who is 83, to keep active. Over the last 8 years I have managed to convince her to ride dune buggy's in the sands in MI, do the elevator drop in Walt Disney and to take her first ever true road trip with me. (OK, well, when it got dusk she asked me where we were sleeping. I replied in the back of the Yukon. She said, "No, I am not. You find me a hotel!" Ha Ha ). I love her.

Maybe it is all in MY head - I intend to act as young as I feel as long as I am able to do so. (and my health insurance continues) :)

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
Weeeeeeeeell shoot. I gotta watch posting those xkcd cartoons. They can slip in words I don't want in my posts. Thanks to Oncefallen for the save.

Here's the text without the word that got past me.

"I haven't lived a perfect life. Made some mistakes, got my share of regrets.

But there's one thing I'm proud of. One stand on which I have never wavered.

When someone calls my phone, it makes a RINGING sound!"

Actually there is a manager at work that has a ringtone of... a ringing sound. I always tell her she's far too young to be that old. :p
Fun Fact #356 - A cartoon explained in words is not even HALF AS FUNNY as the original piece. :p

P

PurpleIris

Traveling with my Mom. We left last night after 5, when I got off work. We had a fun drive for the first 2 hrs. It then started to get dark. She does not see well at night so it started to make her nervous. I tried to assure her it was OK. She asked me for the name of the hotel I had booked and I had to tell her I could not remember. Then, she quickly followed up with, "Where is it?!" I then had to explain that we were heading in the right direction and would be there in the next 10 min. Perplext , her reply was how do you know that when you don't know the name! I explained that I had written down the address. She insisted I call the hotel. So, I pulled over and was looking in my email for the confirmation. I could not find it. At this point I could tell she was really starting to be annoyed. Then, I pulled up my calendar and there was the name if the hotel. Yes! She then saw me on the internet as she said to m, for like the 5th time, to call the place. I told her I was looking for the phone number. Turns out we were 2 min away.

A. I am sorry my behaviors made her anxious. Christians can get anxious when we do not readily see God's plan. But, we need to simply, figuratively, rest in his presence within us to know that He knows what he is doing. We are only here along for the ride! Now, as passengers we do have a role to play. Like the co-pilot role I asked of Mom in reading the directions off of the Mapquest I had printed, God ask that we read his word to help us navigate through our life.
B. The earth IS round. We won't fall off even if we get lost. Just sayin... :). :)