Something to Ponder

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Psa 12:1 To the chief Musician upon Sheminith, A Psalm of David. Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.

It seems that during the last seventy odd years or so, people hae lost the work ethic, not all mind you, but many, the majority.

There are so many who want it all now and do not care how.

They have forgotten, as Smith-Barney used to say, to earn their way the old fashioned way, to work for it.

This wanting it all now and not caring how attitude has overflowed into the people causing the same attitude about Salvation.. this should not be.

Let us keep all mankind in our prayers for Salvation, and eager servants to our Father.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
We cannot earn salvation, but we should not take it for granted, either. Entitlement complexes are running rampant, I agree. We are here to serve Jesus, not self.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Psa 12:1 To the chief Musician upon Sheminith, A Psalm of David. Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.

It seems that during the last seventy odd years or so, people hae lost the work ethic, not all mind you, but many, the majority.

They have forgotten, as Smith-Barney used to say, to earn their way the old fashioned way, to work for it.

This wanting it all now and not caring how attitude has overflowed into the people causing the same attitude about Salvation.. this should not be.

Let us keep all mankind in our prayers for Salvation, and eager servants to our Father.
Well, it’s NOT just employees….it’s also bosses that take advantage of employees with good work habits….anything ran by humans is just completely FLAWED….

The world needs Jesus Christ and believers are VERY blessed to know Him, love Him and be saved by Him.

Not surprised at all at the degradation happening in the world….just holding on to Jesus Christ and hoping to make it out of here with Him when He comes…

…”even so, come quickly Lord Jesus, amen.”

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The parable of our Lor which best tells this is that of the talents of gold, only then it was said of just one of the servants, while today it seems to have run through and contaminated many of the servants. That is to say, in that position but not willing to serve.

What an honor to be given to serve our Father for all eternity.

Jun 9, 2021

I reduced your post down to something that really caught my attention from something I've recently been studying. The very words I have quoted from your post have been used a few specific times and right before or to explain a coming destruction. When we read about Sodom and Gomorrah, the days leading up to Noah's Flood, portions of Matthew 24 concerning the coming Great Tribulation, we read how the people's involved attitude and spirits were. All of them were lovers of self, self pleasure, me me me attitude, gotta have it now.

Your message could be prophetic, since you had something else in mind, but your words also describe events that all have the same things in common. Your post is definitely 2 fold.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I reduced your post down to something that really caught my attention from something I've recently been studying. The very words I have quoted from your post have been used a few specific times and right before or to explain a coming destruction. When we read about Sodom and Gomorrah, the days leading up to Noah's Flood, portions of Matthew 24 concerning the coming Great Tribulation, we read how the people's involved attitude and spirits were. All of them were lovers of self, self pleasure, me me me attitude, gotta have it now.

Your message could be prophetic, since you had something else in mind, but your words also describe events that all have the same things in common. Your post is definitely 2 fold.
Your understanding is implicit. Thank you for responding to it.

Reading Revelation, I have understood only one thing to my satisfaction. When I see what is going on everywhere, and hear how many are interpreting the Word it is obvious to me that what I understand is underscored by the current wave ofmisunderstanding.

When the saints below the altar plead to our Father, how long will it be, how long? The reply is simple. It will take until all those who remain are martyred before it is time.

This explais clearly to me that there is a finite number to be acheived, and only our Father know how many and who each is.

This be the way it is, the closer we are to the end of what is called dtime, the greater will be the number of demons incarnat, evil people, in relation to those who are of the Word.

It was not a wham bang revelation but simply believed, and I like to think, understood. God bless you and kekep you close always, in Jesus, Yeshua, amen.

Jun 9, 2021
Your understanding is implicit. Thank you for responding to it.

Reading Revelation, I have understood only one thing to my satisfaction. When I see what is going on everywhere, and hear how many are interpreting the Word it is obvious to me that what I understand is underscored by the current wave ofmisunderstanding.

When the saints below the altar plead to our Father, how long will it be, how long? The reply is simple. It will take until all those who remain are martyred before it is time.

This explais clearly to me that there is a finite number to be acheived, and only our Father know how many and who each is.

This be the way it is, the closer we are to the end of what is called dtime, the greater will be the number of demons incarnat, evil people, in relation to those who are of the Word.

It was not a wham bang revelation but simply believed, and I like to think, understood. God bless you and kekep you close always, in Jesus, Yeshua, amen.

AMEN!

Thank You!

I definitely agree the reason we see these things more common is because the time is that much shorter and closer to what we know is going to happen. I know many have reservations when we mention paying attention to the signs of the times. But paying attention to the attitude of people as a whole is the very best and safest way to gage where we are at in God's Timing. And when we have God in the flesh pointing out what these other destruction's had in common, and what the coming destruction has in common to the past, and we can see that taking place before our own eyes, we're in tune enough with God to hear and head His Warning.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

it’s one danger of distorting the term grace and eliminating the gospel with it. Christ teaches us like you are saying to have the attitude of a servant serving the lord by serving one another in his form of love.

but when I then explain to you that the things he said don’t apply to you because of grace the. Things he said to teach service and duty and accountablility all fall by the wayside and we’ve let this happen

“The sower soweth the word. And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭4:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

when God starts teaching us truth , Satan is always going to suggest another version of what Gods saying to get us away from what he actually said

he spoke the gospel and Satan the. Comes and says “ that’s not really the gospel the gospel is only grace nothing else applies To you , don’t be fooled into believing the word of God “

it’s what he’s done always and mankind keeps falling for the same design

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
It seems that during the last seventy odd years or so, people have lost the work ethic, not all mind you, but many, the majority.
That is just the tip of the iceberg. But Paul has already given us a prophecy and description of the times in which we live:

2 TIMOTHY 3: OUR TIMES DESCRIBED IN THE BIBLE
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

soberxp

May 3, 2018

Luke 9:56
The son of man does not come to destroy human life. is to save people's lives. " Then he went to another village.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012

A strange and confusing post.
Somehow we go from faithful men, to free loaders, to a proper attitude about the free gift of salvation.
I can see how faithful men ties in with a proper attitude of salvation, but I fail to see the connection with freeloaders/work ethic.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
A strange and confusing post.
Somehow we go from faithful men, to free loaders, to a proper attitude about the free gift of salvation.
I can see how faithful men ties in with a proper attitude of salvation, but I fail to see the connection with freeloaders/work ethic.
I think it’s about the ethic we learn “ it’s a free ride salvation” we can have that attitude and never accept any change required in our action

or we can have a good work ethic and understand this part about diligence versus complacency

“Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:13-14, 17-18‬ ‭

I think it’s about pointing to the diligence part , the steadfastness part I think the op is somewhere here in value

This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.”
‭‭Titus‬ ‭3:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and the equation to someone who lives physically without working or performing thier duty seems to be a good example that’s understood

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I think it’s about the ethic we learn “ it’s a free ride salvation” we can have that attitude and never accept any change required in our action

or we can have a good work ethic and understand this part about diligence versus complacency
I guess it's just hard for me to believe that a person who has truly received God's Spirit, has been born again, would have a heart that would not desire change or not desire to please the Lord.
I wouldn't even call that a salvation

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I guess it's just hard for me to believe that a person who has truly received God's Spirit, has been born again, would have a heart that would not desire change or not desire to please the Lord.
I wouldn't even call that a salvation
yes but a lot of people sell that as salvstion is the thing. And many people aren’t as learned in scripture as you or I. Our heart is guarded by the word of God in the gospel , but others have a different word filling thier heart and think that’s the word to hold onto

I think that being born again , and this is only My own personal thinking as all my thoughts are my own small Viewpoint for what it’s worth.

but born again is sort of to me a term that describes what happens when we begin to hear and believe the gospel there is a change that happens when we let in the teachings and words of Christ because of belief it’s able to change our knowledge

what I mean is

“Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:5-6‬ ‭KJV‬

“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:63‬ ‭

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

what I mean is Jesus teachings in the gospel impart the right way of thinking and believing about salvation , about God the Father , and our own place in his plans. So Paul and Peter are Writing of this change of understanding and change from the old to new because we are believing the Gospel

“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Satan corrupted our minds in the beginning and does it today also but the gospel of we believe is able to renew our understanding and save us the new understanding guides us rather than the old

“That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:22-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

as Paul established mercy in his letters and begins applying doctrine he’s using the idea of being born again that Jesus introduced but he’s offering revelation now without removing the instruction and warnings or Grace it all works together to change us and save us

“Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:9-10, 12-13‬ ‭

the gospel isn’t like the law it’s a belief and new way to think and believe offered and it’s able to save us if we simply believe the gospel for what it is Gods word is living and active and can fix the issues In Our hearts

“Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1:21-22‬ ‭KJV‬‬

as Christ teaches us we can start to follow him and be comfortable in salvetion without having to resist obedience and repentance and all those teachings it’s all one message for us to believe that brings freedom and new life we’re born by believing the word of the gospel it’s effectual in saving us

“Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

…But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭1:22-23,